Library Mode not Available
After a nightmare attempt at trying to configure XBMCLive, I figured I'd give the Windows version a try. My two big problems wth the Live version were instantly fixed; recognizing the sound card, and mounting my two 500GB external drives.

I added my two drives as sources using the following method.

1. Clicked on add source, new window opened.
2. Clicked Browse
3. Selected drive with movies in
4. Selected ok
5. Set content
6. Set content to movies
7. Enabled run automated scan
8. Enabled use folder names for lookups
9. Enabled scan recursively
10. Clicked OK

This all seemed to work just fine, however...

I can only see the two drives in file mode. When I go to the left, I can change the view, but Library Mode is grayed-out.

How do I engage Library Mode?!?!

If it helps, all of the movies are in the root of each drive in DVD structure (root/movie folder/audio_ts+video_ts/.ifo+.vob, etc)
i think that xbmc can't recognize file like this.
you should make an iso with your dvd folders.
Huh?! Why would it not recognize videos in one of the most universal of all structures?

An .iso of the entire drive, or of each individual movie?
I don't know if this is still a problem, but there used to be an issue with setting the content at the drive level. You might change the structure to :

D:\movies\[movie title]\video_ts\etc.

And then set content on the movie folder.

Before you do that, as a test, go to your movie folder, highlight (but don't click) one of your movie folders, and click 'i' to get information.

If that gets us movie information and causes the library to pop up, we'll know some things.

Also, see my sig for how to post a windows problem. It might help you to give us a debug log while you are scanning your library.
Thank you very much for the reply. I'll try that.

Also, will that info come from the web? If so, this is a stand alone machine.

Sidenote: This might be for naught, too, as I am having a second issue with having perfect audio but no picture. (I posted that separately, as I wanted the title to belong to a specific problem). Bobo1on1 said it was because my gpu doesn't support directx pixel shaders 2.0, but I had a picture running on the same PC with the XBMCLive distro. (But since I couldn't get my drives to auto mount, I decided to give the Windows install a go.) I'm not sure why I would get a picture when running XBMC from a thumb drive and not from Windows, but if I can't get a picture, I guess file view vs. library view will be moot point. Man, am I disappointed. I really want XBMC to work, but I have failed at every turn.
Stand alone, as in not connected to the internet? Yes, that would be a problem. Scraping works by taking a title and matching it with an online database, then downloading the necessary content. If you have no internet connection, you cannot download any content.

You could alternatively populate each folder with the necessary content (pictures and such) using an external scraper that does the same thing and adds an nfo file for text, but that external scraper would also have to be connected to the internet.
Looks like XBMC will not work on my PC through windows. Thanks for your responses. That knowledge will still come in handy in the Live distro.
wisenheimer Wrote:How do I engage Library Mode?!?!

Library mode is disabled until you have scanned some content to the library. In File view select a folder, press C and choose Set Content.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Mode not Available0