• 326(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Unfortunately some emulators didnt think they will ever need command line options so they never implemented any.
(2015-08-20, 02:14)brendansound Wrote: For Nintendo 64 games i used mupen64plus:

Code:
-f -L "/usr/lib/libretro/mupen64plus_libretro.so" "%rom%"

Can't imagine it would be much different if you really want to use jaguar64.. don't have that one on my system so can't tell you for sure.

He's probably speaking of the Atari Jaguar (which was also a 64-bit console), not the N64. Wink
yeah i worked that out a fair bit too late.. whoops!
Can someone please help me out. I keep trying to set where the add on rom collection looks for games. The only thing that pops up is superrepo, I tried googling this issue as well as looking through the forums but couldnt find anything
could someone help me get mess to work with the systems that I was getting to work within mess? I am unsure if there is any parameter or any other setting I am missing to get it to work. All I can get so far is a scroll through and no load of the games.
(2015-08-27, 18:33)toki5 Wrote: could someone help me get mess to work with the systems that I was getting to work within mess? I am unsure if there is any parameter or any other setting I am missing to get it to work. All I can get so far is a scroll through and no load of the games.

Emulator name?
(2015-08-28, 02:04)Soujirou Seta Wrote:
(2015-08-27, 18:33)toki5 Wrote: could someone help me get mess to work with the systems that I was getting to work within mess? I am unsure if there is any parameter or any other setting I am missing to get it to work. All I can get so far is a scroll through and no load of the games.

Emulator name?

MESS is the emulator. It's a multi-system project similar to MAME.

Toki5, are you using MESS by itself or through RetroArch? Either way, in both cases you'll need to set up the arguments correctly in RCB so that MESS starts and automatically loads a game. I'm not familiar with MESS so I can't help you further, though.
(2015-08-28, 07:24)ldavet Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 02:04)Soujirou Seta Wrote:

Emulator name?

Toki5, are you using MESS by itself or through RetroArch? Either way, in both cases you'll need to set up the arguments correctly in RCB so that MESS starts and automatically loads a game. I'm not familiar with MESS so I can't help you further, though.
I have been trying with mess by itself, but have also been looking into retroarch if I thought it might be any smoother. Some of the sets do work with mess I have found out. Some however still do not. I just thought it might be better to have all my roms in one place rather than spread about between different emulators and all that.
(2014-07-01, 01:05)Catalyst Wrote:
(2014-06-30, 06:11)malte Wrote:
rlaursen Wrote:Another issue I see is that when using Aeon Nox skin with confluence thumbnail view mode there is what looks like menu categories "console genre year publisher a-z" in white text stuck on the background not part of the menu or anything. This goes away once you change your xbmc skin to confluence but I am using Nox. Am I able to remove this in one of the text files?
I can reproduce this issue. Still have to check why this is happening.

@Catalyst: As I understood you are working on skin files for Aeon Nox 5. Did you have the same issue?

Yeah I did. I just deleted those labels. Crappy fix but the filters are pretty self-explanatory without the labels. I really don't know what I'm doing, was just piecing it together. Dunno if I'll ever finish that. From what I was told it most likely has something to do with Nox running in 1080. Not sure though.

How did you delete those labels? I feel like it should be a simple fix, I'm just not getting it... Thanks!
(2015-08-29, 03:13)toki5 Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 07:24)ldavet Wrote:
(2015-08-28, 02:04)Soujirou Seta Wrote: Emulator name?

I have been trying with mess by itself, but have also been looking into retroarch if I thought it might be any smoother. Some of the sets do work with mess I have found out. Some however still do not. I just thought it might be better to have all my roms in one place rather than spread about between different emulators and all that.
Also, to clarify, I have basically all bios I need to get them to work in mess as a stand alone. Everything except for famicom disc system is working correctly for me. It's just in rcb that I am having trouble with it in.
Another problem I am having is scraping. Scraping games in keeps getting stuck after like 3 games. This is on every game system I try to add in. It has gotten stuck before, but not like this. I was hoping maybe gamesdb was maybe having a temporary problem. It seems like it is not temporary though.I have to stop kodi, restart it and try to do like 3 more games in a system. It is a little frustrating. I can't find anything to just let me offline scrape everything and just add it in that way either.
@toki5, the mobygames scraper has broken (parece), swich to giant/archive/thegamesdb and scraping goes better.
(2015-08-31, 02:35)Soujirou Seta Wrote: @toki5, the mobygames scraper has broken (parece), swich to giant/archive/thegamesdb and scraping goes better.
Thank You for the response
Thank you for your hard work after completion, I've been waiting for some time library game with simulation capabilities, like this one!
(2015-08-31, 02:35)Soujirou Seta Wrote: @toki5, the mobygames scraper has broken (parece), swich to giant/archive/thegamesdb and scraping goes better.

Thanks for the heads up. Smile

Archive.vg is soooo slow though.

I've come to realize that the best way to have all the data is really scraping of local files. I need to do that sometime. But basically, my reasoning is that the site with the most data on games (GameFAQs) hates auto scrapers, and as nice as TheGamesDB is, it's still inferior to GameFAQs in my experience. To use RCB to the fullest you'll probably want to do it all manually.
  • 326(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20