• 331(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
(2015-11-14, 11:27)lollo78 Wrote: Hi, I just installed RCB on Openelec 6.0 (kodi 15.2) - Raspberry Pi 2.
When I try to scrape game, I have always this error: "Could not create artwork file".
I fixed it with
#xbmcgui.Dialog().ok(util.localize(32012), util.localize(32011)):
(found on: https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionb...ail?id=185)

The thegamesdb scraper needs a fix. Same for the MAME scraper.

Some dev/coder could be port the scraper from Advanced Launcher?
In AL thegamesdb and arcadehits scrapers works pretty good.

RCB seems superior, but a lot of the most important scraper doesn't work.
So, it's like a black man without is black mamba Big Grin

A little question: I don't understand if RCB is still developed and maintained from the author or if is a dead project like Advanced Launcher (but in AL scrapers still working...).
:*

I get the same error as you the first time I scan new games, next time the scraping works. Thought it was some bug where is fails to create a folder or something the first time. Would also want this fixed, as it is otherwise a very nice plugin.
Hi, I have RCB on Night view and love it. but is there any way to change the default wallpaper to the Fan Art for the respective game?
And also, is there a way i can change the Game Filter criteria? I'm looking to replace Publisher to Controller Support and Year to Max Players
(2015-11-20, 23:39)Aquious Wrote: And also, is there a way i can change the Game Filter criteria? I'm looking to replace Publisher to Controller Support and Year to Max Players
I wanna know how to change filter criteria too!
I am using genre to filter number of players.
Hi guys, It's great RCB Big Grin

How can I add more systems? Or rename some. I want to add sega model 2, 3, cps3...

Thanks
(2015-12-05, 22:32)bugmenot2015 Wrote: Hi guys, It's great RCB Big Grin

How can I add more systems? Or rename some. I want to add sega model 2, 3, cps3...

Thanks

I don't think it's needed since all of these are arcade and most of the time you even run them from single emulator (MAME). But for the purist I guess a little more accuracy is desirable. Big Grin

I think you could tinker with the plugin's xml files to add different systems but if you're automating metadata function you might run into problems when scraping from arcade sites.
Yes, but, sadly, mame wont run most model 2 or model 3 games.

Supermodel and m2 emulator are way better than mame for this games.

I´ll check xml files to see what can be done.
meh, what is it with this forum when you post, its almost like the messages dont post lol.........
Ill try again!

I've an Nvidia Shield, what is the best way to get ROMS onto the device without using a stick? Also which emulators are best to use the ones on google play or via the web? Do they all link into Roms Collection okay

thanks
rather than be too clever I've got dropbox installed now......just need to work out whether to use gamesome or ROM collections now, oh and the emulators hmmm
what r the best controller to use on the amazon firetv with emulators, I would like to set-up multi player controllers for the firetv to play all emulators, nes/snes/sega genesis/n64 etc

thanks,
Vince
Damn im stuck.......I managed to get dropbox on the device but the dbmc version, okay I can open up this add on and now see my files.....but I can't get rom collector to find the path. So okay, if you had a usb stick you would goto file manager > add path > point to stick job done! But I want the path to point to my drop box, the idea being it runs off a server and I can simply add files to the drop box thus updating the games collection....or anything else for that matter

anyone?
(2015-12-06, 20:21)vincez28 Wrote: what r the best controller to use on the amazon firetv with emulators, I would like to set-up multi player controllers for the firetv to play all emulators, nes/snes/sega genesis/n64 etc

thanks,
Vince

Just go onto youtube and type it in, you'll find a tutorial, yours sounds an easier problem Smile
(2015-12-06, 22:10)wipe0wt Wrote: Damn im stuck.......I managed to get dropbox on the device but the dbmc version, okay I can open up this add on and now see my files.....but I can't get rom collector to find the path. So okay, if you had a usb stick you would goto file manager > add path > point to stick job done! But I want the path to point to my drop box, the idea being it runs off a server and I can simply add files to the drop box thus updating the games collection....or anything else for that matter

anyone?

The only way that would work is if you can get dropbox to sync to a specific location, such as /storage//dropbox/roms and point file manager to there to add as a source.
I installed this on my Kodi (15.2 Compiled: Oct 19 2015) on my Windows 10 x64 laptop and I can't import games because I get the following error:
Quote:Error: Could not create artwork file.
Check xbmc.log for details
I've seen more people with the same error but I didn't find any solution. The only two things I found was that thegamesdb.net was offline and that RCB wasn't (yet) compatible with Kodi.

What can I do to fix this?

I'm using 3 emulators with games:
NES: fceux-2.2.2-win32
SNES: snes9x-1.53-win32-x64
N64: Project64 2.1
  • 331(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20