Content Scanning Issue - Freezing
1. "Latest" is NOT a revision, of ANYTHING! (See below)
2. Windows Version + patch level (eg. WinXP SP3 / Vista SP1 / Windows ME (are you mental ?! etc.)
Windows 7 Ultimate, fully patched

3. CPU/Architecture (make/model and eg. 32 or 64 bit.)
Intel Pentium M 1.8GHz 32bit

4. RAM amount (1 GB, 512MB etc.)
1GB

8. XBMC Revision (eg. 8.10 Atlantis or SVN 16733)
XBMC for Windows 9.11

9. Detailed Instructions to Reproduce the Problem (The more specific the better.)
On a fresh install of XBMC on my laptop, over wireless g network and over a
windows smb share with read-only access I am having a problem where once the scanning starts, it stops/freezes after one file. This happens for both TV shows and movies. One episode or movie will be added to the library only and the progress indicator at the top does not update. IMDB information for that single show/movie such as plot outline and rating are updated but no images are downloaded. If I shut down and restart XBMC, it will scan for new content again (I have it set to scan on startup) and it will index one addition tv show or movie.

To further clarify, right now I have only one folder set with content. Recursive is turned on and automatically scan for updates is turned on. When I start XBMC it spends 30-40 seconds scanning for new content (there is 500GB of Movies in this particular folder) and then it will proceed to index the next movie in the list - I've restarted it 5 or 6 times trying to troubleshoot so I've got maybe 5 movies in my library, no pictures/posters to go along with them though.. just IMDB ratings and plot outlines.

I'm using the default skin Confluence. The indicator at the top right of the screen which shows the current video which it is indexing just hangs on whichever movie it indexed first.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!!

UPDATE: While writing this, I noticed that it did start to proceed but it is still not working properly, images are not being pulled. Something is still definitely wrong. I see issues in the log but I'm not sure what I'm looking at.

10. FULL Debug Log (Please use your favorite paste site! See below.) << NOT OPTIONAL !

My xbmc.log (with debug turned on) can be found here:
http://johnmaiurro.mysites.com/-2010-week-06

Thanks!!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Content Scanning Issue - Freezing0