Latest SVN & TVheadend no VDPAU on HD Channels
Hi all,

im running a minimal 9.10er Karmic installation on a Zotac ION, up to 9.11 everything worked well, now i upgraded to (SVN:27017). But now it seems that the HD Channels Provided via TVheadend are foobared, it looks like there is no VDPAU on the Channels anymore. Can anyone confirm this?

On my DualCore Windowsworkstations they work fine via Softwareencode ...

Heres my latest logfile if someone could be so kind and have a look.

Other HD Material is working fine ...

http://pastebin.com/m6279c7f9
i can confirm this ... running tvheadend/xbmc also on an ion
hd channels are in slow motion now
I reverted back to the latest stable, and vpdau on hd channels is back on to bad i'm missing now other features Wink
Star 
is there any change in this? running xbmc svn trunk 31682 on a Ubuntu 10.04 linux. with an tvheadend 2.11.
And have no vdpau on HD channels, like the guys before.

I also tried to make a /home/user/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml with this code

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<vdpauscaling>true</vdpauscaling>
</advancedsettings>

but it did not help

Vdpau working fine with mkv files usw, only tvheadend HDTV stream do not work.

Maybe somebody has a solution, but i did not find around the net.

greets
lian
You'll need a more recent Tvheadend version in order to get hw acceleration (vdpau) back.
Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
thx for the tip,

i will gonna try it tomorrow after this how to from the tvheadend developer section

Quote:The article describes how to build tvheadend from source

First, make sure you have the packages installed that is required to build tvheadend:

$ sudo aptitude install build-essential libavahi-client-dev subversion

Then, checkout Tvheadend from source: (Note, this will also checkout FFmpeg 0.5 from an external repository as part of the process)

$ svn co svn://svn.lonelycoder.com/hts/trunk/tvheadend

This will create a directory called tvheadend where the source will be placed. To build, just do:

$ cd tvheadend
$ ./configure
$ make

Once completed you can start it in console (i.e. not a backgrounded daemon) mode:

$ build.Linux/tvheadend -d

cheers
lian
but how to make it be running as a daemon?

maybe a

sudo make install

at the end? so it will override my exitsting 2.11?

cheers
lian

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest SVN & TVheadend no VDPAU on HD Channels0