• 226(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Hey guys, I seem to be having trouble setting this up with Higan (formerly known as bsnes). I can't seem to import any games for it. I suspect this is because Higan stores NES and SNES ROM's in folders named after the game, plus ".sfc" or ".fc" at the end, and inside those folders are the game ("program.rom") and "manifest.bml". You can't point Higan to program.rom, you need to pass in the name of the folder it is in. I swear this worked fine in 2.0.5. Am I just missing something when I try to import new games.
Cosmo_Kramer Wrote:Did you check the scraped sites if both games are available? Maybe it will already work with another scraper.
You can also create an nfo file manually. You should find some examples of nfo file next to your roms if you did not disable creating nfo files. Then just do a reimport with only the "local nfo" scraper.

Thanks, for the quick response. I will get working on that. Also, I noticed that when I play a rom for more than a few minutes and exit the emulator, XBMC does not return to full screen. If I quickly turn the emulator on and turn it off, XBMC returns to full screen. Any ideas what that could be?
willp2003 Wrote:Hi, just starting using this along with zsnes. I don't get any audio though. If I use zsnes on it's own the audio is fine. Using Win 7. Sorry if this has been covered but my search didn't return much.
Maybe XBMC is still sitting on your audio device. A workaround could be to launch the emulator in solo mode.

o9r1sh Wrote:Good to know. It never crossed my mind that the smb share could be the problem. I'll try your suggestions above when I get home. Will let you know how it goes.
I will also try this myself. I just had some issues wih the prebuild version from the thread. Just grabbed everything and rebuild from scratch. So this will take some time...

DrPreston Wrote:Hey guys, I seem to be having trouble setting this up with Higan (formerly known as bsnes). I can't seem to import any games for it. I suspect this is because Higan stores NES and SNES ROM's in folders named after the game, plus ".sfc" or ".fc" at the end, and inside those folders are the game ("program.rom") and "manifest.bml". You can't point Higan to program.rom, you need to pass in the name of the folder it is in. I swear this worked fine in 2.0.5. Am I just missing something when I try to import new games.
I made some changes to the import process from 2.0.5 to 2.0.6. So it is not impossible that I broke some of the more exotic scenarios. Can you give me an exact example of your folder structure and your config that was supposed to work with 2.0.5?

Cosmo_Kramer Wrote:Also, I noticed that when I play a rom for more than a few minutes and exit the emulator, XBMC does not return to full screen. If I quickly turn the emulator on and turn it off, XBMC returns to full screen. Any ideas what that could be?
Uhhh, thats bad. Because this is the exact way I test if launching games is still working. I will see if I can reproduce it. But it does not sound like something that I can control from my python code. Can you also tell me something about your environment (OS, XBMC, emulators, ...)?
Okay, Decided to test on my SNES collection. I went ahead and switched on the don't unzip zip files option in the launch settings and low and behold I no longer received the error however now the problem I'm running into is that when I try to run a rom XBMC propts me to install an emulator. Regardless of which emulator I install XBMC isn't satisfied and continues to ask that I install an emulator. Just a note I did force RCB to use the specific core that was recommended. There don't appear to be any error in the log but here a link in case I'm missing something.

http://pastebin.com/9ChVQdF3

I look forward to seeing what you come up with in the following weeks.

Many thanks Smile
Looks like the win32 gameclients are not up to date anymore. Try to delete them from your addons directoy and choose "gameclient.snes9x.next" (without win32) instead. This solved it for me.

Launching games without specifying a gameclient still does not work for me.
(2013-04-23, 07:28)malte Wrote:
galbeida Wrote:Thank you very much, but where I chose my artwork folders? I do not see it.
You can check your artwork folders in Edit Rom Collection dialog on the Import game data tab: link

Thanks Malte, but I think I dont something good. My setup is like this:

Media Type: Boxfront
Media Path: L: \ Emulators \ Sega \ Megadrive \ Roms \ Boxfront
Media File Mask: % GAME%. *

the name of the rom is "Action 52-in-1.zip" and into "L: \ Emulators \ Sega \ Megadrive \ Roms \ Boxfront" I've put a picture called "Action 52-in-1.jpg"

With the rom marked I give "rescrape game", I trigger the "Change Scrapers for this run" and frame Scraper1 "local artwork"

Am I doing something wrong?

thank you very much
(2013-04-25, 08:00)malte Wrote: Looks like the win32 gameclients are not up to date anymore. Try to delete them from your addons directoy and choose "gameclient.snes9x.next" (without win32) instead. This solved it for me.

Alrighty will give that a shot after work. Fingers crossed.
(2013-04-25, 13:28)o9r1sh Wrote:
(2013-04-25, 08:00)malte Wrote: Looks like the win32 gameclients are not up to date anymore. Try to delete them from your addons directoy and choose "gameclient.snes9x.next" (without win32) instead. This solved it for me.

Alrighty will give that a shot after work. Fingers crossed.

Success. Tried loading a file from my local drive rather than my server and everything worked like a dream. Tried the same file over smb and the error returned so I guess the problem lies with smb. I'm going to try mapping my rom drive to the client machine later today and see if Its a viable workaround. If not I suppose storing my roms on the client wouldn't be to horrible.

Thanks for all the help you provided Malte.
Hi everyone - I am running into an issue with this app, hopefully I am missing something silly. I am running OSX Mountain lion, with Frodo 12.1.
The addon installed with no issue. When I try to open the program, it kicks off the "first run" wizard. I can get as far as asking for the location of my emulator executable. However, when I try to specify, it only shows me a defined network location that I had added in file manager (specifically, Fusion). Nothing else shows up - I can't go up or down a directory or anything. I literally see a listing saying, "Fusion" and nothing else. There are no other options available. At this point I have to quit out.

I tried searching through the thread but search won't let me search for "mac" "osx" and mountain lion doesn't return any results, so please forgive me if this has been discussed - I don't have time to read through 339 pages.
I'm having problems setting up my amiga emulator, winUAE on windows 7.

I have a folder of tosec adf files, which I point RCB to and it has picked them up and scraped the correct artwork etc. My config.xml looks like:

Code:
<emulatorCmd>C:\Program Files (x86)\WinUAE\winuae.exe</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams>{-%I% "%ROM%"}</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>C:\Users\David\Desktop\Amiga\ADF\*.adf</romPath>

When I then click on a game in RBC, XBMC exits out of full screen, a command prompt opens, the WinUAE Properties window opens, and then nothing - no game.

If I then (in WinUAE) click on Floppy drives and put the adf into DF0: and click start, the game runs fine.

Any idea where I'm going wrong?
Lightbulb 
U are wrong. ADF folder isn't ROM folder. ADF is Amiga Disc File ex. image of org. Amiga 880KB diskette.

Check your entire <romPath>C:\Users\David\Desktop\Amiga\ADF\*.adf</romPath> Did u seen romPATH and ADF ?

In ROM u must have "kick.rom" or "kickstart.rom" - thats all and good luck
(2013-04-24, 07:48)malte Wrote:
Cosmo_Kramer Wrote:Also, I noticed that when I play a rom for more than a few minutes and exit the emulator, XBMC does not return to full screen. If I quickly turn the emulator on and turn it off, XBMC returns to full screen. Any ideas what that could be?
Uhhh, thats bad. Because this is the exact way I test if launching games is still working. I will see if I can reproduce it. But it does not sound like something that I can control from my python code. Can you also tell me something about your environment (OS, XBMC, emulators, ...)?

I am running Windows 7 x64, XBMC Frodo, SNEX9X and Project64. Perhaps my remote is the culprit. I can try and closing it with alt-f4 on the keyboard and see if the problem persists. Thanks for your help and your hardwork.
(2013-04-25, 21:38)pawelkrak Wrote: U are wrong. ADF folder isn't ROM folder. ADF is Amiga Disc File ex. image of org. Amiga 880KB diskette.

Check your entire <romPath>C:\Users\David\Desktop\Amiga\ADF\*.adf</romPath> Did u seen romPATH and ADF ?

I copied all my kickstart roms into the adf folder but that didn't seem to make any difference. I was under the impression that romPath referred to games, nintendo and sega carts etc being referred to as 'roms'. I could well be wrong though.

Thanks for your help!

edit - from the xbmc.log, the launch command is (with cannon fodder):

Code:
call "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinUAE\winuae.exe" -0 "C:\Users\David\Desktop\Amiga\ADF\Cannon Fodder (1993)(Virgin)[cr FLT](Disk 1 of 3).adf"

which when executed through the command prompt just calls up the winuae properties, no game launch.
(2013-04-25, 22:43)Ringoko Wrote:
(2013-04-25, 21:38)pawelkrak Wrote: U are wrong. ADF folder isn't ROM folder. ADF is Amiga Disc File ex. image of org. Amiga 880KB diskette.

I copied all my kickstart roms into the adf folder but that didn't seem to make any difference. I was under the impression that romPath referred to games, nintendo and sega carts etc being referred to as 'roms'. I could well be wrong though.

Thanks for your help!

edit - from the xbmc.log, the launch command is (with cannon fodder):

Code:
call "C:\Program Files (x86)\WinUAE\winuae.exe" -0 "C:\Users\David\Desktop\Amiga\ADF\Cannon Fodder (1993)(Virgin)[cr FLT](Disk 1 of 3).adf"

which when executed through the command prompt just calls up the winuae properties, no game launch.

Try using RoM-Jacket. It uses FS-UAE, but autoconfigures everything.
(2013-04-26, 00:43)sudopinion Wrote: Try using RoM-Jacket. It uses FS-UAE, but autoconfigures everything.

Ah... I tried that and somehow it did not work. I am retarded, so what follows is a bit of a car crash of clicking buttons and hoping it works.

It installed daemon tools (not xpadder)

Install >
installed the FS-UAE emulator

Configure >
All roms were put into C:\Games.
"enter emulator options/switches" I left this blank, no idea what to input
run emulator from directory - yes (again, no idea)
use full path, use rom extension
Enter the name of the config file - I didn't know what to use here and just clicked ok
Consolidate

Frontend>
XBMC > RCB > Yes > Yes

I copied a kickstart rom into my documents/FS-UAE/Kickstarts

In xbmc rbc I click the game and it opens FS-UAE to the old A500 'insert workbench' screen, but there is no game disk present in df0
  • 226(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20