Delete FILE in Library Mode
Is there a way to extend the context menu in library mode so I'm able to delete files not only from the library but also the file from my nas ?
I know it's possible in file mode - but in file mode I do not see my whole library with dupes in different directories...
You should be able to delete files from library, if you rightclick, and choose remove from library. You will then have a choice to delete the files also.
Thanks ! Will try that - would be great and another proof that xbmc is way ahaed of everything else!
HowlinPsycho Wrote:You should be able to delete files from library, if you rightclick, and choose remove from library. You will then have a choice to delete the files also.

But it only delete the video file itself, not its directory and all files in it.

I had all my movies, each in its own directory. How can i delete a directory from library?
Does anyone know how to delete a file that was uploaded to the Files section?
to get to files, at the left, see User Menu, My Files
hi,

i am also looking for a solution to delete a movie and its complete directory directly out of the library. is this possible in any way?

nicx...
Currently no, it will only delete the file itself.
is this feature planned in a future release?
likely not
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
bad news... is there any known workaround like a automated background script or something else?

nicx...
I'm also looking for solution to this problem,
surprised that this is not requested by more people.
How do you remove titles that are no longer wanted
and keep you collection organised ?
MyMovies offers this ( and it will ask you if you want
to remove title from the database or source file as well)
If you have file deletion enabled (settings->Appearance->File Lists or thereabouts) then you'll be prompted on removal from the library.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

You just made my day ! - THANKSSmile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Delete FILE in Library Mode1