• 23(current)
[AppleTV] CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher
The steps of defcon are incorrect
You need the new files and the procedure is on the googlecode for CrystalHD
I have installed the Crystal Broadcom 00015 board in my ATV1. I have XBMC 10.1 installed, with the latest nightly. I downloaded the r174 crystal driver with Launcher and it installed successfully. However, when I look through the menus in XBMC I do not see any mention of the new processor. Am I supposed to see a place in the Settings to enable the accelerator?
How can I determine if the board is detected and in use?
Thanks in advance.
ifreezer Wrote:I have installed the Crystal Broadcom 00015 board in my ATV1. I have XBMC 10.1 installed, with the latest nightly. I downloaded the r174 crystal driver with Launcher and it installed successfully. However, when I look through the menus in XBMC I do not see any mention of the new processor. Am I supposed to see a place in the Settings to enable the accelerator?
Thanks in advance.

after installing the drivers via the launcher you will need to do a restart then upon re entering xbmc the hardware acceleration via crystalhd card (or something like that) should be enabled.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:after installing the drivers via the launcher you will need to do a restart then upon re entering xbmc the hardware acceleration via crystalhd card (or something like that) should be enabled.
I have restarted several times.
Please tell me. do you use version 10.1 of XBMC on ATV1? If so, do you see an explicit menu item for the crystal HD?
there is a menu item at system---video----play back it should be checked ie you are using the device.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:there is a menu item at system---video----play back it should be checked ie you are using the device.

And, it's automagic. If it sees the card, it will select it for you.

ssh in and try

-bash-2.05b$ sudo dmesg|grep crystalhd

should spit out something like...

crystalhd_hw_open: setting up functions, device = Flea
[crystalhd_flea_core_reset]: Starting core reset

Yes, it works with 10.1. You will still probably want to add/use the automated installer script option into launcher via defaults like it says in the first post. Best of luck.
I get this:

Password:
-bash-2.05b$

So even though I see no mention of it in any menus, I will assume that XBMC is finding and using the adapter. Thank you for the command.
Odd. Like he said earlier, you should be able to go to the home screen, then System, Video, Playback and see this:

As you can see, Allow hardware acceleration (CrystalHD) is selected.

also, sudo dmesg|grep BroadcomCrystalHD should also spit out if the device is present or used. I would reboot, attempt to play something HD for a few minutes, and then grep that. It should say something nice and sensible, like BroadcomCrystalHD opened
Thank you for posting that screenshot. At least now I can see what is missing from my XBMC menu.

When I do that command this is what happens:

-bash-2.05b$ sudo dmesg|grep BroadcomCrystalHD
Password:
BroadcomCrystalHD:Confusedtart
BroadcomCrystalHD: Found HW and started driver SW.
BroadcomCrystalHD:Confusedtop
-bash-2.05b$

Today I used Launcher to install the XBMC nightly from 0403 and I tried re-installing the r174 driver. No change. So I installed the r156 driver. No change.

At this point, I am stumped. Would I get the result above if the card were faulty?

I would like to upload logs if someone would agree to assist with this.

Thanks in advance.
Here is more complete command output:

Password:
-bash-2.05b$ sudo dmesg|grep BroadcomCrystalHD
-bash-2.05b$ kextstat | grep crystalhd
65 0 0x2bd02000 0x11000 0x10000 com.broadcom.crystalhd.driver (3.8.1) <5 4 3 2>
-bash-2.05b$
ifreezer Wrote:I have installed the Crystal Broadcom 00015 board in my ATV1. I have XBMC 10.1 installed, with the latest nightly. I downloaded the r174 crystal driver with Launcher and it installed successfully. However, when I look through the menus in XBMC I do not see any mention of the new processor. Am I supposed to see a place in the Settings to enable the accelerator?
Thanks in advance.
I have installed the Crystal Broadcom 00015 board in my ATV1, as well as you!
You must install XBMC 10.1 only !
After installing XBMC Rev: 20110403, Crystal HD board has stopped working.
ifreezer Wrote:I have installed the Crystal Broadcom 00015 board in my ATV1. I have XBMC 10.1 installed, with the latest nightly.

Ah. Our friend above may have caught the problem. You don't have 10.1 installed "with" the latest nightly, it's either or. I try the nightly build about once a week, and I have yet to have one work as good as 10.1. Please go back to the launcher, downloads, and reinstall dharma 10.1.

If this doesn't do the trick, the only thing I can think of is to do a factory restore, and start fresh. I'm sure there's an elegant solution a dev or linux guru could come up with, but you seem to be stuck with me at the moment, and I know just enough to really screw things up. I have a feeling you're running the svn tho. I've got to run off to work, but look up what version is really running and let us know!
You are right.
I reverted to the XBMC 10.1 via Launcher, and the Crystal HD menu choice appeared.
Thank you.
Sure thing. I'm glad I could help.
some for me, but also database no longer usable in 10.1. sucks.
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AppleTV] CrystalHD Driver for XBMC Launcher3