• 295(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2014-11-25, 22:12)bilalsbz Wrote:
(2014-11-09, 19:17)bilalsbz Wrote: could any one help me with this problem ,when i launch some rom the xbmc doesn't suspend ,this issue just hapen with some skins like aeon mq5 which is my favorite skin here are some image
this is with aeon mq5 skin
and this is with the default skin
see the deference in cpu usage, please help me with this issue

no one knows why i'm having this problem Huh

Have you enabled 'solo mode' for that particular rom collection?
(2014-11-25, 22:16)teeedubb Wrote:
(2014-11-25, 22:12)bilalsbz Wrote:
(2014-11-09, 19:17)bilalsbz Wrote: could any one help me with this problem ,when i launch some rom the xbmc doesn't suspend ,this issue just hapen with some skins like aeon mq5 which is my favorite skin here are some image
this is with aeon mq5 skin
and this is with the default skin
see the deference in cpu usage, please help me with this issue

no one knows why i'm having this problem Huh

Have you enabled 'solo mode' for that particular rom collection?

yes but it's not the same ,i just have this issue with aeon mq5 ,with aeon nox5 and experience 1080 works well without problems ,but i like aeon mq5 for me is the best skin help me please if you can.
Tried from scratch rom collection browser with latest kodi (beta5) and I can't import games or anything. Guess some change in kodi broke it.
log file: http://www.weboteka.net/kodi/kodi.log
(2014-06-30, 06:11)malte Wrote:
rlaursen Wrote:Another issue I see is that when using Aeon Nox skin with confluence thumbnail view mode there is what looks like menu categories "console genre year publisher a-z" in white text stuck on the background not part of the menu or anything. This goes away once you change your xbmc skin to confluence but I am using Nox. Am I able to remove this in one of the text files?
I can reproduce this issue. Still have to check why this is happening.

I was able to fix this by editing C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\RCB_SKIN_NAME\720p

I changed each label element's posy from 20 to -670

For example:

<!-- Console filter -->
<control type="label">
<description>Consoles</description>
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>-670</posy>
<width>200</width>
<align>center</align>
<textcolor>FF000000</textcolor>
<label>$ADDON[script.games.rom.collection.browser 32406]</label>
</control>

Probably not the "correct" fix but it works. Hope this helps someone.
(2014-11-27, 09:17)trimalchio Wrote:
(2014-06-30, 06:11)malte Wrote:
rlaursen Wrote:Another issue I see is that when using Aeon Nox skin with confluence thumbnail view mode there is what looks like menu categories "console genre year publisher a-z" in white text stuck on the background not part of the menu or anything. This goes away once you change your xbmc skin to confluence but I am using Nox. Am I able to remove this in one of the text files?
I can reproduce this issue. Still have to check why this is happening.

I was able to fix this by editing C:\Users\USER_NAME\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\RCB_SKIN_NAME\720p

I changed each label element's posy from 20 to -670

For example:

<!-- Console filter -->
<control type="label">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>-670</posy>
<width>200</width>
<align>center</align>
</control>

Probably not the "correct" fix but it works. Hope this helps someone.

Hi thank you for this tips. I use it on openelec+rcb and it's works.
I have changed as you say this:

<!-- Console filter -->
<control type="label">
<posx>0</posx>
<posy>-670</posy>
<width>200</width>
<align>center</align>
</control>

the "console" is now at the right place. thank you.

is it possible to show us where are the another element "genre, year, publisher, a-z" in the xml file to make the same tip?
thank you for your help it's very helpful
regards
(2014-11-25, 18:12)9colai Wrote: I'm having problems with RCB. When i enter the add-on, sometimes it starts with updating the list, it takes approximately 2-3 seconds. When it does that, it freezes almost every second time? Sometimes, RCB also freezes when i'm done playing and i close the game to return to xbmc. I have to force exit xbmc og force it to shit down, when it happens.

Is it a known problem? Or is it just my configuration? Can anybody help me, and what info do you need?

I'm running on the latest XBMC (Gotham 31.2), on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS.

my debug xbmc.log is:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/9235934/

Regards
Nicolai

Doesn't anybody know anything about this problem? I have tried everything i could to solve the issue without any luck? Undecided
Just a quick sign of life: I am really sorry to leave you alone with your requests and issues these days and I want to thank everyone who is stepping in to help out.

I hope that I will be back at the beginning of next year and want to be around more regularly again.

Cheers,
Malte
Hey Malte, good to see you're still around Smile
I just loaded up RCB on KODI RC2 and configured a snes rom collection using snes9x on linux (ElementaryOS Luna) which is working, however once i go into RCB and press c to edit settings the is a bunch of text missing on the screen.

I am using the default skin that comes with XBMC.

Has anyone else had this issue?
i have 4 complete usa system of genesis/n64/snes/nes i was wondering if somebody could upload a zip file with all of them allready scraped so i wont have to go thru the long process of scraping & just add manually or could i use a hyperspin collection i do c those often
Hey Malte,

at first: big thanks for your awesome plugin !

I've just got a quick question: is there some detailed/official info
about which skins natively support (ignoring the retroplayer branch) your plugin ?

I've been looking on your official sources:

https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbrowser/

https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionbrowser/wiki/FAQ

https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionb...lcome?tm=6

But either was I to blind to see, or the info (if available) must be hidden very well ^^

By testing out almost all skins it seems that only those three have native / built in support:

- Aeon Nox

- Aeon MQ5

- Maximinimalism

Could you verify this ?
Oh malte, I have been meaning to inform you of something, but I wanted to test it out first. A user of my Steam Launcher addon, Lord_Gaav, ponited out that adding close_fds=True to the subprocess.Popen command will prevent the 'unable to start the webserver' error in linux and as a bonus the "CApplication:: create() failed" error in windows (thus negating the need for the vb script) while using 'Solo mode'. This option closes all file descriptors (and in effect ports) when it forks the subprocess. Eg:

subprocess.Popen(cmd, shell=True, close_fds=True)
With Kodi RC2 you can't open Rom Manager at all from favorites or short cuts. The only way is through the programs list.

Any fixes for this?
Hello,

Could someone help me please?

When I select a game to play from RCB, it opens the MD.emu emulator to the home "Load Game Page" at which I select load game again. Is there anything I can change/edit to make it load the Rom and play directly?

I have a Minix Neo 8-H Rooted
The applaunch.sh & launcher.py are default I did not change this.

Thanks in advance!
Hi,

@ Zacharybinx34,

same problem, can't start RCB in favorites or with any shortcuts.

no solution found at this moment

Anyone helps ?
Thanks
  • 295(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20