Connect to external hd via Wlan on startup
I face several problem using my movies, which are stored on an external HD. The HD is connected to my friztbox 7270 router. On start up win7 connects automatic to the networkstorage and via wlan, so that I can use it as a normal storage z: . However, from time to win7 fails to connects to the HD due to the fact that it does not connect fast enough to the wlan and then fails to connect to the hd. The result is, that xbmc (which is in autostart) cannot find the files and therfore ask if I want to delete the files. I also tried to ad the external hd with smb as a source, whoever in this case xbmc only crashes. If I first open the hd via explorer and then trie to play content via xbmc, I face no problem. (so the wlan speed is not the problem)
I know that this problem is not directly related to xbmc, but maybe someone has/had the same problem.

Thanks in advance
Sylus
Solution found in another forum. In case you face the same problem. Create a standart connection via explorer with pw and username. Create a batch file with the following

@echo off
ping -n 40 localhost > nul
if not exist Z: net use Z: \\fritz.box\usbdisk

place the batch in autostart. Due to this the connection will be delayed so the wlan has enough time to connect

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Connect to external hd via Wlan on startup0