XBMC Complete Installer (XCI)
Due to our needs to have improve support, which we feel is important.
it has been decided that any further updates and support for script shall be handled externaly from now on.
We apologise for any inconviniece and are looking forward to show you guys new script versions with more added features, which have been requested in past...
Please visit the SF Project blog
Or for support visit
Users are advised that registration/login with sourceforge may be necessary in order to take advantage of the forums we have now set up.
We invite all new and old XCI (XBMC Complete Installer) users to join us and continue to provide support, helping project grow.
We have positions available within our project please contact us via sourceforge for more information.
Please find below a list of what is supported
- Support for SSH mouse navigation
- Installs XBMC (stable, svn ppa, compiles from svn & installs)
- Installs nVidia drivers & configures VDPAU
- Allows you to change/upgrade the Video Driver Version at later date
- Installs Alsa sound and configures sound levels
- Installs/configures XBMC boot screens
- Configures bootscreen's Resolution
- Setup 1080p @ 23.976Mz (1.09 beta)
- Setup for AT3N7A-I Bluetooth Dongle (1.09 beta)
- Installs ASRock HT/BD Remote CIR Drivers (32Bit/64Bit auto detection & support)
- Installs/configures MCE Remote Controler & USB receiver
- Installs BT remote (PS3) V1.09beta
- Configures Resume and suspend on Remot
- Setup XBMC for use with SVN PPA (compatible with XBMC Aptitude script)
- Setup Build Environment for SVN Download. (Builds & Installs from SVN also Allows SVN updating)
- Script update - latest version notification (requires user input)
- BluRay Playback (Install support)
- Script Support (uploads your install logs and XBMC logs for troubleshooting
- Progress bars wherever supported
- Backup & Restore Option (mounts shares based on sources.xml and uses rsync)
- Screen Curruption fixes
- Handles install of drivers confining them to specific machines (compatibility)
- Installs SVN Repo Installer (used for downloading of new plugins & scripts)
- Revert from SVN builds to stable
Minimal Karmic 32/64bit
How-to perform the recommended install
How to grab script
sudo wget http://sourceforge.net/projects/xci/files/Release/xci.sh/download
sudo chmod +x xci.sh; sudo ./xci.sh
Machine compatibility List:
Asrock 330 - HT/BD/PRO
Zotac ionitx-a-u / Mag
Acer Revo - 1600 / 3600 / 3610
Various PC's nvidia gfx based - Please make sensible use of script on these platforms. GFX support starts with nvidia 185 your card must be supported with these drivers.
Thats all folks
Andy & X3