[INSTRUCTIONS] (Request!) Main Menu Items
I'm using it as submenu button but need it as main menu button.
TomPiXX Wrote:Can somebody tell me where I have to add code for new items in the default view?
It looks so complicated and I don't want to screw up the skin.

I want to add a "Live-TV" button that opens

Code:
RunPlugin(plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?Live-TV,return)

My instructions on the first page of this thread have it. You should only have to trim out the "plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?Live-TV,return" information of your code above, and plug it in (heh) to a block of code you would copy and paste. So, you're adding a menu item, changing what's there, and assigning an icon. (If you're looking for someone to do that all for you, and send it to you - just ask.)

Wink Laugh Nod
DurhamDev Wrote:My instructions on the first page of this thread have it. You should only have to trim out the "plugin://plugin.program.advanced.launcher/?Live-TV,return" information of your code above, and plug it in (heh) to a block of code you would copy and paste. So, you're adding a menu item, changing what's there, and assigning an icon. (If you're looking for someone to do that all for you, and send it to you - just ask.)

Wink Laugh Nod

If I'm right, you wrote how about adding new item for the home2 (icons menu!?).
But as I wrote, I want to add this to the default menu (home1Huh).
And this seems to be more complicated than just copy & paste. Confused

This is what I want to have:

TomPiXX Wrote:If I'm right, you wrote how about adding new item for the home2 (icons menu!?).
But as I wrote, I want to add this to the default menu (home1Huh).
And this seems to be more complicated than just copy & paste. Confused

This is what I want to have:

I did a "KIDS" menu by replacing around the labels and actions of the settings menu of the default home, since I have settings already bound on the remote and didn't need the menu itself. That wasn't too hard to do and works but is an ugly hack. Ultimately it would be great if there would be an option to create one "custom" main menu item aswell (wishful thinking Smile
I'd like 3 or more custom menu items... Kids, Live TV, etc
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I think, I got it but it's much more effort than I used to think - especially without any help.
The default home view is very complex - that's why I added custom submenus; is it really too much effort to press DOWN?
Hitcher Wrote:The default home view is very complex - that's why I added custom submenus; is it really too much effort to press DOWN?

No, it is not.
But some items didn't fit with the main menus.

So there are main items needed like "Games" oder "Live-TV" or something else.
Without Live-TV my HTPC / XBMC would not be complete and usable (espacially for my wife and kids).

Maybe you could add a "blank" main item so that users could use it as a custom item. Just a thought.
Personally I'd 'Games' to the Apps submenu and 'Live-TV' to the TV Shows submenu.
Hitcher Wrote:Personally I'd 'Games' to the Apps submenu and 'Live-TV' to the TV Shows submenu.

Games - okay - I could handle this.

But "Live-TV" is one of the main and important features here and for the most people.
And - according to the rules of logic - "TV-Shows" is a sub-feature of "Live-TV" and not conversely.

So, I've created a new menu item "Live-TV" with some sub-menu items like
"Recordings", "Guide", "Scheduled recordings" and something else.

"Live-TV" starts dvbviewer and the sub-items the appropriate features of it as long as PVR is not a built-in feature of XBMC.

Maybe I have a special thinking of this but that's the way things are. Wink

TomPiXX Wrote:But "Live-TV" is one of the main and important features here and for the most people. And - according to the rules of logic - "TV-Shows" is a sub-feature of "Live-TV" and not conversely.

Eek

According to the rules of logic? Really?

TomPiXX Wrote:Maybe I have a special thinking of this but that's the way things are. Wink

I'm going to go out on a limb and say, yes. You do have a special thinking.

Wink Nod Laugh
Thanks for your comment Image

Wink Nod
Hitcher Wrote:The default home view is very complex - that's why I added custom submenus; is it really too much effort to press DOWN?

Hitcher... skinners often, and XBMC devs, often forget that XBMC is often used by friends & family of forum users - so we ask for things that make it easier for kids/friends/wives/family members to use.

Having items directly on screen, not hidden, is the best way to have a menu for guests, kids, wives, etc... they don't know, cannot remember, or should not need to be 'taught' to use the UI - it should just be there and seen and usable. Nod
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Livin Wrote:Hitcher... skinners often, and XBMC devs, often forget that XBMC is often used by friends & family of forum users - so we ask for things that make it easier for kids/friends/wives/family members to use.

Having items directly on screen, not hidden, is the best way to have a menu for guests, kids, wives, etc... they don't know, cannot remember, or should not need to be 'taught' to use the UI - it should just be there and seen and usable. Nod

Livin Wrote:Hitcher... skinners often, and XBMC devs, often forget that XBMC is often used by friends & family of forum users - so we ask for things that make it easier for kids/friends/wives/family members to use.

I think that Home customisation via XBMC itself is on the cards so I'll wait and see what happens with that first otherwise it will just get out of hand.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[INSTRUCTIONS] (Request!) Main Menu Items0