• 317(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
nyny77 Wrote:it is possible to add in the selection system "Cave" "Capcom Play System 1" "Capcom Play System 2" "Capcom Play System 3" "Sammy Atomiswave" please ? (google traduction)
I will start on reworking the scraper part. When I am doing this I will check if there are new platforms available on the scraped sites.

GOOCHY Wrote:Is there any way for me to hard set art work? Just like click on the selected rom and say, "Here's the path - use this."? The scraper refuses to import the image even though it's named exactly like the rom file and, to be honest, I've put far too much time into simply getting an image to display correctly already.
Fail$tyle420 Wrote:I'm having the SAME issue! I spent a LARGE amount of time compiling boxfront, boxback, screenshot, etc etc for all of my roms. I placed them in appropriate folders and have verified that the images match rom name. I import by local nfo and the info scrapes fine as well as my fanart. Nothing else. So I looked at my fanart and noticed that they were jpgs and all of my other artwork was png. I converted all of my pngs into jpgs and it still won't load my previously downloaded artwork. So, then I tried using local nfo scraper with online scrapers and suddenly the images were populating. Looked in my artwork folder and it downloaded an additional copy of the same artwork I already have....
GOOCHY Wrote:I also did the same thing thinking that RCB couldn't recognize .png format. No dice. Some show up, some don't even though the artwork is there and named exactly like the ROM. I've decided that I'm not going to put any more time into it. Most of the games I care about at least have some artwork.
Importing images can still cause headaches, thats right. Here are some issues that can prevent importing and/or loading images correctly:
1. wrong path or filename -> image will not be imported at all.
2. image is imported but RCB/Kodi can't show it. No idea why this happens from time to time. I guess that some header bytes of the image are corrupt and Kodis image loader has issues to render it (just an uneducated guess).

The first issue is easy to fix as nothing happened at all. Just correct the path and/or name and it should work.

The second issue needs some more attention. If you already imported artwork for a game, RCB won't overwrite this information in DB. You need to delete the game completely from RCB and rescrape it (unfortunately it is not possible to delete or update artwork separately). If you have a new image with the same name and just replace this in your artwork folders, this is no issue with RCB. It will just try to show the new image. But this will be an issue with Kodis texture cache. Kodi has a copy of your old image in texture cache and will continue to display this one instead of your new image. Kodi updates the cache from time to time but it can take several days until it will try to show the new image. There are options to delete the cache or even to find single images in it but I never really spent time to dig into this. Here is a big bang approach if you really want to start from scratch that seemed to work.

To find out if you are in an issue 1 or 2 situation you could check your log files after importing the game or look into the database with a tool like "SQLite Studio". If you have questions how to handle this you can just ask here. It is not more difficult than looking into an Excel sheet.

GOOCHY Wrote:malte: Feature request - add in the ability to hard set the artwork per ROM/game. We just select the .png, .jpeg/jpg., .bmp and on we go with our lives. Same for boxfront, back. etc.
This is already on my list. But is has a lower priority as it will not solve the texture cache issue. And I am not willing to dig into Kodis caching mechansims to find out how to delete/update artwork from there.
I appreciate your ongoing support, malte. Thanks for the suggestions.

Overall, the add-on is incredible. Works like a charm after a little hammer swinging with OpenELEC.
(2015-03-23, 08:09)malte Wrote:
nyny77 Wrote:it is possible to add in the selection system "Cave" "Capcom Play System 1" "Capcom Play System 2" "Capcom Play System 3" "Sammy Atomiswave" please ? (google traduction)
I will start on reworking the scraper part. When I am doing this I will check if there are new platforms available on the scraped sites.

GOOCHY Wrote:Is there any way for me to hard set art work? Just like click on the selected rom and say, "Here's the path - use this."? The scraper refuses to import the image even though it's named exactly like the rom file and, to be honest, I've put far too much time into simply getting an image to display correctly already.
Fail$tyle420 Wrote:I'm having the SAME issue! I spent a LARGE amount of time compiling boxfront, boxback, screenshot, etc etc for all of my roms. I placed them in appropriate folders and have verified that the images match rom name. I import by local nfo and the info scrapes fine as well as my fanart. Nothing else. So I looked at my fanart and noticed that they were jpgs and all of my other artwork was png. I converted all of my pngs into jpgs and it still won't load my previously downloaded artwork. So, then I tried using local nfo scraper with online scrapers and suddenly the images were populating. Looked in my artwork folder and it downloaded an additional copy of the same artwork I already have....
GOOCHY Wrote:I also did the same thing thinking that RCB couldn't recognize .png format. No dice. Some show up, some don't even though the artwork is there and named exactly like the ROM. I've decided that I'm not going to put any more time into it. Most of the games I care about at least have some artwork.
Importing images can still cause headaches, thats right. Here are some issues that can prevent importing and/or loading images correctly:
1. wrong path or filename -> image will not be imported at all.
2. image is imported but RCB/Kodi can't show it. No idea why this happens from time to time. I guess that some header bytes of the image are corrupt and Kodis image loader has issues to render it (just an uneducated guess).

The first issue is easy to fix as nothing happened at all. Just correct the path and/or name and it should work.

The second issue needs some more attention. If you already imported artwork for a game, RCB won't overwrite this information in DB. You need to delete the game completely from RCB and rescrape it (unfortunately it is not possible to delete or update artwork separately). If you have a new image with the same name and just replace this in your artwork folders, this is no issue with RCB. It will just try to show the new image. But this will be an issue with Kodis texture cache. Kodi has a copy of your old image in texture cache and will continue to display this one instead of your new image. Kodi updates the cache from time to time but it can take several days until it will try to show the new image. There are options to delete the cache or even to find single images in it but I never really spent time to dig into this. Here is a big bang approach if you really want to start from scratch that seemed to work.

To find out if you are in an issue 1 or 2 situation you could check your log files after importing the game or look into the database with a tool like "SQLite Studio". If you have questions how to handle this you can just ask here. It is not more difficult than looking into an Excel sheet.

GOOCHY Wrote:malte: Feature request - add in the ability to hard set the artwork per ROM/game. We just select the .png, .jpeg/jpg., .bmp and on we go with our lives. Same for boxfront, back. etc.
This is already on my list. But is has a lower priority as it will not solve the texture cache issue. And I am not willing to dig into Kodis caching mechansims to find out how to delete/update artwork from there.

Ok, sounds good. I will attempt some things later tonight when I get home, but my complaints are from a clean install of kodi and this add on(plus dependencies) only so I know that it has NOTHING to do with the db picking up older files/pictures.
Is there anyway to hide the command prompt that pops up?

I also seem to be having a problem with anything saving. Things like solo mode or use Popen I check and save, then go back into settings to find the option unchecked again. Neither seem like they do anything. Hell I can't even delete rom collections anymore, it will clear the window. I'll re-open Rom Collection Browser and there are all the games again.... I don't understand.
Hi !

I am loving this add-on so far and would like to thank you for the hard work.

With that said, I am running into a problem.

When I add different Rom collections they seem to be importing properly. The only issue i am having is when i go into game launch options the rom collections are not separated into different consoles.

ie: I imported my NES roms first then SNES then PSX etc... the problem with this is I can only change the launch parameters for my NES collection in Launch Options.

I can provide a screenshot if I explained my problem badly.

Thanks for the help !
I would first off like to say thank you for all the hard work on this amazing add-on.
Cannot live without it!

I only have 2 problems running latest version on 14.2 x86 on a nexus player and nexus 6 phone.

The first issue is when I first launch rcb as its loading my Roms it freezes kodi. I have a little over 100 Roms including nes, GB, Sega, n64, and nds and its freezing at random points loading the list of roms.
I've tried looking though settings for an option to turn off regarding reloading the list every time rcb opens but don't see anything to help.

Other issue is the error opening .7z files. I've looked around and see that in the past installing rcb from a repo has been the culprit. I've tried installing rcb directly from the latest zip and even tried older versions and nothing will open .7z files.

I've also had these problems on 14.1 arm build as well.

I apologize in advance as I've used the search button but cannot come up with any answers through the nearly 500 pages in the Tapatalk app.
Wink 
For me is :
Aeon MQ4 - RCB 2.17 - Frodo 12.3

No problem !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOZk0t-NVNA
(2015-03-23, 08:09)malte Wrote:

There is a "platform" in the list named "Other", this let you type the name you want.

Hope that this help you Smile
ohhh thank you very much ottorox !!
Apologies, but I'm not even sure if this is an RCB issue!

I'm running kodibuntu with:
kodi v14.2 (default confluence skin)
Rom Collection Browser v2.1.2
Retroarch/libretro (libretro stable ppa)

After lots of tweaking, I've got my games working fine. They start, go full screen, have sound, and I can control them. But upon game exit, kodi has a problem. There is no sound and the keyboard doesn't work inside kodi/RCB. I can still use the mouse inside kodi, and also use the keyboard to switch tty. (CTRL+ALT+F2) Once in another tty, the keyboard works fine.

kodi log excerpt: http://pastebin.com/1KRv2END

I start the game at 00:40:18. It has good sound using ALSA on hw:0,3. But then on exit at 00:40:24, it seems like it's trying to return to kodi with a different pulseaudio sound config?? I also have no idea what this has to do with the keyboard problem.

and just for the heck of it, here's aplay -l output:

**** List of PLAYBACK Hardware Devices ****
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 3: HDMI 0 [HDMI 0]
Subdevices: 1/1
Subdevice #0: subdevice #0
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 7: HDMI 1 [HDMI 1]
card 0: HDMI [HDA Intel HDMI], device 8: HDMI 2 [HDMI 2]
card 1: PCH [HDA Intel PCH], device 0: ALC283 Analog [ALC283 Analog]

relevant entries in retroarch.cfg:

audio_driver = "alsa"
audio_device = "hw:0,3"

This happens if I use escape to exit retroarch or F1 to bring up the menu and then choose quit. Maybe a small note, but I've only experimented with the mupen64plus_libretro.so core so far.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Fixed here http://libretro.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2547
I'm having problems with missing text in RCB. In the box that asks you which collection to import roms into, which scrapers to use, etc., the text of the options is missing in Aeon MQ (both 5 and 6). I've also seen missing text in Aeon Nox. Works fine in Confluence, though.
(2015-03-19, 00:26)GOOCHY Wrote: Well, I've tried every permutation of pointing RCB toward local files **which are named identically to the ROM names** and I've had zero luck in getting them to show up. I've tried even going to the extent of deleting the entire rom collection, deleting the thumbs13 file in Kodi, rebooting, re-scanning and pointing to local content - and it still won't show up. I've seen comments from the coder (malte?) stating that the local scraping option can be ran after scraping the Internet for descriptions, etc. but that simply does not work. I run a local scraper after scanning giantbomb.com, archive.vg, etc. for descriptions and whatnot - some games have some things, some games have images that are sub-par. I have high-res box images for basically everything in my collection but for some unknown reason RCB refuses to import them into my library. Is this a difficult thing to shake out? This seems to be a common complaint.

EDIT - Wouldn't you know it - I complain and all of the sudden they show up. I did literally nothing different from any other scan I've done over the past two days.

Is it still working? I am having a similar problem where it will scrape my collection and add them to the database, but nothing shows my library. Should i keep rescanning and hope it just randomly shows up?
Is there a guide on how to install this on an Android tv box rather than windows?
(2015-03-16, 07:45)malte Wrote:
whitetigerx8 Wrote:Now if I could figure out why I can't see the options for various settings in the menus; that would be helpful. I also noticed that the words Console, Genre, Year, Publisher, and A-Z run across the top part of the screen in black when I look through my rom collection. They always appear up there no matter what view I use to look at the collection or even if I change the skin. Those words will move down if I look at the filters options, and i noticed that they do match the options in order. Is this a glitch, too?
I have this issue when I use Aeon Nox as skin. In Confluence this should not happen.

Thanks for the great addon! Can you provide a hint, what or where i need to change in the aeon nox skin to fix this?

Regards!
Hi!

For beginning, one old bug (on Android - 100%):
If i scroll gamelist by mouse (mouse wheel, mouse cursor), nothing happens: black background screen, no game info, no year, etc., but game title changes. But if i scroll with gamepad (Xbox 360 controller) all works fine. There is a bug with input methods, i think.

Second big-big problem: latest versions of Kodi Helix 13.0(1,2) and RCB are awfully slow when work together.
When i click to launch RCB, it starts after 10 or more seconds. All RCB menus are slow too. This is very bad. Add this to bug, described upper, you get very ugly program with no chances to use it.
And with slow working scripts (all python scripts, i think) we must wait TWO DAYS to scrape collection of 300 GAMES :facepalm

I tried latest Gotham, Frodo releases and i can say that latest Gotham release work wery fast with latest RCB release.

Device: android 4.4 TV-box with wired mouse, wired XBox 360 controller and airmouse, if it information can help.
  • 317(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20