• 307(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
xbmclogs.com was down for some time but it is available again. I guess it should work now.
(2015-02-14, 02:14)nalias Wrote: Log File:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=425996

I Hope it helps, not hinders, I set RCB to debug logging.

Update, It changed letters sections again, now showing ~30 E games, instead of the B games, new log for it

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=426240

There is a character filter in your queries:

No 1 character B
Code:
16:02:25 T:11148  NOTICE: RCB_DEBUG: searching games with query: Select * From Game WHERE (romCollectionId = ? OR (0 = ?)) AND (Id IN (Select GameId From GenreGame Where GenreId = ?) OR (0 = ?)) AND (YearId = ? OR (0 = ?)) AND (PublisherId = ? OR (0 = ?)) AND (isFavorite = ? OR (0 = ?)) AND name LIKE 'B%' ORDER BY name COLLATE NOCASE

No 2 character E
Code:
21:35:34 T:12248  NOTICE: RCB_DEBUG: searching games with query: Select * From Game WHERE (romCollectionId = ? OR (0 = ?)) AND (Id IN (Select GameId From GenreGame Where GenreId = ?) OR (0 = ?)) AND (YearId = ? OR (0 = ?)) AND (PublisherId = ? OR (0 = ?)) AND (isFavorite = ? OR (0 = ?)) AND name LIKE 'E%' ORDER BY name COLLATE NOCASE

Does your character filter still show "All" or does it jump to "B" or "E"?
can I see my game playtime in rcb? Confused

I've already known that rcb can count launch times at each games.

but furthermore, I want to see how much time playing on each games in my rcb library. just like steam.

Is there anybody can help this for me?
thanks malte

(2015-02-16, 08:14)malte Wrote:
brianman Wrote:noob here. my rom collection browser will not load when i try to "launch". thanks in advance.
Do you try to launch it from Favourites? Try to launch it from Program Menu or update to version 2.1.0. Otherwise post a link to your log file here.

dcon Wrote:Can I use a Windows emulator executable (.exe) with this add on even though I'm using Linux? If not, what sort of file extension (similar to the .exe) should I have the add on pointing to? Should I set up controls and what not for the emulator on my PC before I put it on my box?
No, you can't run Windows executables on Linux (without extra software like Wine). But for most (if not all) systems there should be good linux alternatives available. You should first set up everything outside of RCB/Kodi. Find and install an emulator for your system that you want to emulate and find out how to launch this emulator from command line. The manual of the emulator will help you with this. Use this exact command line as emulatorCmd and emulatorParams in RCB.

nalias Wrote:Log File:

http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=425996

I Hope it helps, not hinders, I set RCB to debug logging.
Sorry, I can't check your log files atm. Not sure if this is my crappy connection or if xbmclogs.com is down.
It seems that i have lost the log files that were posted earlier, here is what i have now:

Log file

http://pastebin.com/Le9yWmcA
Wow, Ok so here seems to be what was going on then.. man feel dumb.. so yea, the filter was set to a letter, how it go switched.. idk.. but here is the rub... and this would be what i'd seen when i was testing it. So.. what is/was happening, the filter was saved as those letter, as you obviously knew, but when I switched to all, it populated the list! eureka that was great.. so i felt dumb.. then i switched to a letter, also no problem.. but it wouldn't go back to all.. just comes up with zero items.. as of writing its 'loading list' after i saved it with all and re launched.

I'm ecstatic that it was somthing stupid, even if it was me.. but what's happening now? is this normal for it to load/not return to the all list? its been 'loading list' for ~ 8min now pretty sure this is why i assumed it was broken in the first place..
New test version available: 2.1.1

List of changes:

General
  • kodi compatibility: fix label positions in missing info filter dialog
Browse Games
  • new option (addon settings): max number of games to display
Launch Games
  • new option (edit rom collection): make local copy (thanks to sklick)

I forgot one dialog that still showed some blank items, I hope I have them all fixed now. I also added two more options: "max number of games to display" will help users with large collections to limit the number of games that are displayed in the ui, "make local copy" will copy the rom file to a local temp dir before the emulator is launched. This should help users that have issues with launching roms from external sources.

Previous version: 2.1.0
Hey grabbed it right away. Still same thing with the all list not populating, when NOT using new feature, can confirm that it worked when max list was @ 500.
seems the text box got a little messed up in the filter missing info section (in gotham anyway) the text for missing items seems to line up and alingned to the left from the r in ignore filter.

weirdinin Wrote:I have more issues in regards of changing metadata of rcm. If I edit Steam.nfo e.g change <plot>blaa blaa </plot> to something else and re-add or rescrape the game, the plot of the game in rcm doesn't change. How come rcm always uses metadata for plot from internet, not from local file?
malte Wrote:RCB will always mix the results of all scrapers, but it does this via first come, first serve. If the first scraper finds plot information it will not be overwritten by another scraper. If you want to make sure to update your data with local info you should use the local scraper as the only scraper. Are you using the local nfo scraper or did you create a custom offline scraper?
Thank you. I thhought I was using local scraper only but the first scraper was accidentally set to scrape online. The text field of the first scraper was blank which made me think it was not used. I'm on helix, not on gotham, which might be the cause of missing some labels. Now metadata managing is working right. Thank you one more time, RCB is pure gold!

Edit. Just noticed the update for kodi. When I'll get to home i'll give it a go
Current setup
HTPC: G4560 Kaby Lake, ASRock H110M-ITX, 8 GB, Win10
Server: G2120 Ivy Bridge, ASRock B75 Pro3-M, 8 GB, 22 TB HDD, Ubuntu 16.04.5 LTS
Audio&Visual: Marantz NR-1602, Dali Opticon 6 5.1, SVS PB12-NSD, Sony KD-65A1
(2015-02-18, 09:07)malte Wrote: New test version available: 2.1.1

List of changes:

Launch Games
  • new option (edit rom collection): make local copy (thanks to sklick)

brilliant news malte! :-)

one question - i now see the option 'Make Local Copy' which is good, however I can't seem to 'select' it? Am I missing something? (my games still are not launching from my NAS)

EDIT 1: Option to mark local copy not visible in Eminenece skin (had to switch skins to select)
EDIT 2: Having issues launching .7z for some reason currently
I could directly load on XBMC PS3 games (running by PS3 machine itself not by emulaotor!!)

by this awesome rcb & PS3 CFW WebMan !! Rofl

I use WebMan's url adress on my PC.
double post
jelikey Wrote:can I see my game playtime in rcb?
No, not yet. Could be an option when there will be a database redesign but I have no idea when (or if) this will happen.

nalias Wrote:but what's happening now? is this normal for it to load/not return to the all list? its been 'loading list' for ~ 8min now pretty sure this is why i assumed it was broken in the first place..
No, not normal. I tried this back and forth with no issues. If you can reproduce it, can you send me a log?

nalias Wrote:seems the text box got a little messed up in the filter missing info section
Thanks for the hint. Seems like I have to check backwards compatibility to gotham.

kayone Wrote:one question - i now see the option 'Make Local Copy' which is good, however I can't seem to 'select' it? Am I missing something? (my games still are not launching from my NAS)

EDIT 1: Option to mark local copy not visible in Eminenece skin (had to switch skins to select)
What does that mean? When you switch to Confluence you can see and edit the option? That you don't see it in Eminence is normal when Eminence skin brings its own RCB files. These must be updated by the skinner, I have no access to it.

kayone Wrote:EDIT 2: Having issues launching .7z for some reason currently
I have to check if the "Make local copy" code broke something in this area. Thanks for the hint.
Funny you would mention log file... I have ~48mb log file for you.. all from the one attempt last night with it continuing to happen..

But i'm stubborn.. and lazy.. should stress the second one.. so i just kept testing different combinations of things to see what caused changes.. moving around the menu seemed to force items to load artwork and descriptions, so scrolling through sections of them quickly and then changing the filter caused something to change *shrug.. and while the all all all still doesn't work properly, its back to mostly functional now, games are not launching from zip right now. i made a 7z of the log file:

http://goo.gl/wKsVIq

cheers.

O, i hope I am not missing some obvious xbmc setting.. but is it possible to run the import scan in the back ground? Can it be 'detached' from xbmc as a separate program/script that is updating the same db xbmc is reading?
(2015-02-19, 08:06)malte Wrote:
kayone Wrote:one question - i now see the option 'Make Local Copy' which is good, however I can't seem to 'select' it? Am I missing something? (my games still are not launching from my NAS)

What does that mean? When you switch to Confluence you can see and edit the option? That you don't see it in Eminence is normal when Eminence skin brings its own RCB files. These must be updated by the skinner, I have no access to it.

Yea, no option in Eminence visible. Not an issue however as once selected using confluence, I can just leave it.
  • 307(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20