• 335(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
I recently was on "tvaddons" homepage and they were recommending doing a "fresh start" on kodi. So i did this and it totally wiped out my RCB setup....all the roms, all the emulators, all the artwork....everything. It took me a long time and a lot of work to get it the way i had it. Does anyone know a way to get it back without having to start from scratch all over again?
Restore the backup that surely would have been created by a add-on that wipes your kodi installed...
Any news from continuing this add on?
So since this is basically abandoned...are there any other viable rom collection launchers?
no luck on the backup. now I'm trying to reimport all the roms without scraping them"using local artwork" selection because i have all the artwork saved on a connected hard drive but thats not working either.
(2016-02-25, 06:23)Aubins Wrote: So since this is basically abandoned...are there any other viable rom collection launchers?

This works fine 99% of the time.
I follow these points and it works like a charm here.

1 for mame use the offline scraper ,instructions and an update to 0.159 are in this thread somewhere.
you will need the correct mame titles,screenshots,videos as well but it works fine as long as you have a sub 4000 piece romset.
2 for consoles only set thegamesdb.net as no 1 scraper and set the other 2 to none,this will save you a ton of time doing the initial scrape and any missed games can be sorted out after
(2016-02-26, 21:55)mystik_al Wrote:
(2016-02-25, 06:23)Aubins Wrote: So since this is basically abandoned...are there any other viable rom collection launchers?

This works fine 99% of the time.
I follow these points and it works like a charm here.

1 for mame use the offline scraper ,instructions and an update to 0.159 are in this thread somewhere.
you will need the correct mame titles,screenshots,videos as well but it works fine as long as you have a sub 4000 piece romset.
2 for consoles only set thegamesdb.net as no 1 scraper and set the other 2 to none,this will save you a ton of time doing the initial scrape and any missed games can be sorted out after

Can you please post a link to the 0.159 update. Because i cant fint it..

Thank you
(2016-02-27, 12:33)Rion Wrote: Can you please post a link to the 0.159 update. Because i cant fint it..

Thank you

I made a mistake its 0.154 not 0.159 as stated but here you go
MAME offline scraper 0.154 update

Its not my work im just passing it on,all props to ricardo85x who went to the trouble of doing the heavy lifting Wink
(2016-02-27, 12:41)mystik_al Wrote:
(2016-02-27, 12:33)Rion Wrote: Can you please post a link to the 0.159 update. Because i cant fint it..

Thank you

I made a mistake its 0.154 not 0.159 as stated but here you go
MAME offline scraper 0.154 update

Its not my work im just passing it on,all props to ricardo85x who went to the trouble of doing the heavy lifting Wink

Thank you.

I do hope someone will update this to 0.171 (latest?)
From Reading this thread this is the new home for rcb by Malte

(2015-07-21, 17:32)malte Wrote:
(2015-07-14, 20:53)SleepyP Wrote: As with any super-long thread, my question may already be answered elsewhere, so please forgive me if that is the case.

Is RCB still being actively developed by anybody, and if so, is there any particular github repo that would be "best" place to look at for updates & potentially to push fixes to? I've got some improvements in mind for RCB but I didn't want to start messing around with the code without first know that I'm starting from the right place.
I am migrating the code from googlecode to github these days (ok, its already weeks and months...). The new home of the project will be: https://github.com/maloep/romcollectionbrowser. I have to do some fixes on my own and already have some pull requests waiting to be integrated in a new release. So, if you want to start working on anything this is the place to go. You can also contact me via PM. I hope that I will be around more regularly in the future.
Thanks mystik....i got everything back now since i saw your post about only using thegamesdb scraper. i guess all the other ones are broken.
(2016-03-04, 02:14)ctrim78 Wrote: Thanks mystik....i got everything back now since i saw your post about only using thegamesdb scraper. i guess all the other ones are broken.

great glad to have helped Wink
I don't think the scrapers are broken except for maws,RCB just seems to work more efficiently using only 1 at a time for the initial scrape.
I found gameDB will get %95 of my console games off the bat and any with missing info or artwork can be rescraped with archive.vg , mobygames and giant bomb in that order to get %100 all looking nice.
hi there

apologies as im sure this has been asked before but its a massive thread and hard to find the info

Ive been trying to set RCB up for the past couple of weeks. I can get the games scraping fine but its the emulators im struggling with.

I started using retroarch and that was fine as it would launch the selected game by going staright into the game. The issue I had with RetroArch was via KODI it wouldn't pick up the controller, yet if I went into RetroArch without KODI ie just from my main screen and not even loading Kodi the controller would work. Not sure if it was something silly I was doing?

To get around this ive now started to just use specific Emulators. Ive started with MD EMU.

Again I can scrape games fine BUT now when I select the game it doesn't load, the emulator just loads up its own GUI and not the game.

My set up at home is an Nvidia Shield, with my ROMS stored on a Zyxel 320. RCB is picking up my ROMs so my ROM path is fine.

Any help/advice on either issue is greatly welcomed. RetroArch would be my preferred method with it simply being the one app, but im more than happy to just load all the emulators i'll need if I can get MD emu working so I know for future ones.

Cheers!!
hi

I'm new to both Kodi and RCB.

I want to find a good emulator frontend for my laptop, but none of those I found is useful. The frontends that I found is EmulationStation (broken scraper, cannot find games with punctuation marks like F-Zero or Pac 'n Roll), LaunchBox (since the developer changed the app to include paid features, I've no idea if I want to use this anymore...), AdvanceMenu (customizable, but not really good) and mGalaxy (tad outdated...).

Finally, I downloaded and installed Kodi and RCB. But there's a block that prevents it from working properly.

When I want to scrape infos for a Pokémon game, it wasn't updated. After observing the log file, I've found the problem:

ERROR: C:\Users\Tetriser\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\dbupdate.py:692: UnicodeWarning: Unicode unequal comparison failed to convert both arguments to Unicode - interpreting them as being unequal

I'm not sure if I'm correct, but I'm really sure that this could be Python's limitations with Unicode characters (as the word Pokémon has a Unicode character "é", I dunno), so it rollback into an emty response or "null result".
Does anyone know if there are any skins which offer viable touchscreen support for RCB? Two primary issues with touchscreen are, the videos do not trigger when scrolling through the wraplist using touchscreen and the filters are practically inaccessible via touchscreen. I've attempted to make my own skin, but could never resolve these issues.
  • 335(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20