Crystal HD and SD Content stuttering
bluewings777 Wrote:Sorry, but my orginal Thread remains without answer !

If CrystalDriver render method works only on HD content, why i have stuttering on SD material ?

Thanks

Well, until you take the time to post (http://www.pastebin.com) xbmc.log, you will continue to have stuttering on SD material. Smile

I only mentioned xbmc.log and pastebin about a million times in this thread and if the light bulb does not turn on, there's not much anyone can do to help.
bluewings777 Wrote:Sorry, but my orginal Thread remains without answer !

If CrystalDriver render method works only on HD content, why i have stuttering on SD material ?

Thanks

Crystal decodes any AVC/X264 even SD
interceptor121 Wrote:Crystal decodes any AVC/X264 even SD

What the card can technically decode and what XBMC actually uses the card to decode are two different things. Don't get them confused.
davilla Wrote:Well, until you take the time to post (http://www.pastebin.com) xbmc.log, you will continue to have stuttering on SD material. Smile

I only mentioned xbmc.log and pastebin about a million times in this thread and if the light bulb does not turn on, there's not much anyone can do to help.

I also have the same problem on all SD material (stuttering). When I get home I'll post logs from the 9.11 release and the current SVN. I can replicate the problem with the SVNs every time.
Olethros Wrote:What the card can technically decode and what XBMC actually uses the card to decode are two different things. Don't get them confused.
Who told you that XBMC makes a choice based on resolution as opposed to codec?
interceptor121 Wrote:Who told you that XBMC makes a choice based on resolution as opposed to codec?

Nobody told me that, that response was written in haste, I apologise.

I can read the XBMC log files, the decision process is definitely made based on codec.
see http://trac.xbmc.org/browser/trunk/xbmc/...yCodec.cpp

lines 129 to 145. that's what is used to match video content to CrystalHD. Note "CODEC_ID_H264" is h.264 part 10.
FWIW I am having exactly the same issue. I have turned the render method from cystal HD because it was making bbc iplayer all knackered. I switched it to 'software' but have also tried 'auto' and in both instances standard def stuff is stuttering all over the show.

Sigh.
The best work around is to install back 9.11 through launcher
garyi Wrote:FWIW I am having exactly the same issue. I have turned the render method from cystal HD because it was making bbc iplayer all knackered. I switched it to 'software' but have also tried 'auto' and in both instances standard def stuff is stuttering all over the show.

Sigh.

ARB rendering if you want to play without crystalhd decode assistance. Software is going to be dog slow, Auto will pick crystalhd as the default if present.
iPlayer content at 3200 kbs SD actually does not drop frames even with Software renderer
However HD content will go to miserable 15 fps even with ARB without crystalHD
anyway someone can get me a sample (50-100MBs) of iPlayer content, I'm not in the UK so no iPlayer games for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crystal HD and SD Content stuttering0