• 150(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
I just want to say thanks to malte, not only with the great job you made with Rom Collection Browser but also and not less impressive the GREAT support you are giving through this forum to all people in needs Smile
My rom list is actually around 5000 kb, if you'd like me to send it to your email, that'd be no problem.
Malte thanks for replying so quick! Like the person above said you really have great support for your work!
I was hoping I wasn't going to have to change to numerical. It's ok though I have it setup to only show boxart and fanart using the simplistic theme so I wouldn't even notice anyway.
Do you have any plans on implementing a "sets" feature like xbmc has with movie trilogies?
(2012-04-27, 17:58)malte Wrote:
Hal_Emmerich Wrote:C) Bug: Interface Lockup when rapidly switching consoles
This is one I've noticed when switching between consoles with large databases quickly. If I flick from my NES to my SNES collection before the NES has finished loading, I -surmise- the SNES encounters a read error since the file is still in use. No log entries occur in the log, but the interface hangs until I restart the computer or sometimes wrestle control back with Control + Alt + Delete.
Never noticed this. But I will test in detail. Maybe my collections just aren't big enough.

I have the same issue. It happens more often with bigger collections but I think none of them is really big. Around 300 or 400 max. Most times it doesn't lock up but the menu to apply different filters doesn't work. I can use it and scroll through the options but it doesn't change what is displayed. When I exit RCB i get a services.py error popup. The problem started since I used a Eden.
I've had it since whatever 10 was. I SUSPECT what might be happening is it's still reading from the database when the next call is made, which would result in a read error. Without knowing Python I can't really know for sure.
Solved my problem Malte and I can report that I found the reason for the error. Based on your suggestion, I went into the database, realizing the problem was occurring only on a few genre's. I also realized you had to be right, as on those three entries, the publisher filter did not populate. I cross referenced games that involved the genres 'Stealth' and 'Action', and tracked the problem to Syphon Filter 1, a PSX game by 989 studio's. The scraper however only retrieved '989', which I suspect was being interpreted as an integer, not a string. Including text that would force it to string (IE: 989 Studios Inc) corrected the issue.

I hope this helps you in your project. If there is -anything- I can do, please do not hesitate to ask.
Maleficium Wrote:I just want to say thanks to malte, not only with the great job you made with Rom Collection Browser but also and not less impressive the GREAT support you are giving through this forum to all people in needs
ThanksSmile

xaviorffviii Wrote:Do you have any plans on implementing a "sets" feature like xbmc has with movie trilogies?
Yes, I have plans. But atm no time to realize them. I guess it will take some weeks/months before I can start working on things like this. But I really hope it will come...

Darkcloud Wrote:I have the same issue. It happens more often with bigger collections but I think none of them is really big. Around 300 or 400 max. Most times it doesn't lock up but the menu to apply different filters doesn't work. I can use it and scroll through the options but it doesn't change what is displayed. When I exit RCB i get a services.py error popup. The problem started since I used a Eden.
Hal_Emmerich Wrote:I've had it since whatever 10 was. I SUSPECT what might be happening is it's still reading from the database when the next call is made, which would result in a read error. Without knowing Python I can't really know for sure.
I will look into it. Thanks again for reporting.

Hal_Emmerich Wrote:Solved my problem Malte and I can report that I found the reason for the error. Based on your suggestion, I went into the database, realizing the problem was occurring only on a few genre's. I also realized you had to be right, as on those three entries, the publisher filter did not populate. I cross referenced games that involved the genres 'Stealth' and 'Action', and tracked the problem to Syphon Filter 1, a PSX game by 989 studio's. The scraper however only retrieved '989', which I suspect was being interpreted as an integer, not a string. Including text that would force it to string (IE: 989 Studios Inc) corrected the issue.
Wow, good catch. I already found the part in code that I have to fix. With next release you should be able to use 989 as studio again. Thanks for your investigation!
Running into a small issue...

Everytime I try to import a game with multiple . or -, it errors out. Like WCW v. NWO - world tour.

I uploaded the pastebin here.

http://pastebin.com/kRQRfe5s
been having some trouble getting rom collection browser to work. I've been trying to add zsnes but with no luck... first I was getting an error message saying "could not create directory" (or something along those lines) when rcb was trying to scrape artwork online. I fixed that by manually creating the necessary directories but now I'm getting a message "could not create artwork files." I am truly stumped...been googling the best I can to try and fix this but no luck. Any ideasHuh

I care a lot more about just being able to play games than look at the artwork, I would be perfectly happy if there was a way to skip the scraping altogether.

sorry for being a noob, thanks in advance for any help!

xbmc.log file can be found at: http://pastebin.com/WZcuY4QL

<iframe src="http://pastebin.com/embed_iframe.php?i=WZcuY4QL" style="border:none;width:100%"></iframe>

<script src="http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=WZcuY4QL"></script>
gman3042 Wrote:Running into a small issue...

Everytime I try to import a game with multiple . or -, it errors out. Like WCW v. NWO - world tour.
Seems to have problems with the "." as it thinks the filename ends at "WCW vs". I will check how to fix it. In the meantime you can try to import the games with scraper in interactive mode. This will let you choose from found results.

cowhead Wrote:been having some trouble getting rom collection browser to work. I've been trying to add zsnes but with no luck... first I was getting an error message saying "could not create directory" (or something along those lines) when rcb was trying to scrape artwork online. I fixed that by manually creating the necessary directories but now I'm getting a message "could not create artwork files." I am truly stumped...been googling the best I can to try and fix this but no luck. Any ideas?
Relevant part of the log file is:
Code:
11:05:45 T:5060  NOTICE: RCB_ERROR: Could not create file: 'C:\Program Files\Zsnes\artwork\boxfront\Final Fantasy II.jpg'. Error message: '[Errno 13] Permission denied: 'C:\\Program Files\\Zsnes\\artwork\\boxfront\\Final Fantasy II.jpg''
The user that is running XBMC must be allowed to write the file. Or just choose another location where the user is allowed.
aaaaand....problem solved! I moved my roms out of the program folder and it works perfectly now.

I feel a little silly now....

thanks for your help! this opens up a whole new realm of awesome in xbmc...
(2012-03-23, 08:12)fixxxer76 Wrote: Has anyone been able to successfully launch roms on RCB for Mac? I have a pc and a mac and the pc version works great for all emulators but on my mac It seems to open the emulators but does not launch any rom. I have tried multiple emulators. If anyone has made it work, can someone point me to a tutorial or help me out I'm not sure what is going wrong? I know this is a generic quesiton but im stuck. Also when I try to select the executable (.app) it doesn't let met select the .app but I am selecting the content/mac os/"sne9x" for example. I dunno.

There's a post here http://www.snes9x.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5311 about this but im not sure what to do with-

open -a /Applications/Snes9x.app /path/game.smc

(2012-04-21, 09:11)malte Wrote: ... Only way around this with current release is to use solo mode. I will see if I can do anything against it from the coding side. I wanted to change the command that RCB uses to invoke emulators one day. Maybe this will also solve this problem.

From an XBMCBuntu standpoint, and per reading at AngelsCry's site, i believe the solo mode execution doesnt work in my case.
I use Dolphin as a wii emulator in XBMCBuntu and it works fine in the lxde desktop evironment. I found a need to toggle the "esc emulator cmd" to the off position as the default hotkeys are to use esc to stop the emulator itself. Once a change is made to the emulator to the hotkey to stop from esc to something else, the emu loads, but I lose the abilty to have any input to the emulator.

the command line I am using is something like "/usr/games/dolphin-emu" with the arguements of " -e -b %ROM%"

It loads, and I can play, but i essentially need to ssh into the box and restart xbmc when I am done playing, since the inputs seem to stick with xbmc rather than the current window focus... any ideas to make this cleaner?

hi malte, any advise for rcb before i upgrade to xbmc eden, im in dharma right now, i dont want to lose all my precious time and work dedicated to the wonderful rcb, any tips? Thanks!
jelly Wrote:There's a post here http://www.snes9x.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5311 about this but im not sure what to do with-

open -a /Applications/Snes9x.app /path/game.smc
You can try to launch a game with this command in a command shell. Not sure how to do this on Mac but I am sure there is one available. When you opened the shell just enter the command with the correct parameters and see if it works. You don't really need this step, it is just to clarify if it works in general before you start messing around with RCB.

If this works you can try to do the same thing from RCB. In this case I guess you need to use "open" as emulator cmd and -a /Applications/Snes9x.app "%ROM%" as emulator params.

boblablah Wrote:From an XBMCBuntu standpoint, and per reading at AngelsCry's site, i believe the solo mode execution doesnt work in my case.
I use Dolphin as a wii emulator in XBMCBuntu and it works fine in the lxde desktop evironment. I found a need to toggle the "esc emulator cmd" to the off position as the default hotkeys are to use esc to stop the emulator itself. Once a change is made to the emulator to the hotkey to stop from esc to something else, the emu loads, but I lose the abilty to have any input to the emulator.
Not sure if I understand 100%. But I guess you are mixing up some things.

1. The solo mode statement above is (afaik) only windows related because there have been problems with XBMC hanging after the emulator is launched. I have never seen this behaviour on linux.
2. Why should the solo mode not work for you? It was not possible to use solo mode with XBMCLive (without installing a separate window manager) but it should be no problem with XBMCbuntu.
3. "esc emulator cmd" has nothing to do with esc key. It just uses a different way to "write" the path to your roms on the command line. So, if you have trouble with roms not launching, toggle the "esc emulator cmd" parameter. Otherwise just leave it as is.

boblablah Wrote:the command line I am using is something like "/usr/games/dolphin-emu" with the arguements of " -e -b %ROM%"

It loads, and I can play, but i essentially need to ssh into the box and restart xbmc when I am done playing, since the inputs seem to stick with xbmc rather than the current window focus... any ideas to make this cleaner?
In this case I think you should try to use the solo mode. There are other options preventing XBMC from handling the input but iirc they are all quite tricky and cause other problems.

DigiTech Wrote:hi malte, any advise for rcb before i upgrade to xbmc eden, im in dharma right now, i dont want to lose all my precious time and work dedicated to the wonderful rcb, any tips? Thanks!
Hi, welcome backSmile

I am not aware of any issues with upgrading from Dharma to Eden. To be on the safe side you could backup your MyGames.db and config.xml but RCB should not change anything during update. Only major thing that changed is that the solo mode feature works technically different (autoexec.py is replaced by RCB service). But this should not have any effect for the user.
  • 150(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20