• 323(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
^I do the same.

I'm pretty sure in either this thread or the Adv Launcher thread there's a post with emu parameters you can use. The poster also used the -D parameter which I don't know what it's for.

RetroArch is, at its very core, a command line program. The libretro website has all the parameters you can use.
I am running 15.0 Beta 2 on Win 7. My roms aren't being scraped when they are in .7z, I have to extract them for the scraper to work. Is there anyway around this?

***edit***
This is strange, I extracted 1 rom out of the set, and now the scraper is working for all .7z roms!?!? Anyone know why this is happening?
(2015-03-08, 22:42)mooseknuckle Wrote: Hi, I'm having trouble with adding a rom collection. I'm running RCB on a firetv stick and have successfully set up my NES, GBC, Genesis, and SNES games and all is working well, but I want to add another rom collection for my GBA games. When I click add rom collection and choose Gameboy Advance, nothing happens. It's like the autoconfig just fails to load. What can I do to remedy this? Thanks in advance!

How did u get them to work I have tried for weeks with no joy ?
Is it possible to make a MENU where will show all the consoles (systems) and the go to the selected rom collection ?
Hi All

My first time here... I really need some help...I am not sure if this is the place to ask...
I am looking to download the MARIO VS DONKEY KONG rom game for MAME64 to work on my PC.
Can you guys help me to find one that is working ?
I have found few but non of them is working..

Maybe my emolator of MAME is not the right one ?

Please help....

Thanks !
I'm very happy with Kodi and Rom Collection Browser as my front-end for emulators, except that the scraping in RCB is very slow. Like, over 2 hours to scrape 81 MAME games. Is there anything I can do to improve the scraping speed?

Quad X4 pc with 8 GB of RAM, very fast internet connection. I don't think my PC is the bottleneck.

I've tried other front-ends that scrape much faster but I like having it all integrated into Kodi.

edit:
Also, to report a bug, Mame's cabinet in list view does not display the title / action / marquee images in the upper-left when using the otherwise amazing looking Night skin.
(2015-07-01, 21:50)Litmusdragon Wrote: I'm very happy with Kodi and Rom Collection Browser as my front-end for emulators, except that the scraping in RCB is very slow. Like, over 2 hours to scrape 81 MAME games. Is there anything I can do to improve the scraping speed?

Quad X4 pc with 8 GB of RAM, very fast internet connection. I don't think my PC is the bottleneck.

I've tried other front-ends that scrape much faster but I like having it all integrated into Kodi.

edit:
Also, to report a bug, Mame's cabinet in list view does not display the title / action / marquee images in the upper-left when using the otherwise amazing looking Night skin.

I have the same problem. Only 4 SNES games took me 10 minutes.

And if i put Screaping: Automate, it always says me "error" after that loong time. I need to put it always in "Interactive, select matches" to be working.
I've fixed the mobygames scraper by modifying the following files:

04.03 - mobygames - cover link front.xml
04.09 - mobygames - screenshotlink.xml
---> Replace mobythumbnail by thumbnail

04.04 - mobygames - coverdetail front.xml
04.06 - mobygames - coverdetail back.xml
04.08 - mobygames - coverdetail media.xml
---> Add appendResultTo="http://www.mobygames.com" just after skipTo="""

On the other hand it would be great to scrape a game screenshot other than the title screenshot. A temporary "solution" could be scraping always the second or third screenshot in the row duplicating the following lines in 04.09 - mobygames - screenshotlink.xml:

<SkippableContent closeStmnt="true" skipTo="&lt;div class=&quot;thumbnail&quot;&gt;" ></SkippableContent>
<SkippableContent closeStmnt="true">&lt;div class=&quot;thumbnail&quot;&gt;</SkippableContent>

A nice solution would be like Advanced Launcher add-on does, open a selection window containing all the scraped game screenshots, although this slowdowns the scraping process by adding a lot of user interaction.
(2015-07-08, 21:45)diedel Wrote: I've fixed the mobygames scraper by modifying the following files:

---> Add appendResultTo="http://www.mobygames.com" just after skipTo="&quot;"

On the other hand it would be great to scrape a game screenshot other than the title screenshot. A temporary "solution" could be scraping always the second or third screenshot in the row duplicating the following lines in 04.09 - mobygames - screenshotlink.xml:

<SkippableContent closeStmnt="true" skipTo="&lt;div class=&quot;thumbnail&quot;&gt;" ></SkippableContent>
<SkippableContent closeStmnt="true">&lt;div class=&quot;thumbnail&quot;&gt;</SkippableContent>

A nice solution would be like Advanced Launcher add-on does, open a selection window containing all the scraped game screenshots, although this slowdowns the scraping process by adding a lot of user interaction.

Thank you diedel, tested and worked perfectly Smile
I use emumovies for most of my screenshots & fanart and highly recommend it.

I also do all my own custom boxart (front/back) and media (cartridge/disc) and I have a thread over at the ra forums for anyone interested now though I do plan on eventually starting a thread over on these forums on it as well.
(2015-07-08, 21:45)diedel Wrote: I've fixed the mobygames scraper by modifying the following files:

---> Add appendResultTo="http://www.mobygames.com" just after skipTo="&quot;"

Thanks a lot. I have some more fixes provided by aquiles2k that are waiting to be released. I hope that I can make a new test release soon.
Nintendo Shuts Down Browser Based Game Boy Emulator!

Playing old console games through browser-based emulators is a niche pastime of some of the most dedicated gamers.
For Game Boy Advance fans there are a few websites that offer such a nostalgic trip down memory lane, free for all.
Unfortunately, Nintendo is less pleased with the fan-made projects. This week the company took down a popular Game Boy Advance emulator that was hosted on the developer platform GitHub.
The website in question offered JavaScript-powered versions of many popular titles including Advance Wars, Dragon Ball Z, Super Mario Advance, Pokemon Emerald and The Sims 2.
While fans may like it, Nintendo sees the site as blatant copyright infringement.
“Nintendo requests that GitHub, Inc., disable public access to the web site at http://jsemu.github.io/gba/,” Nintendo writes in their takedown notice.
“This web site provides access to unauthorized copies of Nintendo’s copyright-protected video games and videos making use of Nintendo’s copyrighted Pokémon characters and imagery in violation of Nintendo’s exclusive rights.”
Nintendo’s takedown notice
Shortly after GitHub received the takedown notice the Game Boy Advance emulator was shut down. The user who hosted the files also appears to have removed his GitHub account, possibly to avoid any further trouble.
The above means that nostalgic Game Boy Advance fans will have to dust off their old consoles again or find another way to play their classics.
Interestingly, the code for the Game Boy Emulator itself, without the pre-loaded games, is open source and still hosted elsewhere on GitHub. Several copies of the full site are also still floating around.
This is not the first time that Nintendo has gone after a Game Boy emulator. The same happened with the popular iOS application GBA4iOS, which the company nuked in a similar fashion last year.
Source: TorrentFreak, for the latest info on copyright, file-sharing, torrent sites and the best VPN services.

Just was passing on some info for the gamers that use Rom Collection Browser and possibly this site,hope you dont mind,thanks.
I can't get gamecube to work.

I'm using dolphin 3.0

The folder structure is: games\gamecube\ , some files are iso's some are gcm. When I click on the game, I get this:

window pops up 7-zip self-extracting archive
Extract to:
E:\Games\Gamecube\

and option to extract or cancel

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
As with any super-long thread, my question may already be answered elsewhere, so please forgive me if that is the case.

Is RCB still being actively developed by anybody, and if so, is there any particular github repo that would be "best" place to look at for updates & potentially to push fixes to? I've got some improvements in mind for RCB but I didn't want to start messing around with the code without first know that I'm starting from the right place.
Catchy Signature Here
(2015-07-14, 20:53)SleepyP Wrote: As with any super-long thread, my question may already be answered elsewhere, so please forgive me if that is the case.

Is RCB still being actively developed by anybody, and if so, is there any particular github repo that would be "best" place to look at for updates & potentially to push fixes to? I've got some improvements in mind for RCB but I didn't want to start messing around with the code without first know that I'm starting from the right place.

malte still develops it, but he's busy, hence the lack of updates.
  • 323(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20