• 339(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
I recently set up RCB on my tablet and everything was setting up well... until i tried to launch a game.When i attempt at opening a game it, KODI minimizes and then returns while retroarch doesn't launch a game and stays in the background? I couldn't find a solution for why this was happening, When i checked the logs it didnt seem to mention anything.

http://pastebin.com/pFMEn8wU
hi there... ive got all my scraping sorted and working perfectly. Offline scraping I might add as although the online was good I found certain titles just wouldn't update their details.

THe issue I have is that the games descriptions I have aren't scrolling up or anything so it'll have some text about the game but it simply cuts off once the box is filled and wont scroll the text or appear to be any way to scroll it? any suggestions?
(2016-07-20, 16:04)Kailen Wrote: I recently set up RCB on my tablet and everything was setting up well... until i tried to launch a game.When i attempt at opening a game it, KODI minimizes and then returns while retroarch doesn't launch a game and stays in the background? I couldn't find a solution for why this was happening, When i checked the logs it didnt seem to mention anything.

http://pastebin.com/pFMEn8wU

have you setup retro arch to load the games? ie set up the core and the config file and then pointed RCB to that when it comes to launching the game?
Using RCB on Android device.
The only issue i have is with PSX multi disc games - other PSX games tested fine.

Game in question is named:
Name of Game_Disk1.bin
Name of Game_Disk1.cue
Name of Game_Disk2.bin
Name of Game_Disk2.cue

Settings are:
Code:
<RomCollection id="5" name="PlayStation">
      <useBuiltinEmulator>False</useBuiltinEmulator>
      <gameclient />
      <emulatorCmd>/system/bin/am</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams>start --user 0 -n com.epsxe.ePSXe/.ePSXe -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e com.epsxe.ePSXe.isoName "%rom%"</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>/mnt/sda/sda1/Games/PSX/*.cue</romPath>
      <saveStatePath />
      <saveStateParams />
      <mediaPath type="boxfront">/mnt/sda/sda1/Games/PSX/boxfront/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="boxback">/mnt/sda/sda1/Games/PSX/boxback/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="cartridge">/mnt/sda/sda1/Games/PSX/cartridge/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="screenshot">/mnt/sda/sda1/Games/PSX/screenshot/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="fanart">/mnt/sda/sda1/Games/PSX/fanart/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <preCmd />
      <postCmd />
      <useEmuSolo>False</useEmuSolo>
      <usePopen>False</usePopen>
      <ignoreOnScan>False</ignoreOnScan>
      <allowUpdate>True</allowUpdate>
      <autoplayVideoMain>True</autoplayVideoMain>
      <autoplayVideoInfo>True</autoplayVideoInfo>
      <useFoldernameAsGamename>False</useFoldernameAsGamename>
      <maxFolderDepth>99</maxFolderDepth>
      <doNotExtractZipFiles>False</doNotExtractZipFiles>
      <makeLocalCopy>False</makeLocalCopy>
      <diskPrefix>_Disk.*</diskPrefix>
      <imagePlacingMain>gameinfobig</imagePlacingMain>
      <imagePlacingInfo>gameinfosmall</imagePlacingInfo>
      <scraper name="thegamesdb.net" replaceKeyString="" replaceValueString="" />
      <scraper name="giantbomb.com" replaceKeyString="" replaceValueString="" />
    </RomCollection>

Is something wrong in my settings?
(2016-07-21, 12:41)VelvetKevorkian Wrote: Using RCB on Android device.
The only issue i have is with PSX multi disc games - other PSX games tested fine.

Game in question is named:
Name of Game_Disk1.bin
Name of Game_Disk1.cue
Name of Game_Disk2.bin
Name of Game_Disk2.cue

Settings are:
Code:
<RomCollection id="5" name="PlayStation">
      <useBuiltinEmulator>False</useBuiltinEmulator>
      <gameclient />
      <emulatorCmd>/system/bin/am</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams>start --user 0 -n com.epsxe.ePSXe/.ePSXe -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -e com.epsxe.ePSXe.isoName "%rom%"</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>/mnt/sda/sda1/Games/PSX/*.cue</romPath>
      <saveStatePath />
      <saveStateParams />
      <mediaPath type="boxfront">/mnt/sda/sda1/Games/PSX/boxfront/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="boxback">/mnt/sda/sda1/Games/PSX/boxback/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="cartridge">/mnt/sda/sda1/Games/PSX/cartridge/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="screenshot">/mnt/sda/sda1/Games/PSX/screenshot/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <mediaPath type="fanart">/mnt/sda/sda1/Games/PSX/fanart/%GAME%.*</mediaPath>
      <preCmd />
      <postCmd />
      <useEmuSolo>False</useEmuSolo>
      <usePopen>False</usePopen>
      <ignoreOnScan>False</ignoreOnScan>
      <allowUpdate>True</allowUpdate>
      <autoplayVideoMain>True</autoplayVideoMain>
      <autoplayVideoInfo>True</autoplayVideoInfo>
      <useFoldernameAsGamename>False</useFoldernameAsGamename>
      <maxFolderDepth>99</maxFolderDepth>
      <doNotExtractZipFiles>False</doNotExtractZipFiles>
      <makeLocalCopy>False</makeLocalCopy>
      <imagePlacingMain>gameinfobig</imagePlacingMain>
      <imagePlacingInfo>gameinfosmall</imagePlacingInfo>
      <scraper name="thegamesdb.net" replaceKeyString="" replaceValueString="" />
      <scraper name="giantbomb.com" replaceKeyString="" replaceValueString="" />
    </RomCollection>

Is something wrong in my settings?

you may need to do something like this http://www.freezenet.ca/guides/compatibi...mes-epsxe/ ...... whats the issue you actually get?
(2016-07-21, 14:46)rabbitarmitage Wrote: you may need to do something like this http://www.freezenet.ca/guides/compatibi...mes-epsxe/ ...... whats the issue you actually get?

Like i posted above:
My problem is not with switching discs in emulator, the multi-disc games do not start at all.
Also i'm on Android, not Windows.

Edit:

Apparently i'm blind. -.-
I just had to change
Code:
to
Code:
<diskPrefix>_Disk*.</diskPrefix>
in config.xml.
It works now.
Sorry to bother you, I try again with my request.

(2016-07-18, 23:22)Sgt Hartman Wrote: Hello everyone, I've a question about a setup wirh RCB + NEO.emu on my Shield. I setup up RCB with all the proper metadata for each rom but when I launch a game (zip file) RCB ask me which .rom I want to open, I select the 1st one and this open the NEO.emu app but not directly the game, this means I have to select (again) the game I want to play. The game starts but in this way it looks like I'm loosing the purpose to use RCB. Is there any way to launch a Neo Geo game directly from RCB?

Thanks
(2016-07-25, 11:51)Sgt Hartman Wrote: Sorry to bother you, I try again with my request.

(2016-07-18, 23:22)Sgt Hartman Wrote: Hello everyone, I've a question about a setup wirh RCB + NEO.emu on my Shield. I setup up RCB with all the proper metadata for each rom but when I launch a game (zip file) RCB ask me which .rom I want to open, I select the 1st one and this open the NEO.emu app but not directly the game, this means I have to select (again) the game I want to play. The game starts but in this way it looks like I'm loosing the purpose to use RCB. Is there any way to launch a Neo Geo game directly from RCB?

Thanks

When you create the ROM Collection it should automatically detect what emulator you have and put the parameters in for it to autostart IF the emulator can, I know a while back for example that MUPENae for the N64 couldn't autostart the roms, which is why I use Retroarch for them. Theres a thread somewhere that has the various parameters for a variety of emulators but I cant seem to find that at this moment.

**EDIT heres the link I was referring to http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=183527 if you scroll down you'll see the parmeters for the NEO.emu being start -n com.explusalpha.NeoEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%" check they are correct within your setup
(2016-07-26, 11:11)rabbitarmitage Wrote: **EDIT heres the link I was referring to http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=183527 if you scroll down you'll see the parmeters for the NEO.emu being start -n com.explusalpha.NeoEmu/com.imagine.BaseActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%" check they are correct within your setup

Nope, it doesn't work. I tried with this parameter but nothing happens when I launch the game. The default parameter is slightly different but it launch me only the NEO.emu main window.
Does anyone know where I can download artwork and nfo files to all snes, genesis, and master system games in one zip? Pretty much what these guys did with all NES games (http://www.gam3rds.com/758-classic-ninte...%E2%80%8B/). The download link on that site contains all artwork and nfo files for the games. I'm asking because I can't seem to get the scrapers to work for me.
Hey guys, first post here. It's a rare thing for me lol.

I was reading on the FAQ of the RCB Homepage about the 7z archive error and the workaround to this. Essentially, it says to use .7z archives, download the RCB from the RCB Homepage rather than through Kodi as downloading it through Kodi does not include the python libraries needed.

The problem is the latest version posted on the RCB Homepage is 2.0.11! I don't wanna go that far backwards. Is there another solution - is 2.1.2 posted somewhere that HAS the python libraries?

There is a note on the RCB Homepage that mentions: if RCB ships the wrong libraries you can always get the latest release here: https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pylzma

However, it is a .tar.gz file, which I really am not familiar with. I do know enough that 7z will open it, but inside are just more files I'm not familiar with.

Thanks guys
Just in case someone has the same problem:

RCB is not logging anything on my Kodi 16.1. To fix this change in the file .kodi/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/lib/util.py the lines from 405 to

Code:
    def log(message, logLevel):
        if(Logutil.currentLogLevel == None):
            xbmc.log("RCB: init log level")
            Logutil.currentLogLevel = Logutil.getCurrentLogLevel()
            xbmc.log("RCB: current log level: " +str(Logutil.currentLogLevel))

if(logLevel > Logutil.currentLogLevel):            
            return

xbmcLevel = xbmc.LOGINFO

try:
            if(logLevel == LOG_LEVEL_DEBUG):
                xbmc.log(msg="RCB_DEBUG: " + message)    
            elif(logLevel == LOG_LEVEL_INFO):
                xbmc.log(msg="RCB_INFO: " + message)    
            elif(logLevel == LOG_LEVEL_WARNING):
                xbmc.log(msg="RCB_WARNING: " + message, level=xbmc.LOGWARNING)    
            elif(logLevel == LOG_LEVEL_ERROR):
                xbmc.log(msg="RCB_ERROR: " + message, level=xbmc.LOGERROR)    
            else:
                xbmc.log(msg="RCB_INFO: " + message)    
        except:
            pass

After that delete the file util.pyo
And an additional question:

I'm not able to start higan if I run kodi INSTEAD of the linux desktop (Gnome 3). This is done by setting XSession=kodi at /var/lib/AccountsService/users for the user.

I get this errors:
Code:
The program 'hiro' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'BadAtom (invalid Atom parameter)'.
  (Details: serial 8 error_code 5 request_code 20 minor_code 0)
  (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
   that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
   To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
   option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
   backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)

Starting kodi FROM the linux desktop (Gnome 3) it is possible to start higan from kodi without these errors.

Has anybody a solution for this?
Hey guys ... is there a way to change artwork after I scraped a collection?
for example fanart, which is sometimes not the best by default... or is there a way to set a single fanart for each collection?
btw ... is the API for the scrapers still going to be updated?!
I have released the first version of Advanced Emulator Launcher. It is an addon similar to ROM Collection Browser and may be of interest to you, specially now that RCB seems not maintained any more. Have a look into this thread.
  • 339(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20