Motherboard suggestion
I'm about to replace my current setup, and would like to see if someone can reccomend a reasonable motherboard/cpu combination applicable for XBMC Live. My requirements are:
-ATX
-Integrated NVIDIA graphics
-hdmi or dvi
-WOL (from S3) MUST WORK on Linux
-Wake up from USB (from S3) MUST WORK on Linux

As you may understand, performance is not the main issue. I want a stable cheap board that works!

Thanks
alumin Wrote:I'm about to replace my current setup, and would like to see if someone can reccomend a reasonable motherboard/cpu combination applicable for XBMC Live. My requirements are:
-ATX
-Integrated NVIDIA graphics
-hdmi or dvi
-WOL (from S3) MUST WORK on Linux
-Wake up from USB (from S3) MUST WORK on Linux

As you may understand, performance is not the main issue. I want a stable cheap board that works!

Thanks

Why do you need to go with Linux... Yes I know people love it but Windows works just as well.. Personally... I look at what some people buy for this stuff and I cringe.. Whats with this Zotac Atom 1.6 stuff.. No

I live in canada and I buy local in Vancouver and retail I can buy a complete machine for 300 bucks Canadian

http://www.expc.ca/i-10264-EXPC_WSI_6265.html

Now I admit you can do better in hardware but this setup ( I wouldn't pick this case) would run XBMC like billy be damned..
vesarious Wrote:Why do you need to go with Linux... Yes I know people love it but Windows works just as well.. Personally... I look at what some people buy for this stuff and I cringe.. Whats with this Zotac Atom 1.6 stuff.. No

I live in canada and I buy local in Vancouver and retail I can buy a complete machine for 300 bucks Canadian

http://www.expc.ca/i-10264-EXPC_WSI_6265.html

Now I admit you can do better in hardware but this setup ( I wouldn't pick this case) would run XBMC like billy be damned..

I'm currently running both win XP and Ubuntu Minimal with XBMC on the same machine. The latter is more like a set-top-box system. And that is exactly what I want. I want a non-nonsens system with only xbmc running on it. My current setup works great, even with my hardware from the 70's.. The only issues regarding performace is lack of HD support and that it's slooow when browsing pictures. And except the performance: I would like a system that supports S3 and resume from S3. But thanks for the input.
This will please vesarious Wink

Considering your needs I would seriously think about an Asrock Ion 330HT

I'm building a powerful machine but I also bought someone else an asrock ion after seeing its performance I would have been perfectly happy with an asrock

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Motherboard suggestion0