Treat Video like Audio!
Lightbulb 
When will someone treat video playback with the same features as audio music? We can play genres, Albums, random, continous, playlists and not be expected to manage it, just start playing and walk away.

When its video, we are expected to go to "Movies" and select the movie we want to watch. Or to watch TV Shows, we must select the show and then select a Season (or all) and then select the show to play. Why can't I just click a random play when I'm looking at movies, something in SciFi? If I'm not in the mood for it, I just click NEXT! If I want to watch a random show out of the "Friends" TV Show, can't I just select Friends and hit random play? Nope. Do we really want to select the specific Music Video or can't we just play it like we play plain audio mp3 files-but it just happens to be showing video on the monitor at the time.

The whole reason to have your media in avi/mkv/etc file types is so I have all my media at my finder tips. But why make the interface resemble getting up and looking through the DVD Cases for the movie I want to watch? We have media centers with great screens and sound systems, it might just be playing random video as we move around the house, just like you can play random music and walk away. Why NOT video? Aren't we at the point where we have a Music Video collection (I don't have as many as I wish), and want to play it just like audio can be played? I'd probably get rid of the mp3's I have as I rather listen to the music and maybe stop and watch part of a music-video once in a while. Who stops to watch all those visualizations or some album art/artist info screen?

XBMC looks great and its way better than Windows Media Center, Boxee, etc... but when is someone going to give us the same playback features for video files we find in music players?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Treat Video like Audio!0