why is aeon still in the skins section
Sad 
and why does it still have comming soon on the change log page

oh i used to love this aeon, but soon after it got some buzz it died like any other ANY other open source thing out there...

somehow i think the world isn't ready for open source, every thing released gets 20 new branches with all kinds of different things and 10 times more bugs in it...

but none of em ever gets finished,

and information is left there misleading others...
aeon is totally not under development anymore except for a few brave souls here trying to keep it alive, but each of em having its own version that will probably never be put together in the end.

yet still its number 1 skin on the skins page, with comming soon info on it
giving people false hope...

why do i bother posting here...
i don't know, you tell me...
over and out.
I'm sure there's a support group you could be part of... ...somewhere...

Rolleyes
because it's still very popular ?

Saelfaer Wrote:and why does it still have comming soon on the change log page

oh i used to love this aeon, but soon after it got some buzz it died like any other ANY other open source thing out there...

somehow i think the world isn't ready for open source, every thing released gets 20 new branches with all kinds of different things and 10 times more bugs in it...

but none of em ever gets finished,

there's no such thing as a finished skin.
new features are added to xbmc all of the time and skins have to try to keep up with the xbmc development.
besides, there's a lot of creativity going on in the xbmc community, users regulary come up with neat new ideas to add some extra functionality to the skin.
it's an ongoing process...

Saelfaer Wrote:and information is left there misleading others...
aeon is totally not under development anymore

not sure where you got that info, but i beg to differ.
there's quite a few people who, without a doubt, are working daily in their own spare time on improving Aeon in every way they can.

Saelfaer Wrote:except for a few brave souls here trying to keep it alive,

name one skin that isn't being developed by just 'a few brave souls'.
creating/maintaining a skin is pretty much a one man's job in most cases.

Saelfaer Wrote:but each of em having its own version that will probably never be put together in the end.

yet still its number 1 skin on the skins page,

did it ever occur that perhaps the skins are listed alphabetically?

Saelfaer Wrote:with comming soon info on it
giving people false hope...

the 'coming soon bit' just refers to the changelog...not to a 'finished' version of the skin.

Saelfaer Wrote:why do i bother posting here...

me neither, you'd better spent better your time in helping out fixing all those Aeon bugs you're suffering from, instead of writing up this piece of non constructive criticism.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
sad to read this, for all developpers / skinners that spend time for others.

Quote:why do i bother posting here...
over and out.

And why do we bother trying to bring people things they want ?
Saelfaer Wrote:...but soon after it got some buzz it died like any other ANY other open source thing out there...

Yeah, just like that open source XBMC thingy that died. I really used to like that. Rolleyes

(Sorry for feeding the trolls)
FLOSS opinions aside: it would be beneficial for XBMC and the Aeon community to update that part of the site to list all the awesome Aeon mods out there, especially since Aeon has evolved so much since Stark.

Two year old information for a skin that officially is no longer supported and isn't even compatible with the latest XBMC version doesn't help anyone.
I dont think so, that would ruin the overview, since there are so many mods in every skin section.
Its still impossible to list them all. Furthermore there are more to come.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
why is aeon still in the skins section0