• 321(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Great Add-on!

Having 2 issues (related?). I apologize if my issues have been addressed in this thread and I have some how missed them Big Grin.

PROBLEM 1

During online scrape I recieve a "CANNOT CREATE ARTWORK" error, i have determined that RCB is having trouble creating the "CARTRIDGE" art. When I browse to my artwork folder the "boxback" "boxfront" "fanart" & "screenshot" folders have images correctly named. The "cartridge" folder contains images (.jpg) for my collection properly named, but apear to be blank (no thumbnail ) and when I try to open one using windows image viewer I get a "Windows Photo Viewer can't display this picture because the file is empty" message.

PROBLEM 2

After initial setup and online scrape, only 2 or 3 games in my collection display info or artwork. When I reset RCB 22 or 3 different games will display info and artwork. It seems to successfully scrape, all the nfo files are intact and it pulls all the artwork successfully, but I can't get RCB to display info and artwork for all my games at once*.

SYSTEM VERSIONS

Windows 8.1
Kodi 14.2 Helix
RCB 2.1.2

LOG

my kodi.log is posted on the Project google code page, issue 219

Thanks!
More info and a fix for the could not create artwork file error here:

https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionb...ail?id=185
(2015-05-21, 23:51)teeedubb Wrote: More info and a fix for the could not create artwork file error here:

https://code.google.com/p/romcollectionb...ail?id=185

Thanks for the link.

I did come across this before when I was looking for solutions. This seems to be a way to supress the error message, but doesn't really fix the problem...
Does anyone have any info on how to generate a MAME.txt file for a current mame rom set (eg 0.161) for use with RCB's offline scaper?
(2015-05-20, 18:15)Reb313 Wrote: What is the best way too close the emulator with an xbox 360 controller?

Thanks

I use PGP, create a config for my emulator and map a button to a batch file that stops the service. Best way I found to exit from a controller...
Has anyone updated the mobygames scraper? Or does anyone know how to do it easily? The sites still running and it's by far the best source for Artwork because they 9 times out of 10 have front, back and cartridge/disk images its great but the scraper fails every time. It sucks because the only scrapers that work dont't work half as well as it use to.
(2015-05-20, 18:15)Reb313 Wrote: What is the best way too close the emulator with an xbox 360 controller?

Thanks

I ran into this same problem, recently snex9x (snes9x_testbuild_24052015) added the ability to map a button to close the emulator, otherwise, I use joytokey and map buttons to alt and f4, down side is the buttons you map to keys now function as both the buttons and the keys, some experimentation in the emulators will show how this can be a minor annoyance, but if you have buttons to spare then it makes no difference, Ultimately id like to be able to use the home button to bring up a close application option in the xbox center thing.

Thanks

I use xpadder for this. Mapped a combination of two buttons for ALT+F4. Works perfect
  • unRAID server
  • EmbyServer docker container
  • LibreELEC virtual machine
  • Kodi (Aeon Nox SiLVO)
Follow up on the closing of emulators, Its xbox the accessory (xboxstat.exe), i bet you could use NTFS symbolic links to link to a different application. This new program would give you a menu controllable with the gamepad to close program 'x', and then close itself when done only launching when the xboxstat exe is called by pressing the home button. i went hunting for a simple solution and found that this seems to be possible with the windows widgets, but with those discontinued a different solution would be needed, the beauty of this system is that it would be a set it and forget it solution that would not mean sacrificing any buttons, AND it should work with steam games launched from kodi, or anything else launched too for that matter, i figure you could also put volume controls in it, or anything you want really, without the need to map buttons to a keyboard..

I post this here in the hope that someone smarter then I see what I think is possible and has something to offer on a solution.
Is anyone using Project 64 for Nintendo 64 games, I have everything scraped and the emulator setup but it won't load roms from Kodi just gives a cannot load file error.

If I launch the emulator myself in windows and load a rom it works fine, is there a special paramater, Ive been searching for the past hour but can't find anything.
Problem solved, Project 64 doesn't like "" in the parameters so changed "%ROM%" to just %ROM%.
(2015-05-26, 07:45)Dracrius Wrote: Has anyone updated the mobygames scraper? Or does anyone know how to do it easily? The sites still running and it's by far the best source for Artwork because they 9 times out of 10 have front, back and cartridge/disk images its great but the scraper fails every time. It sucks because the only scrapers that work dont't work half as well as it use to.

*BUMP*

Mobygames scraper seems broke. Dev, please fix or address!
This is a massive thread. I am looking for a skin that works with RCB and enables easy customisation of menu items (like Aeon Nox's customizer). I want to have RCB and Steam as main menu items on my Kodi box(es). I see Aeon Nox 5 is supposedly not fixed for RCB Undecided

EDIT: Or there a list of RCB compatible skins and I will check each out?
skin.aeonmq5.helixmod works with rcb nicley

my primary:

skin.rapier

default rcb interface, does have customizable menus, combine with advanced launcher for even more interface options. downside for some users; is designed for mouse use, a lot of menu items that are not customizable are very small targets.

you may have more luck finding a skin you like and trying to add the custom home menu if it doesn't have one.
Hi,

I know this addon is called ROM Collection Browser, but I was wondering if/how can I add any standalone games into the addon (I consider it a "Games Browser").
I'm running Kodi under Windows 7/8.1 and I would like to simply add a locally-installed game.

I tried to add it as a "Windows" emulator, but obviously it's asking for a "ROM" file etc'....

Is it possible to just add an executable file as a game?

thanks

p.s.
I tried to search the thread but couldn't find anything in all this mess Smile
  • 321(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20