[Mac] Disable Subtitles
Hi, I've had a search and can't seem to find an answer...

I understand global subtitle disable isn't possible, so how can I access the OSD to disable subtitles in an MKV?

A pile of mine have subtitles you can turn off in Quicktime+Perian and VLC, that annoyingly turn on by default.

I understand from the documentation that the setting is accessible via OSD but no matter which buttons I press on the Apple Remote, it doesn't come up.

I'm running XBMC on a MacBook in clamshell mode. It's running the latest version of 10.6. I don't really want to have to take it out the AV cabinet, open it up and press some key combination on the keyboard to access the OSD each time!

Thanks in advance Smile
You can globally disable subs. When you have a movie playing, bring up the menu, there should be a button for audio options. Within there you can disable them and there is an option in there to set default for all movies. Voila, subs are disabled by default on all of your files.
I've seen that mentioned.. I'm gonna have to unclamshell ain't I?

*facepalm*

I'll give it a whirl Smile
omfgbunnies Wrote:Hi, I've had a search and can't seem to find an answer...

I understand global subtitle disable isn't possible, so how can I access the OSD to disable subtitles in an MKV?

A pile of mine have subtitles you can turn off in Quicktime+Perian and VLC, that annoyingly turn on by default.

I understand from the documentation that the setting is accessible via OSD but no matter which buttons I press on the Apple Remote, it doesn't come up.

I'm running XBMC on a MacBook in clamshell mode. It's running the latest version of 10.6. I don't really want to have to take it out the AV cabinet, open it up and press some key combination on the keyboard to access the OSD each time!

Thanks in advance Smile

hold "select"(center button) on your remote, it will bring OSD up, click on audio settings and disable subtitles. if you want to disable on all the movies, click on save as default for all movies.

HTH
Zeljko

moving this to appropriate forum section
Mwahah! Awesome thanks. Didn't realise you had to hold play/pause for an eternity.

Mucho thanko!
amet Wrote:hold "select"(center button) on your remote, it will bring OSD up, click on audio settings and disable subtitles. if you want to disable on all the movies, click on save as default for all movies.

HTH
Zeljko

Old bump I know but could we please finally get this subtitle thing fixed. I've seen 2006 and before complaints about this. I mean really, it's awesome to know you CAN hold down the select button for this but that is not even remotely intuitive. There's an entire SYSTEM -> VIDEO -> SUBTITLES menu. How is it that a "Subtitle ON/OFF" option has never made its way onto that menu?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mac] Disable Subtitles0