• 312(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Manicfof Wrote:Can someone please help. I have kodi installed on my fire TV and have some NES roms in there and installed RCB 2.1.1 after i choose the platform it doesn't give me an option to select the emulator path. After i choose platform it goes to Auto Config Emulators. I have gone this way and all the games load but when i click to play one nothing happens. Everywear i look it says that after the platform part it tells you to find the emulator path. What gives?. Kinda new at this.
On Android devices it is ok that it does not ask for emulators. What error do you get when you try to launch the game? (Have a look at the log file)

zbuzanic Wrote:Hi, I have one request. Can you make and option to disable Filter and View Option when browsing games?
My kids often press left / right on gamepads and then they turn on filter or change view and stuck at blank screen
This feature will be useful when there is a start page with platform selection. Otherwise you would be limited to one rom collection and always have to turn the filters on and off.

zbuzanic Wrote:Also, when I switch to Desktop for a longer time and go back to Kodi/RCB my screen looks like this:

http://www.weboteka.net/kodi/rcb_blank.jpg
This is a known issue and unfortunately I can't solve it.

ZincBell Wrote:Slightly confused about games with multiple images. For example Final Fantasy VII_Disc1.iso, I go to import the games into my collection with the Disk indicator set to "_Disc.*" Game imports fine, however when i go to start it with retroarch it doesn't give me the option to select which disk to start and starts with disc 1, what am i doing wrong here?
Try the disk indicator that geopgin suggested or this one: "_Disc*."

ZincBell Wrote:I am on Kodi 14.1, using Rom Collection Browser on an Android TV box. I downloaded the playstation emulator from the App Store and the bios. I was able to open it and play games on it. When I tried to add it to RCB, I can choose it from the list, but immediately get an error (nonetype' object is not iterable). Has anyone had this issue?
Can you show me your log file?

ldavet Wrote:Thanks, I usually go for the stable versions instead of the more recent betas, which is probably a mistake since the latest versions are probably better.
Test releases are quite stable atm. I just want to wipe out the last remaining kodi compatibility issues and declare the current release as stable.

nyny77 Wrote:the button "Save config" is disable..( 2.1.2) (Gotham 13.2)
Working for me on gotham and helix. Can you go into detail? What dialog, what are you trying to do?

nalias Wrote:Sucess! I now have zip files with the rom files in the 'root' ..

I got the following error when launching now:
Looks like there is still a folder Alcahest in your zip file.
Code:
Error Contents: (22, "invalid mode ('wb') or filename", 'V:\\Kodi\\portable_data\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.games.rom.collection.brow?ser\\tmp\\extracted\\Alcahest/')
(2015-03-02, 09:38)malte Wrote: Looks like there is still a folder Alcahest in your zip file.
Code:
Error Contents: (22, "invalid mode ('wb') or filename", 'V:\\Kodi\\portable_data\\userdata\\addon_data\\script.games.rom.collection.brow?ser\\tmp\\extracted\\Alcahest/')

Yea, I ended up updating the archives instead, so there is the rom files on their own, and the folder, the folder needs to go away completely eh, dam.. i hoped it would be ok so long as i wsnt selecting a rom inside that container.. ill switch the script around a bit and try again without updating.

EDIT/UPDATE

Success - that has got it.
(2015-03-02, 09:38)malte Wrote:
Manicfof Wrote:Can someone please help. I have kodi installed on my fire TV and have some NES roms in there and installed RCB 2.1.1 after i choose the platform it doesn't give me an option to select the emulator path. After i choose platform it goes to Auto Config Emulators. I have gone this way and all the games load but when i click to play one nothing happens. Everywear i look it says that after the platform part it tells you to find the emulator path. What gives?. Kinda new at this.
On Android devices it is ok that it does not ask for emulators. What error do you get when you try to launch the game? (Have a look at the log file)

It doesn't give me any error. It just doesn't play the game at all.. I just stays there doing nothing. Any ideas? Would the log file tell me whats wrong? If so were is the log file? Do i have to install anything else? I just have RCB and the Roms.
Here is a guide how to find and upload the log file.
(2015-03-03, 06:59)malte Wrote: Here is a guide how to find and upload the log file.

Ill upload log file but like i said it doesn't give me no errors it just doesnt play. Do you think it has something to do with me using SPMC?
Can someone explain something to me please...

If you have all 'boxfront' artwork for roms in a folder...and then remove that folder so the artwork is no longer there...then 'Rescrape' locally... How can RCB still display the artwork that used to be there but has been removed? Where else does it store it other than the 'boxart' folder in the 'roms' folder?

Is it in XBMC > userdata > Thumbnails?
WOW!

After having problem after problem with 'Rescraping' local artwork and noticing that if I removed the artwork folders completely they were still displayed by xbmc/RCB, I figured the artwork must be being copied and stored elsewhere on my PC so I did a bit of hunting!!

I found multiple copies of images all over my machine. Not only that, I found various images with the same file names! How does that work!? I'm not surprised RCB doesn't rescrape locally correctly, it hasn't got a clue what to display!

C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails ...

....had multiple images with identical names. It seems that if you decide you want to change your current artwork with new artwork and rescrape locally to update it, then another file is whisked off to the depths of your PC and given the exact same name!

C:/Program Files/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails ...

....also had the same duplicate files and/or file names.

I've deleted them all for one console (Sega Genesis) one by one and now going to try and rescrape my new artwork again and see if that fixes things!

I hope someone knows an easier way of doing this??....I've got another three systems with messed up artwork at the minute! Why can't RCB just read whatever you put in the 'boxfront' folder!??
Try Texture Cache Maintenance Utility.
sennerz Wrote:Why can't RCB just read whatever you put in the 'boxfront' folder!??
RCB does. But then it tells Kodi to display the image and Kodi uses a local cache for all of its images. I am not into it but I am quite sure it does so for a reason Smile.
(2015-03-04, 02:47)teeedubb Wrote: Try Texture Cache Maintenance Utility.

Thanks teeedubb, reading the wiki, it looks a bit complicated to use!
I've cleared out 1600+ boxfront images from Thumbnails.

I've checked all the games in XBMC/RCB and none are displaying Boxfronts which is what I had hoped for.

I have all new boxfronts in my boxfront folders.

Could someone please advise me what the next step is because re-scraping locally isn't finding the new boxfronts and re-scraping online isn't picking up from the local boxart folders either !?.... Is it still looking for the old images that I've removed or something? Is there something else I need to do so that it doesn't simply look for the old images and then draw a blank?

Thanks
Did you force a re-cache of all images? The switch is 'C' from memory
I've just deleted the Textures13 file and everything in my boxfront folders for all my systems has just amazingly popped up automatically!
So I started from scratch with a clean install of xbmc/rcb. Sorted all my boxfronts and screenshots. Renamed and checked with FatMatch so that there was no art missing or extra....everything for each system prepared perfectly before importing.....and it still struggles to show all screenshots!!!
Think I might be getting somewhere....

It seems that if I...

1. Delete all rom collections and then close Xbmc.

2. Delete all the folders (0-f) in the "C:/Users/Username/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/Thumbnails" folder.

3. Replace with empty folders (0-f).

4. Delete the 'Textures13' file.

5. Import rom collections from scratch.

....it seems to work fine. I've just done this with my first two systems 'Neo Geo' and 'NES' and each have all the correct boxfronts and all the correct screenshots (About 400+ games). 'NES' was being very problematic before this.

It's a laborious task and a shame it needs to be done if you need to update artwork but I'm hoping all my systems go as smoothly as the first two and I can put it to bed, it's been a nightmare!

I'm not a programmer and only worked this method out to solve my own issues,I wouldn't recommend it! I don't have any other stored libraries such as Movies or Music and therefore didn't have to worry about losing data/thumbs etc. for anything else. I have a couple of other 'streaming' addons that I presumed would pull everything in again from the web, which they did.

If you have massive libraries for all kinds of media it's probably not a good idea to do what I did, but it seems to be working a treat for my situation! (Fingers crossed!)
  • 312(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20