Use art in folder instead of what XBMC downloads?
Hi,

Apologies if this was covered elsewhere but I couldn't find it in a search. I use YAMMM to get my metadata, which runs as a service on my WHS and downloads art, nfo's, etc. directly into the movie folder. Is this the actual art that is used in XBMC when it does a scan? I also see that the XBMC art is stored under User/Roaming/thumbnails, etc., so if I change the art in the movie folder will XBMC use that updated art on a scan? If not, can I force it to?

Also, what is the consensus on the best metadata manager? I only am concerned with the art. For example, The 13th Warrior automatically downloads a poster in German, and I'd like an app with a nice interface to change that, preferably outside of XBMC. I thought I used a Windows app recently that allowed you to cycle through the options and choose the one you want, but I can't remember the name...

Thanks very much,
Justin
Hi, any thoughts on this? Sorry for the bump, but I'm very curious.

Thanks
justinm1 Wrote:Hi,

Apologies if this was covered elsewhere but I couldn't find it in a search. I use YAMMM to get my metadata, which runs as a service on my WHS and downloads art, nfo's, etc. directly into the movie folder. Is this the actual art that is used in XBMC when it does a scan? I also see that the XBMC art is stored under User/Roaming/thumbnails, etc., so if I change the art in the movie folder will XBMC use that updated art on a scan? If not, can I force it to?

XBMC caches all images. On the initial scan, it will grab whatever is in the movie directory and cache it locally. If you change some images in inside the movie directory, and do a library update, xbmc will not pick up the changes. If, while scanning, it comes across a file that is already in the databse, it skips it. The only way to get it to 'update' is to remove it from the library, and re-add it, or do a manual refresh for each movie.
justinm1 Wrote:Also, what is the consensus on the best metadata manager? I only am concerned with the art. For example, The 13th Warrior automatically downloads a poster in German, and I'd like an app with a nice interface to change that, preferably outside of XBMC. I thought I used a Windows app recently that allowed you to cycle through the options and choose the one you want, but I can't remember the name...

Thanks very much,
Justin

I use Ember Media Manager for movies. There are several tools, some off the top of my head are:
EMM
Media Info Plus
Media Companion

Check the 'Supplemental Tools' subforum.
Excellent, thanks. So I guess it first checks the movie folder for artwork, and if it finds none (or none with a filename matching what it's looking for), then uses the scraper?
justinm1 Wrote:Excellent, thanks. So I guess it first checks the movie folder for artwork, and if it finds none (or none with a filename matching what it's looking for), then uses the scraper?

Not sure on that. I know if it finds a valid .nfo, it will use everything from the directory, and not scrape anything from the web. But I'm not sure what happens if you put only images in the folder. Regardless, if you use a Media Manager, it will add those nfo's and images, and everything will be grabbed from that directory.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Use art in folder instead of what XBMC downloads?0