How do I start over with a fresh Library
So I am having really strange Library issues that I cant seem to fix. TV and movies are showing duplicate items. Some TV shows are even being scrapped wrong, even thought they are all named the same format and follow the recommended format by XBMC.

There are folders that were added and then removed a while back that get added on each startup. If I Clean Library they go away, but come right back on next update. I verified that locations that I was are added to the sources.xml folder. Heck I even removed my sources.xml folder and ran clean library in hopes of it removing everything so I could start over. Nothing!

How do I get my library and sources back to the exact way they were on a new install so I can start from scratch?
One way is to set content to none on all your sources and it'll prompt to remove items from the library for the source.
I tried that and all of the shows and videos still showed up in my library
Here is what is inside my sources.xml file

Code:
<sources>
    <programs>
        <default pathversion="1"></default>
    </programs>
    <video>
        <default pathversion="1">OTM Movies</default>
        <source>
            <name>Video Playlists</name>
            <path pathversion="1">special://videoplaylists/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/Users/frontrow/Movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>OTM Movies</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://UN:[email protected]/multimedia/movies/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>OTM TV Shows</name>
            <path pathversion="1">smb://UN:[email protected]/multimedia/tv/</path>
        </source>
    </video>
    <music>
        <source>
            <name>Music Playlists</name>
            <path pathversion="1">special://musicplaylists/</path>
        </source>
        <source>
            <name>Music</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/Users/frontrow/Music/</path>
        </source>
    </music>
    <pictures>
        <source>
            <name>Pictures</name>
            <path pathversion="1">/Users/frontrow/Pictures/</path>
        </source>
    </pictures>
    <files>
    </files>
</sources>
I did this just last night. Had to get out a mouse and right click on the source in the videos section and opt to remove it. If its an apple mouse use the control button to get the right click, then choose remove source. Then the dialog pops up that asks if you want to keep or remove the items from the library. Opt to remove. You should see another dialog that indicates its cleaning up the database. Once finished add the same source again and set the content as you wish.
A F'n Roku, cant wait to build a ryzen.
quotaholic Wrote:I did this just last night. Had to get out a mouse and right click on the source in the videos section and opt to remove it. If its an apple mouse use the control button to get the right click, then choose remove source. Then the dialog pops up that asks if you want to keep or remove the items from the library. Opt to remove. You should see another dialog that indicates its cleaning up the database. Once finished add the same source again and set the content as you wish.

Sorry if I forgot to mention that im on a AppleTV... so I dont think I can have a mouse and keyboard
Is there a second source file somewhere that it could be pulling locations from?
Not sure I can offer any help on the source file however try holding the menu button down on the AppleTV remote with the source selected. After one to two seconds I am thinking the same contextual menu that we get with a right click should appear for you.
A F'n Roku, cant wait to build a ryzen.
Easiest way is to just delete your "MyVideos34.db" you can also delete your "sources.xml" but normally its not necessary, if you leave sources you will have to set content again on those sources

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I start over with a fresh Library0