[WINDOWS] Help after compilation
Hello,

I try to compile xbmc/branches/pvr for example. The compilation works (no errors but many warning).
I obtain an xbmc.exe. I copy sdl.dll in the folder where there is xbmc.exe.

I launch xbmc, i have the spash screen (1s) and a error message : Runtime Error...

Any ideas.

I have the same error with the branches games, xbmc...
set your XBMC_HOME env var.
What folder i must configure in set env : The folder where i download the source by svn or the folder where i have the .exe.

An other questions : i want to use buildsetup.bat. I must copy many .dll but in what folder.

Sorry, i'm a newbie.

Thanks
XBMC_HOME should point to where you've extracted the source (with the system and userdata directory). this is only needed if you want to debug xbmc.
Otherwise just run buildsetup.bat and install the produced .exe.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
When building, i usually copy the created executable to a fully working directory of an official download. Since i just re-builded the exe i just place the new one in an environment where the new version should also feel comfortable. Can't report any issue doing it like this.

Edit: Since you seem to be on windows, get "Dependency Walker" to find missing libraries ... this will probably show you some issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] Help after compilation0