No picutre / White Screen
I am trying to get XBMC running through windows. When I first tried, I got the error that a .dll was missing. A search through these forums led me to install the August 2009 distro of DirectX.

That worked, XBMC loaded. I added my external drives as sources. However, when I go to play a video file, even thogh the sound is PERFECT (AC3 passthrough), there is no video... only a white screen. This was the case for but the .VOBs I tried and well ask an .mkvs I tried.

Any idea?
i had a similar problem but mine was something to do with ati ccc 9.12 so i uninstalled my graphics driver and went back to 9.11 however i belive ccc 10.1 is out this may fix it but iv not bothered to update yet

hope this helps (altho if you dont have a ati graphics it wont lol)

paul
It is an older HP DC5000 SFF with integrated intel chip graphics. Does this still apply?
It's because your gpu doesn't support directx pixel shaders 2.0, and xbmc currently does not have a software fallback for directx.
When I was running XBMCLive I had the picture just fine. It's the same on-board GPU. (I only tried the Windows version because I was having a hard time mounting external drives) Does/Can the disc-driven Linux version do something that windows can not?
Opengl in xbmc has a software fallback.
Well F me, running. Thanks for the input. While unfortunate, you may have saved me a lot of time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No picutre / White Screen0