• 10(current)
Work in progress...
The role of showing "DVD images" is fantastic but to have to create folders for each movie is not logical.

Among other problems are lost Fanart views in "Files"

Would it be possible to put the image next to each movie?

"Video.tbn"
"Video-Fanart.jpg "
"Video-disc.png"

sorry for my bad English
caballero Wrote:The role of showing "DVD images" is fantastic but to have to create folders for each movie is not logical.

why not?
i think it's much easier to store each movie in it's own subfolder together with all artwork and .nfo file.

but yeah, it's a personal preference.

caballero Wrote:Among other problems are lost Fanart views in "Files"

not sure what you mean, are you using filemode or library mode?
fanart views should work fine in both though...

caballero Wrote:Would it be possible to put the image next to each movie?

"Video.tbn"
"Video-Fanart.jpg "
"Video-disc.png"

if i understand you correctly you store all your movies in one folder, so you would like something like moviename-disc.png i guess?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Quote:if i understand you correctly you store all your movies in one folder, so you would like something like moviename-disc.png i guess?

thats a great idea!
Daniginz Wrote:thats a great idea!

might be difficult to implement though.
you can try thr following (without any guarantee it'll actually work):
in Includes_Workarounds.xml, replace all occurrences of:
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Path,,disc.png]

with:
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Path]/$INFO[ListItem.Label,,-disc.png]

you at least need to make sure the filename is exactly the same as the moviename.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Quote:
Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Path]/$INFO[ListItem.Label,,-disc.png]

Big Grin It works perfect. Mil Gracias.

Normally use the library mode, but not always, especially when I break the database.

I have a central server with FreeNAS and three HTPC.

Transparency! is one of the few who use the light Skin Fanart in "File Mode" and did not want to lose this function getting all the movies in folders.

These views are very useful sections such as documentaries that work in File Mode.

Also commenting on the new features are fantastic menu:

this is a mod of mine. To include some shortcuts in the menu can now be easily set:

For me this is the best skin of XBMC, only fails on the weight of the menus, it becomes stuck a bit on a computer with a C2D E5300 Ion, but this is easily resolved,

Thanks again and great job.

Edit:
there is a problem, the code uses the name of the video from the library and have to use the file name.

Library names usually contain characters like ":" are not acceptable as the file name I can not put all the images.
caballero Wrote:Edit:
there is a problem, the code uses the name of the video from the library and have to use the file name.

Library names usually contain characters like ":" are not acceptable as the file name I can not put all the images.

yep, i know...but there's nothing you can do about it.
Hi Ronie, do you think this is a good idea, maybe it's been asked for before but here goes, to be able to click onto the dvd cover/poster in say fanart mode in the library and the dvd cover zooms up larger?

John.
hasselhof Wrote:Hi Ronie, do you think this is a good idea, maybe it's been asked for before but here goes, to be able to click onto the dvd cover/poster in say fanart mode in the library and the dvd cover zooms up larger?

John.

it should be doable, i only fear it would needlessly clutter navigating the skin.
it wouldn't be so much a problem for mouse users, but people using a remote would easily get lost when there are a lot of focusable items on the screen.
ronie Wrote:yep, i know...but there's nothing you can do about it.

:rolleyes2: Well, almost solved with this:

Code:
$INFO[ListItem.Path]$INFO[ListItem.FileName,,-disc.png]

The problem is that the images must be saved:

"Video.avi-disc.png" :mad: :p
Hey, i found something else weird.
When i cleanup a dir with movies from the library, the screen 'refreshes' alot and everytime a new background is loaded, like multiple times/second.
Is it something in xbmc or the skin that does this, because if it is the skin, maybe it would be helpful to not refresh the background-image everytime.
Intel Core2Quad 3,2Ghz, 2Gb RAM, Nvidia GTS450 on Ubuntu 10.10, Denon AVR-2311, Denon POA4400A
grote002 Wrote:Hey, i found something else weird.
When i cleanup a dir with movies from the library, the screen 'refreshes' alot and everytime a new background is loaded, like multiple times/second.
Is it something in xbmc or the skin that does this, because if it is the skin, maybe it would be helpful to not refresh the background-image everytime.

could you tell me hoe exactly to reproduce this?
how does one 'cleanup' a directory?
Go to a dir where you set content for (tvshow/movie) and choose 'Set Content' again and set it to 'None', xbmc will ask if you want to delete the movies from the library.
If you say yes, it will start to delete all the movies in that dir from the library.. while its doing that, every percent/movie (not sure which one it is) gives you a new background-image.
Intel Core2Quad 3,2Ghz, 2Gb RAM, Nvidia GTS450 on Ubuntu 10.10, Denon AVR-2311, Denon POA4400A
ronie Wrote:sure, once all the addon changed in xbmc are finished, i'll release a stable version of T! which can be downloaded and installed through the add-on system in xbmc.

Any news on this? Would love to have auto-updates, which will work once you add it to the repo.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:Any news on this? Would love to have auto-updates, which will work once you add it to the repo.

nope, no ETA yet.
I'd still be running 9.11 if it wasn't for this awesome skin... keeping up with all the new eye-candy in T! makes downloading new SVNs fun Smile
Kodi: Kodi 17.4, with Transparency!
50 TB Unraid Server: Docker Apps: SABnzbd, Sickrage, mariaDB
HTPC: Win10 (cause Steam), i7, GTX 1080
Watching on: Panasonic TC65-PS64 with lowend Sony 5.1 HTIB
Other devices: rMBP 15", MBA 13", nvidia shield
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Work in progress...0