[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs

Thread Rating:
  • 18 Vote(s) - 4.83 Average
lordashram Offline
@skydivingcows, With the exception of a few systems everything else I use RA as my emulator of choice.
Here are a couple of example configs of a few of my systems so maybe this might help:

Quote:<emulatorCmd>M:\Games\emu\retroarch\retroarch.exe</emulatorCmd>
<emulatorParams>-f -L cores\nestopia_libretro.dll -c nintendo.cfg "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
<romPath>M:\Games\roms\nes\*.nes</romPath>

Quote:<emulatorCmd>M:\Games\emu\retroarch\retroarch.exe</emulatorCmd>
<emulatorParams>-f -L cores\genesis_plus_gx_libretro.dll "%ROM%"</emulatorParams>
<romPath>M:\Games\roms\genesis\*.md</romPath>

I omitted much of the configs for each and only posted the relevant parts.
In this example I use a gamecube controller for all my Nintendo emulation so I have a separte config 'nintendo.cfg' just for Nintendo emu's mapped to those controllers. In the other I use the normal config file for my SEGA and other stuff and so I don't need to call for a special config. Hopefully these will give you an idea of what I need to use.

Also of note is I have Kodi & RetroArch both setup as fullscreen windows and not true fullscreens.
(This post was last modified: 2015-06-18 05:22 by lordashram.)
find quote
ldavet Offline
^I do the same.

I'm pretty sure in either this thread or the Adv Launcher thread there's a post with emu parameters you can use. The poster also used the -D parameter which I don't know what it's for.

RetroArch is, at its very core, a command line program. The libretro website has all the parameters you can use.
find quote
JoeBlow42069 Offline
I am running 15.0 Beta 2 on Win 7. My roms aren't being scraped when they are in .7z, I have to extract them for the scraper to work. Is there anyway around this?

***edit***
This is strange, I extracted 1 rom out of the set, and now the scraper is working for all .7z roms!?!? Anyone know why this is happening?
(This post was last modified: 2015-06-21 06:48 by JoeBlow42069.)
find quote
T2384 Offline
(2015-03-08 22:42)mooseknuckle Wrote:  Hi, I'm having trouble with adding a rom collection. I'm running RCB on a firetv stick and have successfully set up my NES, GBC, Genesis, and SNES games and all is working well, but I want to add another rom collection for my GBA games. When I click add rom collection and choose Gameboy Advance, nothing happens. It's like the autoconfig just fails to load. What can I do to remedy this? Thanks in advance!

How did u get them to work I have tried for weeks with no joy ?
find quote
ryuugamine Offline
Is it possible to make a MENU where will show all the consoles (systems) and the go to the selected rom collection ?
find quote
uriah Offline
Hi All

My first time here... I really need some help...I am not sure if this is the place to ask...
I am looking to download the MARIO VS DONKEY KONG rom game for MAME64 to work on my PC.
Can you guys help me to find one that is working ?
I have found few but non of them is working..

Maybe my emolator of MAME is not the right one ?

Please help....

Thanks !
find quote
Litmusdragon Offline
I'm very happy with Kodi and Rom Collection Browser as my front-end for emulators, except that the scraping in RCB is very slow. Like, over 2 hours to scrape 81 MAME games. Is there anything I can do to improve the scraping speed?

Quad X4 pc with 8 GB of RAM, very fast internet connection. I don't think my PC is the bottleneck.

I've tried other front-ends that scrape much faster but I like having it all integrated into Kodi.

edit:
Also, to report a bug, Mame's cabinet in list view does not display the title / action / marquee images in the upper-left when using the otherwise amazing looking Night skin.
(This post was last modified: 2015-07-01 22:54 by Litmusdragon.)
find quote
serpao Offline
(2015-07-01 21:50)Litmusdragon Wrote:  I'm very happy with Kodi and Rom Collection Browser as my front-end for emulators, except that the scraping in RCB is very slow. Like, over 2 hours to scrape 81 MAME games. Is there anything I can do to improve the scraping speed?

Quad X4 pc with 8 GB of RAM, very fast internet connection. I don't think my PC is the bottleneck.

I've tried other front-ends that scrape much faster but I like having it all integrated into Kodi.

edit:
Also, to report a bug, Mame's cabinet in list view does not display the title / action / marquee images in the upper-left when using the otherwise amazing looking Night skin.

I have the same problem. Only 4 SNES games took me 10 minutes.

And if i put Screaping: Automate, it always says me "error" after that loong time. I need to put it always in "Interactive, select matches" to be working.
find quote