Custom Menu Suggestion + Bug
@r128

I love the custom menu addition you have added. I am curious, though, if it would be possible to browse for folders and scripts as opposed to manually typing them. It would certainly make it easier to add and change desired scripts and folders.

Similarly, would it be possible to alter the custom submenu orders? Say, for example, that you want to edit the Music menu, you can change it so that Music Plugins would be the first thing you can select after activating the submenu. As things are now, you would need to activate the submenu then scroll all the way to the right to reach the Plugin Option.

Speaking of Music Plugins from the submenu. I found a bug today that when Music Plugins are selected, the resulting folder is in the library rather than the Music Plugin folder.
ralob Wrote:@r128

I love the custom menu addition you have added. I am curious, though, if it would be possible to browse for folders and scripts as opposed to manually typing them. It would certainly make it easier to add and change desired scripts and folders.

nope, xbmc does not need the path to your folder, it's needs to know the source name you've given it.
scripts you can browse to, so i guess you mean plug-ins?
same thing applies, xbmc needs to know the name, not the path.

ralob Wrote:Similarly, would it be possible to alter the custom submenu orders? Say, for example, that you want to edit the Music menu, you can change it so that Music Plugins would be the first thing you can select after activating the submenu. As things are now, you would need to activate the submenu then scroll all the way to the right to reach the Plugin Option.

lol, how come if you give people a shit load of options, they always want more? ;-)
several skins offer you a (way less configurable) submenu, but i've never come across a post requesting to change their sort order, so how come i get two in one night??
but to answer your question, in xbmc it's not possible to alter either the menu or submenu order. it has to be hardcoded in the skin.

ralob Wrote:Speaking of Music Plugins from the submenu. I found a bug today that when Music Plugins are selected, the resulting folder is in the library rather than the Music Plugin folder.

hmmm...i can't reproduce it, so could you fix me a Debug Log of that?
i assume you have a music library and installed some music plugins?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:nope, xbmc does not need the path to your folder, it's needs to know the source name you've given it.
scripts you can browse to, so i guess you mean plug-ins?
same thing applies, xbmc needs to know the name, not the path.

Ah, OK. Makes sense, thanks. I thought you needed the source path rather than name.

Quote:lol, how come if you give people a shit load of options, they always want more? ;-)
several skins offer you a (way less configurable) submenu, but i've never come across a post requesting to change their sort order, so how come i get two in one night??
but to answer your question, in xbmc it's not possible to alter either the menu or submenu order. it has to be hardcoded in the skin.

It is because we are greedy. And because we know you love more work. Laugh

Quote:hmmm...i can't reproduce it, so could you fix me a Debug Log of that?
i assume you have a music library and installed some music plugins?

Ah, I figured out the problem. Since I reinstalled xbmc last night and axed my user settings for a fresh slate, I didn't rescan anything into the music library, so the plugins weren't scanned into it either. D'oh! I just set the source path and left it. Shocked I can still post a log of it showing nothing, but I doubt it would show anything besides me being an idiot.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom Menu Suggestion + Bug0