• 10(current)
[AppleTV] CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher
My BCM700015 card from Logic Supply arrives later this week. Will this installer do everything I need to do for the v15 card, or are there additional steps that will need to be taken?

I realize the v15 card driver is not 100% final, but I'm hoping that this script will at least install a driver to keep me going until davilla is finished working out the kinks...

<fingers crossed>

Scott
has this stopped working for everyone, or is it just me?

0xfeedbeef.com/appletv/turbo_atv_enabler.bin

looks to be broken
Muskyinoz Wrote:has this stopped working for everyone, or is it just me?

0xfeedbeef.com/appletv/turbo_atv_enabler.bin

looks to be broken

Verified broken. Investigating.
i have apple tv with xbmc im using a macbook pro (intel) to set things up just bought the hd card model 15 from logic supply got it and installed it. does not show up or let me install the drivers for the r26 patch i am stuck i dont know how to install kext files or things of such but i can follow directions great but it has to be detailed cause some of the threads though i understand them i cant find them so im stuck at square one

thanks to anyone who helps
dregray Wrote:i have apple tv with xbmc im using a macbook pro (intel) to set things up just bought the hd card model 15 from logic supply got it and installed it. does not show up or let me install the drivers for the r26 patch i am stuck i dont know how to install kext files or things of such but i can follow directions great but it has to be detailed cause some of the threads though i understand them i cant find them so im stuck at square one

thanks to anyone who helps

until the driver in Launcher is updated, you will need to build and install the driver/lib/firmware manually. See http://code.google.com/p/crystalhd-for-osx/
Big Grin 
cool deal this is were i fail..is this done in the terminal one the mac or where do i do these things
dregray Wrote:cool deal this is were i fail..is this done in the terminal one the mac or where do i do these things

You build on your MBP using xcode, then move the various bits to the appletv.
davilla Wrote:You build on your MBP using xcode, then move the various bits to the appletv.

I'm afraid that I'll run into the same issues that dregrey is experiencing.

To be clear, if you want to use the v15 card on an ATV, you've got to perform the steps outlined here (http://code.google.com/p/crystalhd-for-osx/ ) in addition to "building the MBP using xcode?"

I apologize for my newbness, but I don't know what MBP or xcode is, or how to do much else aside from following the manual install process in the link above.

Apparently if I got the v12 card the auto-installer would work out of the box, but the v15 card will be much harder to configure.
Scott B Wrote:I'm afraid that I'll run into the same issues that dregrey is experiencing.

To be clear, if you want to use the v15 card on an ATV, you've got to perform the steps outlined here (http://code.google.com/p/crystalhd-for-osx/ ) in addition to "building the MBP using xcode?"

I apologize for my newbness, but I don't know what MBP or xcode is, or how to do much else aside from following the manual install process in the link above.

Apparently if I got the v12 card the auto-installer would work out of the box, but the v15 card will be much harder to configure.

MBP == macbook pro, dregray said he had one.

If you don't know what xcode is, then I suggest waiting until the driver in Launcher gets updated. Xcode is the Apple development tool for building source code.
Big Grin 
dont think im dumb lol but i don't know where that is im on a learning curve if u can get a little more detail with this im sure ill catch on and get it working
dregray Wrote:dont think im dumb lol but i don't know where that is im on a learning curve if u can get a little more detail with this im sure ill catch on and get it working

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xcode

It's on your OSX install DVD.
davilla Wrote:MBP == macbook pro, dregray said he had one.

If you don't know what xcode is, then I suggest waiting until the driver in Launcher gets updated. Xcode is the Apple development tool for building source code.

MBP - I feel dumb now. Smile I didn't even think of that since the thread topic is ATV.

Would I have to use xcode to build source code to install the v15 driver/software on the ATV?
Scott B Wrote:MBP - I feel dumb now. Smile I didn't even think of that since the thread topic is ATV.

Would I have to use xcode to build source code to install the v15 driver/software on the ATV?

You would need xcode to build the kext (driver) and library from source code. Installing on the AppleTV is a different issue. For that you just scp the files over to the AppleTV, then move them into place using an ssh session. You have to two step it because you can't scp them into place directly.

I take it you have not read the page at:

http://code.google.com/p/crystalhd-for-osx/ ->Special Instructions for the AppleTV
davilla Wrote:You would need xcode to build the kext (driver) and library from source code. Installing on the AppleTV is a different issue. For that you just scp the files over to the AppleTV, then move them into place using an ssh session. You have to two step it because you can't scp them into place directly.

I take it you have not read the page at:

http://code.google.com/p/crystalhd-for-osx/ ->Special Instructions for the AppleTV

OK, that's great news. I was afraid the instructions for the v15 card were different from the instructions for the v12 card.

I assume for the ATV with BCM70015 that I would use the crystalhd-for-osx-1.0.3.zip driver, and follow the rest of the instructions on the link you posted?

If that's the case, I wonder why the auto-installer wouldn't work for the BCM70015 configurations..?

Sorry again if this is a dumb question..
Scott B Wrote:OK, that's great news. I was afraid the instructions for the v15 card were different from the instructions for the v12 card.

I assume for the ATV with BCM70015 that I would use the crystalhd-for-osx-1.0.3.zip driver, and follow the rest of the instructions on the link you posted?

If that's the case, I wonder why the auto-installer wouldn't work for the BCM70015 configurations..?

Sorry again if this is a dumb question..

To quote "There is also the new bcm70015 Crystal HD cards and these are also supported with this driver/lib/firmware provided you build from svn trunk. A release version has not been made the includes bmc70015 support yet."

You MUST compile from source code for bcm70015 support.

And from the download page "crystalhd kext, library and firmware based on r26" for crystalhd-for-osx-1.0.3.zip.

You're not paying attention to what is written Smile
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher3