• 7(current)
XBMC-Live Install script. For Minimal Unbuntu Install
JoeSchmo Wrote:2) Sometimes when you un-pause a video, it instantly re-pauses (this only happens once, ie if you un-pause again the video continues fine). This happens intermittently and on all three machines.

Oh and this happens to me to on my pre 10.05 linux htpc with a RC6 MCE receivcer... Also sometimes a button will get stuck down and I have to press it again to stop it. I noticed this happening with my Xbox too so I think it could be a remote issue. Im using a Harmony 515.
teeedubb Wrote:Oh and this happens to me to on my pre 10.05 linux htpc with a RC6 MCE receivcer... Also sometimes a button will get stuck down and I have to press it again to stop it. I noticed this happening with my Xbox too so I think it could be a remote issue. Im using a Harmony 515.

I found a fix for the double pause here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73402
ClayM Wrote:I found a fix for the double pause here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=73402

It doesnt completely fix it but after applying the changes to advancedsettings.xml the issue occurs alot less.
Script worked like a champ on my Zotac Mag. I am 100% pleased with how its running. I noticed XBMC is R26018. Whats the best way to update it? Should I use the script, if so what option?
thanks! this script is the best

would be even better if it had built in xbox360 controller support Wink
Hello,

I have used the xci installer to install xbmc on my ubuntu 9.10 minimal
install!

Then i used the xci installer(1.0953) to activate hdmi-audio --> worked!

Then i want to activate "HDMI and optical Output", xbmc was doing something
but i hear no audio through hdmi and optical when i hear music!

But when i started a 5.1 Movie i had audio through optical.

How can i get HDMI and optical working together properly?
therealwakka Wrote:Hello,

I have used the xci installer to install xbmc on my ubuntu 9.10 minimal
install!

Then i used the xci installer(1.0953) to activate hdmi-audio --> worked!

Then i want to activate "HDMI and optical Output", xbmc was doing something
but i hear no audio through hdmi and optical when i hear music!

But when i started a 5.1 Movie i had audio through optical.

How can i get HDMI and optical working together properly?
I think i might have some HDMI/optical issues too, can't test now but will let you know in the next day or 2

anway, GREAT script .. instead of copying pasting alot of commands to setup my box i just did this and it worked great .. nice job Smile

only 2 things i would love to see added would be lucid lynx support .. and xbox360 controller support in the remote sections

keep up the great work x3
okay .. so i did "Enable HDMI & Optical Audio" .. when xbmc starts up .. i don't get the startup sound .. nor do i get skin's nav sounds .. and when i started up a movie i got no audio and xbmc through up a message .. failed to initialize sound

umm ... don't know how relevent this is but during install i told the script to use that "special" also instead of the default karmic one .. also, at the moment i'm connected to my tv via HDMI for both audio & video .. tomorrow i'm gonna move the box to another tv where i prefer to hook up the htpc via hdmi to tv for video and optical to receiver for audio thats why i want this to work Smile

-----

Just did the "Enable HDMI audio" .. it restarted xbmc .. i got startup sound, nav sounds, and sounds during video playback .. however as i noted above, i REALLY would prefer to get the sound pumping out via the optical, not the hdmi
pletopia,

I had the same problem with 1.09. Try any older revision until 1.08. They all works.

Cheers.
Fireman, thx for the info
anyone know how i could get an older version of the script ?? i looked on sourceforge and all i found was the latest 1.09 beta
I just want to thank you for this great install-script. Nod
Installing XBMC on Unbuntu Systems is now easy,simple and very fast!!

Thank you,thank you, thank you!!!!!!
pletopia Wrote:anyone know how i could get an older version of the script ?? i looked on sourceforge and all i found was the latest 1.09 beta

Hi,

get it here: http://www.4shared.com/file/VpckcCT7/xci108.html

Remember to use the 1.09 to reset audio output before use the 1.08.

Cheers.
Released beta 1.0960 contains added support for lucid lynx untested as of yet. (this script is not meant to be used with full desktop nor will it ever support it)

This file is not available as a update yet please keep your 1.0953 release as a backup

1.0953 contains many improvements like 5.1+ audio, 256 drivers, sabnzbd+, vsftpd FTP server, Asrock HT/BD kernel remote fix, these have been added to lucid support and jaunty support has been dropped.

You can grab the new file here

support questions along with logs and relevant info are best directed to XCI Support forums

Regards

P.S.

andy has been MIA for a few months now, I am looking for a repository (ppa) packager, a bash scripter and a document writer to join forces and help better the delivery methods of script.
Thanks X3lectric!

Good to know that you guys are keeping the great work! Is time to move from 2.6.31 (karmic) to 2.6.32 (lucid)...

Cheers.
  • 7(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC-Live Install script. For Minimal Unbuntu Install0