Installing a new skin on Apple TV.
I know this must have been asked a million times but I searched and am still lost.
Is there a guide to installing skins.
I like the Aeon skin, would like to install it on the Apple TV.
I know about WinSCP so once I have the files I can copy them to the ATV.
Please help me Huh
google -> install skin xbmc -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_insta...ns_in_XBMC Confused
Vero 4k+ | OSMC Kodi 19.1
Sony KD-65A1
Bobby Blixberg Wrote:google -> install skin xbmc -> http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=HOW-TO_insta...ns_in_XBMC Confused
I've looked at that page but am still confused.
Presumably to install a skin I need a set of files to copy to the Apple TV.
Is this correct? If so, where can I find that set of files together with installation instructions for the Aeon theme?
Or am I wrong?
I'm still lost. Huh
Go to the skin help/support@
http://forum.xbmc.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=67

Select Aeon.
AppleTV 3.0.2, iMac 10.6.2, Launcher 3.2.4, (AppleTV Installed with Launcher), SVN: XBMC 9.11 (R26018).
Thanks for trying to help.
I'm still confused though. I was hoping that somewhere there would be a step-by-step guide on how to install. Apparently not.
Anyway I'll make do with the 2 skins already installed - they look OK.
...or you can just use the SVNRepo and install the new ones...
D-tyme Wrote:...or you can just use the SVNRepo and install the new ones...
How do I do that?
I find it amazing that this is so difficult to achieve.
Surely somewhere there's a "download" button to press which does the job.
This is what is done to install, for example, Open Office which must be a thousand times more complex than a skin.
Or even the thousands of Firefox add-ins which are simply installed with one click.
Or is XBMC deliberately not easily accessible?
I'm speaking as someone who has slightly nerdish tendencies and would like to explore the possibilities of XBMC/Boxee. My lack of knowledge of gits and SVrepo, or whatever, seems to exclude me from further investigation however.
Oh well, I'm happy enough with the existing skin.
Its not a matter of it not being easy to achieve, its a matter of it not being easy for you. If you just took time to explore XBMC you would run into the SVNRepo by accident. From there, things just become apparent.

That said...

Programs > Program Plugins > SVN Repo Installer > xbmc-xbox-skins

Consider your hand held...
D-tyme Wrote:Its not a matter of it not being easy to achieve, its a matter of it not being easy for you. If you just took time to explore XBMC you would run into the SVNRepo by accident. From there, things just become apparent.

That said...

Programs > Program Plugins > SVN Repo Installer > xbmc-xbox-skins

Consider your hand held...
I'll have another look tonight.
I assume you are saying that it is easy to achieve for most people but that I must be stupid.
I have explored XBMC and discovered SVNRepo and Googled it but still do not know what to do with it.
I appreciate your assistance particularly as you obviously consider me to be intellectually inferior.
racey Wrote:I know about WinSCP so once I have the files I can copy them to the ATV.

easy way so you don't need to get confused with the SVN Installer...

1) go here: http://github.com/djh/aeon/tree/auriga
2) click on "download source" on the top right, and choose .zip and save that to your desktop or someplace you'll remember
3) once download is complete, extract the file and you should have a folder called Aeon or something along the lines...
4) log on to your appletv using WinSCP and the frontrow/frontrow login and password
5) go to this folder: /frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin
you should see the default skins in there
6) copy the Aeon skin from your computer to that folder
7) once complete, run xbmc on your appletv, and go to the "system" option on the menu, then choose "appearance" and where it says skin, just click through them till you see Aeon... wait a couple seconds and it'll switch over...
Raider Wrote:easy way so you don't need to get confused with the SVN Installer...

1) go here: http://github.com/djh/aeon/tree/auriga
2) click on "download source" on the top right, and choose .zip and save that to your desktop or someplace you'll remember
3) once download is complete, extract the file and you should have a folder called Aeon or something along the lines...
4) log on to your appletv using WinSCP and the frontrow/frontrow login and password
5) go to this folder: /frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/skin
you should see the default skins in there
6) copy the Aeon skin from your computer to that folder
7) once complete, run xbmc on your appletv, and go to the "system" option on the menu, then choose "appearance" and where it says skin, just click through them till you see Aeon... wait a couple seconds and it'll switch over...
Brilliant.Nod That's exactly the step-by-step guide I need. Many thanks.
Unfortunately when I select the skin I get the message "Incompatible skin. We require skins of 2.10 or higher".
Any ideas?
racey Wrote:I'll have another look tonight.
I assume you are saying that it is easy to achieve for most people but that I must be stupid.
I have explored XBMC and discovered SVNRepo and Googled it but still do not know what to do with it.
I appreciate your assistance particularly as you obviously consider me to be intellectually inferior.

1. You know what happens when you "assume"
2. If you saw SVNRepo then why not click on it? Then you would have at least saw "skins." Then just let your curiosity lead you...
3. For some reason you're taking this personal. I know not of your intellectual state, but even Einstein had trouble tying his shoes...
D-tyme Wrote:If you saw SVNRepo then why not click on it? Then you would have at least saw "skins." Then just let your curiosity lead you...
Found SVNRepo and installed a couple of skins -Alaska and Aeon lite. This was exactly the simple method I was looking for. Thanks for your patience.
After all the trouble I preferred the skin I was already using -PM3.HD. Typical!
Anyway there's another 16 skins to try with SVNRepo. Laugh
Exclamation 
racey Wrote:Found SVNRepo and installed a couple of skins -Alaska and Aeon lite. This was exactly the simple method I was looking for. Thanks for your patience.
After all the trouble I preferred the skin I was already using -PM3.HD. Typical!
Anyway there's another 16 skins to try with SVNRepo. Laugh

For me SVNRepo most of the skins it showed it showed as INCOMPATIBLE. Only 3/4 were not marked incompatible. Whats the deal here?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Installing a new skin on Apple TV.0