Additional FTP 'site' commands
would'nt it be sweet if filezilla supported

* restart (launches itself)
* softboot
* hardboot
* power off

:bowdown:

especially the 1st one is useful after you just updated all files :kickass:
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Exclamation 
raw ftp site command "execute <filename.xbe>" like the one evolutionx/evox has would be a nice addition too Cool
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i would settle for "site execute filename.xbe". that way i could restart xbmc after an update, since i know in my script what the path and name is of xbmc.

any thoughts gglaze how hard this would be?

i'll have a look at it. shouldn't be too hard. is there a util or api for shelling an executable in xdk?
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
if you can get it to call stuff in cutil, then you'll be fine - runxbe() etc. is all in there. that would be your best bet. have some system where certain site commands call some handler within the xbmc source tree, and we can handle that stuff from there (saves having to update filezilla source too much etc.)

ok, should be very straightforward to throw this together - it would also be useful for me, so i'll get on it soon.

so far, here's the spec i've got in mind:

site execute <___.xbe>
runs the named xbe executable

site softboot
exits xbmc and returns to dashboard

site hardboot
exits xbmc and hard-boots the xbox

site powerdown
exits xbmc and powers down the xbox

site exit
same as softboot?

site close
?? same as exit or same as stop maybe ?

site stop
stops any currently playing media (audio/video/picture-slideshow)

let me know if we need to modify this list or whatever. i'll follow up if i can't figure out how to do any particular commands.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
maybe one more :kickass:

site restart

if it's possible, i dont know...

just a note here for future reference:

if possible, do it using the built-in function scheme:

site xbmc.restart
site xbmc.shutdown

etc. these can then call cutil::execbuiltin()

and any extra stuff we add will be automatically available via ftp.

any step forward on this yet?

gg
Sad 
i had a lazy idea. since i have quite a bit to my xbox and i sometimes want to reboot or shutdown the xbox it would be a neat feature to have a command implemented in the ftp. like "site reboot" for a reboot and a "site shutdown" for a shutdown of the xbox.
fyi, i am working on this again. sorry for the delay. eta: asap.
Cool
Thumbs Up 
(jmarshall @ nov. 04 2004,17:28 Wrote:if possible, do it using the built-in function scheme:

site xbmc.restart
site xbmc.shutdown

etc.  these can then call cutil::execbuiltin()

and any extra stuff we add will be automatically available via ftp.
i like to second that :kickass: ...and if there are command that are not in there that needs to be added please add them to the builtin commands too, tia :bowdown:
noted.

also, planning to remove some of the extra code inside the ftp implementation that already does things like restart, shutdown, etc. - i'm going to make it so that all site commands simply call the util exe commands.

also - unless anyone has objections - planning to make "xbmc." the default prefix - i.e. if you don't have a prefix, "xbmc." will be appended at the beginning automatically. this will allow "site restart" to still be a valid command.
very neat way of doing it. clean an nice, just the way i like it..
if you happen to stumble upon the ftp transfer corruption bug digging around in the ftp server, feel free to fix that too.

Exclamation 
...and while you're at it how about updating to latest filezilla point release code (currently 2.2.13c)? Confusedaint:

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Additional FTP 'site' commands0