• 338(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Going back to the MAME_DESC_154.txt version of the offline scraper... I tried it. But it doesn't work. I see, by comparing it to the original MAME.txt version, that its internal syntax is different and that it lacks the CRC values.
As such, unless I'm mistaken, it's pretty useless.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
(2016-04-27, 14:06)nick_woodforth Wrote: hey guys,
hope someone can help me out.
im using a asustor nas AS5104T v2.6.0.R4R1 with kodi v16.0.3.R12 (on it running rcb 2.1.2)
i dont no if there is a particular os version of emulator i should be using. (could be my problem there)
atm i have tried n64 windows emulator and a linux verson (dont no what verson of linux kodi is runing on due to it saying "Unknown Linux Distribution 0.0 (kernel: Linux4.1.0)). i set everything up correctly i think. all the roms show up without any details other then names due to scrapers not working. when i launch a rom screen goes blank for a sec then back to rcb list.

any help would be fanatic!!

thanks
nick

i guess no one can help me out then Sad
I am still getting the artwork download error, is there another program for the PC or mac that i can use to grab artwork and all other metadata ?
Hi, first time posting. I am getting a "failed to install a dependency" when trying to install Rom Collection Browser. I have a MXQ Pro Android box. Thanks for any help.
This is how I've got mine set up
I've spent some time today improving it
but this just shows how it runs through Big Grin
That looks Awesome 2NZY. I got RBC installed now but shes not picking up the emulator. They are listed but none works. Any ideas?
Anyone found a new updated mame txt file to use with this add on?

The 154 one was nice, cause was not showing all variants per game, just one or two. Tried another that was 0.157 but was showing all versions per game, making the list unnecesarly large.
Is this plugin working at the moment? It's not scraping anything for me - locally or online.
Anyone know what the correct emulator paramaters are for the new dolphin 5.0? I just installed it and the "%ROM" seems to not be working anymore. If i clear that and open the game, dolphin opens but does not start the game. Thanks!
I've got my roms and art etc on a SMB share...... RCB can see it and loads everything apart from the NFO? Everytime I try a local NFO file it simply creates a blank one? I can scrape online and it populates it but theres one or ten games that it don't so I need to manually create the NFO files for them. at first I thougt I was doing the NFO wrong but having deleted the collection and then tried to import from the NFOs that had been populated from the online scrapers it did exactly the same..... just over wrote them with blank ones.

Ive checked permissions on the Share and that's all ok (which makes sense as it accesses the art and can populate the NFOs) I'm now just a little stuck any suggetsions?

Oh and if I put the NFO on the local drive of the machine (its a shield) the NFO works so I even know the NFO is fine
Hi, I just want to leave here the command to correctly launch MAME4droid on android (i couldn't find it so i had to figure it out).

start --user 0 -a android.intent.action.VIEW -n com.seleuco.mame4droid/com.seleuco.mame4droid.MAME4droid -d "file://%rom%"

I think that you also need to set the rom path inside the mame4droid app for it to work... i am not sure.

Regards,
If anyone still uses this, I could use some major help with the ROM COLLECTION BROWSER. I seem to have messed up when importing the roms and cannot figure out how to get back to the screen to restart the import process. I have uninstalled the app and redownloaded it and everything, but I have still not found a way. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Smile
(2016-07-15, 08:03)TheSpyHunt3r Wrote: If anyone still uses this, I could use some major help with the ROM COLLECTION BROWSER. I seem to have messed up when importing the roms and cannot figure out how to get back to the screen to restart the import process. I have uninstalled the app and redownloaded it and everything, but I have still not found a way. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Smile

right click or Letter C to access the context menu.
choose delete Rom collection.
this will delete the database and configs for a particular emulator.

it doesn't touch the actual Roms. I was concerned about that at first.
I've had to restart several times while attempting to install RCB
Hello everyone, I've a question about a setup wirh RCB + NEO.emu on my Shield. I setup up RCB with all the proper metadata for each rom but when I launch a game (zip file) RCB ask me which .rom I want to open, I select the 1st one and this open the NEO.emu app but not directly the game, this means I have to select (again) the game I want to play. The game starts but in this way it looks like I'm loosing the purpose to use RCB. Is there any way to launch a Neo Geo game directly from RCB?

Thanks
Hi I need help, first time using this add-on. I have some games on a network drive but I see no way of accessing the shared drive...

Sent from my HTC One_M8
  • 338(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20