Starting XBMC sometimes brings my router down(?)
This has happened so many times that I don't think there can be any other reason that it's related to XBMC.

What has happened several times this week is that when I wake up the Vista-computer from sleep-mode (xbmc still running), the internet often goes down. Somehow I loose my connection to the routers internet connection reports that it's no longer holding the DSL connection.

The only thing XBMC uses for internet connection must be the RSS-feed (?) how can this happen? it's really annoying
I am experiencing the same thing but i never thought to suspect xbmc to be the cause. this has been happening alot, especially lately. i would have to spend some time to test and confirm whether xbmc is the cause but just putting it out there that i also get this, i lose dsl sync and can take either few seconds to come back online, or quite longer.

i will report back once ive spent some time on this today.

does it happen for you every time you turn on your xbmc? or randomly.
it sems random. it's not every time. ive now disabled rss feed to see if this is related. i use the pm3 skin.

my guess is that it's somehow related to the waking up process, where it might not find the network immediately. not sure how/why.
mines random too, but this happened again to me yesterday, i shutdown all the xbmc's in the house and it took almost an hr for the dsl to sync so im not convinced its caused by xbmc, at least not on my end.

its a very strange issue and hard to diagnose.
If an RSS feed can bring down you DSL connection then you really need to call your DSL provider.

An RSS feed it's self is not that intense of a file transfer, its pretty much just a Text file.

I would sooner suspect you have a bit torrent running, if any thing would do it that would.

With a web browser, try Streaming some Netflix, HD YouTube videos or Apple trailers when your DSL connection is up.

If your PC's traffic is actually causing your DSL connection to crash then that will do it.

BTW, If that causes a disconnection then that's pretty bad connection, call your DSL provider and get tough. Angry

XBMC 11: EDEN | XBMC | HDDVD+Blu-Ray ISO playback & Blu-ray player
PC - HTPC CASE: APEX DM-318 Black Steel MB: ASUS M3N78-EM/NVIDA8300 | CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ RAM: 2gb DDR2 1066
HD: 70gb(System) DVDROM: LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray/HDDVD OS: Win7 | NAS: 3-terabytes(RAID 5)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Starting XBMC sometimes brings my router down(?)0