[XBOX] I'm going mad, please help?
Hi guys ive just got a xbox and i want to add aeon skin to it, when i put the aeon skin on my xbox it says incompatable skin requires 2.00 or higher.

Why is this happening guys, all i want is this skin and im going to crushed if i cant get some help getting it to work.

Please please help me guys regards Evilthoutz.
aeon + xbox = forget about it.
Hi spiff i take it you hate xbox as much as i hate LinuxLaugh
But to answer your question, make sure you don't have the skin in 2 folders ie
Aeon/Aeon/ 720p etc just make sure it's Aeon / 720p etc etc.
But be aware the normal Aeon will hardly work at all you need one of the optimized versions for Xbox look for my old xbox friendly version on this forumNod
XBMC Frodo 12 - Windows 7 - Asrock Ion 330HT - Aeon Nox
Hi paul thansk so much for your help but ive looked through all your posts and i can see it.

Is there any where else i can get it ? please help me.
Hi again paul it says the linc is no longer available.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ions+skins

Is this the right post yes, also can you tell me honesly is this a waste of time to configure?

And is aeon skin known to work fine with the xbox as i see a lot of negative posts.
Evilthoutz Wrote:Hi again paul it says the linc is no longer available.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...ions+skins

Is this the right post yes, also can you tell me honesly is this a waste of time to configure?

And is aeon skin known to work fine with the xbox as i see a lot of negative posts.
To be honest with you i had no problems running it on my xbox for many months but then again i only used sd and 720p content on it hooked up to a 22" 16/9 tv i like most had the occasional memory problem but a quick refresh or reboot soon cured it.
Justr make sure your fanarts are sized to 960x540 and turn off as many extras as possible and turn disable any views you do not want to use.
And you will allway's hear negative comments about it as alot of people said i would not be able to get it running at all.
Though i do not know how it runs on the latest builds of xbmc as i discontinued
working on it a long time ago as Aeon auriga just got too bloated and unstable.
Xperience is far nicer.......Big Grin
ps let me know how you get on......
OK here goes im going to smash my xbox soon, i cant even get one dam skin to work.

All i have on my xbox is project mayhem 1,2,3, on there which are crap.

Ive tryed most of these skins > http://code.google.com/p/xbmc-xbox-skins/

Ive also have not made the mistake of putting the skin into folder then folder

And they all say the same stuff incompatable skin we require skins higher than version 2.00

Im getting it on every skin i upload onto it.

The linc is not working for the Aeon so i have not tryed that yet.

can you send me any kind of skin that will work that looks good, im getting fustrated like i ant had sex in 3 years, thats how i dam well feel

PLease help me mate its somthing i really want to get to work im upp all night on it. regards Evilthoutz
What version of xbmc are you running?
-stoli-
Im not sure what version, how can i check what version im using? please reply
In PM3HD click the R-stick down and select 'System Info'
paul Wrote:Hi spiff i take it you hate xbox as much as i hate LinuxLaugh
not true, the xbox was a nice little box for its time. i just get frustrated with all the peeps trying to get it into doing shit it just ain't capable of. running aeon in sd is silly. almost as silly as playing "hd" on the xbox by using inadequate codecs (xvid) at silly low bitrates. sure, you have alot of pixels, but each and every one of them look like shite.
Ive got it to work and it does seem to run very slow and sluggish, can this be sorted or is that it, its just wank ?
spiff Wrote:not true, the xbox was a nice little box for its time. i just get frustrated with all the peeps trying to get it into doing shit it just ain't capable of. running aeon in sd is silly. almost as silly as playing "hd" on the xbox by using inadequate codecs (xvid) at silly low bitrates. sure, you have alot of pixels, but each and every one of them look like shite.
Agreed. Put mine out of commission a while back. Also judging by your threads Evil, it looks like you need to update your version of XBMC. Try going to the T3CH site and FTP'ing over a newer build. And Id recommend finding an XBOX optimized version of Aeon as it will be less resource intensive.
Evilthoutz Wrote:Ive got it to work and it does seem to run very slow and sluggish, can this be sorted or is that it, its just wank ?

Try this http://lmgtfy.com/?q=XBMC+nightly+builds
Evilthoutz Wrote:Ive got it to work and it does seem to run very slow and sluggish, can this be sorted or is that it, its just wank ?

Its called, your working with obsolete technology and new code, just doesn't go hand in hand. Time to upgrade to a HTPC my friend! Wink
ASRock ION 330 • XBMC Live 10 • Harmony One Remote • MCE IR Sensor • 6TB NAS

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[XBOX] I'm going mad, please help?0