Gapless MP3 playback campaign
Big Grin 
i bet you would get more donations if you where to run a campain for someone to code a way to play mp3's back to back with no gap! i for one would have thier babies!
you are more likely to get someone to code something up for a format that is actually gapless such as flac or ogg (by writing a custom player for audio only)

mp3 can be made gapless through a bunch of hacks.

currently it would require having a large audio cache in xbmc (large enough to stop + reload mplayer with the next song) in order for it to be gapless. this will also mean disconnecting the audio output from mplayer (the audio out devices are setup on mplayer_openfile(), and are destroyed on mplayer_closefile()).

plus, a big buffer causes memory issues (around 10mb/minute) and we'd need at least 2mb i should think to be safe with the mplayer loading system.

it was easy enough to do the gapless playback for the cdda player as i had complete control over the buffers. with mplayer, we'd need to rewrite the output code.

just some suggestions incase someone is thinking of implementing it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Gapless MP3 playback campaign0