Updating TV Library Keeps Adding "Al TV"!?
I have never had any episodes of Al TV, but for some reason 14 of my many TV files are being mistakenly added as "Al TV"

Can anyone help me get it sorted?

The shows that are mistakenly added are all named the same as those that are correctly identified, but if it helps they are episodes of Brass Eye, and That Mitchel and Webb Look.

W:\TV\Brass Eye\Season 1\Brass.Eye.S01E01.avi

W:\TV\That Mitchel And Webb Look\Season 1\That.Mitchell.and.Webb.Look.S01E01.avi

Thanks in advance for any help.

TD
log.

the forums didn't take long to settle. i feel like a bot again.
Sorry!

Is this what you need?

http://pastebin.com/mYRbLi3S
possibly. that paste is empty. i need a DEBUG log of you performing a scan of those problematic files as described in the link in my signature.
Updated the Pastebin link.
each subdirectory of the directory you set the contents to tvshows on is consider a separate show. in your case, it seems you have set the content on the smb://barry:********@Barry-PC/~~TV-SHARES~~/

this makes your
smb://barry:********@Barry-PC/~~TV-SHARES~~/HDTV/
to be considered as a tvshow leading to the weirdo entries you see.

solution;
1) ditch your filesystem sorting
or
2) set the contents on each of those subfolders of TV-SHARES separately.

finally, how on earth can you live with all that garbage in your directory names? ;P
Thanks very much for your help. It's strange how it does effect all of my shows, and not even all of my Brass Eye or TMAWL shows.

I think I'll try solution 2.

Thanks again.
I have tried Solution 2 to no avail.

I have created 2 separate shares:

smb://barry:********@Barry-PC/~~TV-SHARES~~/HDTV/

and

smb://barry:********@Barry-PC/~~TV-SHARES~~/TV/

and have set the content of both to scrape from TVDB

But Al TV still pops up.
hmm, only thing i can think of is that you didn't remove the old settings. hence they are still intact and can possibly take precedence.
ive had this problem in the past, I had to just delete the library and start over
The only Shares I have are the 2 I quoted above and a Movie one which is:

smb://barry:********@Barry-PC/~~MOVIE-SHARES~~

How do I delete the library, and start again?
on whatever your running xbmc on, find the MyVideos34.db file, usually in the userdata\database folder.

then rename or delete it
I too had this problem before. Not sure what setting got stuck but I had to remove all sources and delete the database.
It's sorted now, so either deleting the database and starting again, sharing the 2 folders I keep TV Shows in differently, or a combination of the two has sorted the problem.
Holy hell this error was making me want to punch babies. Removing all sources and deleting the DB did it for me - but it seems to come back every now and then.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updating TV Library Keeps Adding "Al TV"!?0