TV Icons/art not showing up for some things.
I noticed starting with 16.0 (and also in 16.1) that some of the fanart/posters don't show up, they are just blank. When I attempt to do a manual "TV Show Information", the item has been identified correctly, and all the art is actually there, but when i close the window, that item is still blank. It seems to only happen in the TV show area, it doesn't happen to movies. I use Back Row skin, but there isn't a completed official version yet for 16, yet, it still happens in all the skins I try. I've installed 16.1 fresh and only used the Confluence skin, yet it still happens.

I'm not sure if this is just coincidence, but it seems to happen mostly to Anime titles. There are a few Anime titles that work, and there are a few non-anime titles that don't, but the majority of them show up blank. I have 321 items in my TV menu area and maybe 8-10% of them show up blank.

I have a MacMini running 10.11.5 of Mac OS X. I don't know if it is a Mac OS X only issue, but that is the only OS I've tested it on.

Thanks,

Ed
Okay, so I have more information. It does happen under Fedora Linux 24 also. But it seems that the reason it is happening is because the episode names aren't what the TV Scrapper is expecting. So, the scrapper is looking at the files in the folder and isn't able to correspond any of the episode names to what it thinks they should be, so, for some reason, it isn't showing the art.

Here is my example. Let's say, hypothetically, I had the 1981 TV series "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy" and the episode names were "Episode 1.avi", "Episode 2.avi", etc... If I were to run Kodi 16.1 with --debug I might see some errors when trying to equate episode names. If I renamed the episodes to "Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy - 1x01.avi", etc.. the scrapper would suddenly recognize the episode names and then displaying the icon art for the listings (and all the details for the episodes). This is probably why a lot of the Anime folders might not work since a lot of episode names can be a bit non conventional.

Still a bug, but there is a work around, even though I don't want to implement it.

Ed
I just tested this issue with the nightly build of Kodi 17 and it looks like this bug was fixed. Thank you whether you did that on your own or saw this thread.

Ed

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TV Icons/art not showing up for some things.0