• 341(current)
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs
Hello everyone,

Been tinkering with RBC for the past few days. It's a great idea but quite problematic to set up at first.

I'm wondering if anyone knows how to clear the cache? I have manually updated (overwritten) some of the front covers. The updated covers appear fine when the games are highlighted but the next and back are showing the old cover.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
(2016-09-26, 15:13)Wintermute0110 Wrote:
(2016-09-26, 14:55)SylentEcho Wrote: Is there another stable version I could use? The Ace theme doesn't work on this version either. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ROM Collection Browser is currently not maintained anymore and known to cause trouble with Kodi Jarvis and Krypton. Why don't you give Advanced Emulator Launcher a try?
Advanced emulator launcher is more like advanced program launcher than RCB. In RCB i can filter by genre, year, console and publisher.

Enviado de meu 2014819 usando Tapatalk
@mrw1986 and Wintermute0110, thanks for all your help, but I've just switched to Romshelf. All I needed was a frontend for my roms and this one's totally hassle free,
Hi, I searched and found libraries for .7z support for Kodi 16.1. Tested and running on Win10 x64 machine.

http://www98.zippyshare.com/v/RjJe6pTQ/file.html

If I compile pylzma.so on Linux x86 and put it to an Android device to /data/app/org.xbmc.kodi..lib/libpylzma.so,
I get error

RCB_ERROR: You have tried to launch a .7z file but you are missing required libraries to extract the file. You can download the latest RCB version from RCBs project page. It contains all required libraries.
RCB_ERROR: Error: dlopen failed: "libpylzma.so" has unexpected e_machine: 3
RCB_ERROR: Error handling compressed file

Someone knows how to compile libpylzma.so for Android arm architecture ?
Hello guys, haven't been on here in a while. Haven't had any issues till now...haha! Ok I've had my rom collection browser setup for the longest time...i have numerous emulators and such setup and have always worked flawlessly. My issue i just encountered was that when i went to setup "GAME BOY ADVANCE" at the platform select screen nothing happens when i choose it. To be in more step by step detail....when i choose "ADD ROM COLLECTION" then "SCRAPE GAME INFO ONLINE" and then go to select "GAME BOY ADVANCE" from platform selection screen...nothing happens. if i choose "GAME BOY" above it or "GAME BOY COLOR" below it, it goes to next step which is choosing which emulator but nothing happens when choosing "GAME BOY ADVANCE". i am using an Nvidia Shield TV Console. Yes I've done a search on this but nothing refers to the issue I'm having, all searches just turn up how to setup rom collection browser itself. As always many thanks to all the vast knowledge people provide on this forum! You guys are awesome!
What I did is to setup all Emulator / Files / Folders manually in the config.xml file in userdata/addondata/rcb... folder.
You can backup this file and try to add all you need in a text editor.

Here how my GBA part looks like :
Code:
<RomCollection id="29" name="Game Boy Advance">
      <useBuiltinEmulator>False</useBuiltinEmulator>
      <gameclient />
      <emulatorCmd>/system/bin/am</emulatorCmd>
      <emulatorParams>start --user 0 -n com.androidemu.gba/.EmulatorActivity -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"</emulatorParams>
      <romPath>your rompath/*.ZIP</romPath>
      <romPath>your rompath/*.SGB</romPath>
      <romPath>your rompath/*.GBA</romPath>
      <romPath>your rompath/*.7z</romPath>
      <saveStatePath />
      <saveStateParams />
      <mediaPath type="boxfront">path for covers../Nintendo/%GAME%-(NGBA)-front.*</mediaPath>
      <preCmd />
      <postCmd />
      <useEmuSolo>False</useEmuSolo>
      <usePopen>False</usePopen>
      <ignoreOnScan>False</ignoreOnScan>
      <allowUpdate>True</allowUpdate>
      <autoplayVideoMain>True</autoplayVideoMain>
      <autoplayVideoInfo>True</autoplayVideoInfo>
      <useFoldernameAsGamename>False</useFoldernameAsGamename>
      <maxFolderDepth>99</maxFolderDepth>
      <doNotExtractZipFiles>False</doNotExtractZipFiles>
      <makeLocalCopy>True</makeLocalCopy>
      <diskPrefix>_Disk.*</diskPrefix>
      <imagePlacingMain>gameinfobig</imagePlacingMain>
      <imagePlacingInfo>gameinfosmall</imagePlacingInfo>
      <scraper name="thegamesdb.net" replaceKeyString="" replaceValueString="" />
    </RomCollection>

Please any good python coder can help me ? I tried to compile pylzma.so library for android but its not working. I'll try again with standalone-toolchain but it would be much easier to change the python code in launcher.py to use p7z for android from this thread in XDA:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthre...415&page=2
I become crazy....tried many cross-compilers for now and build with hash style sysv in qemu armel debian chroot. Nothing worked.
Anyone can include 7z decompress support for p7z in launcher.py ? Please......
ok so i was getting no where with trying to get this to work so i had to go to my last resort which was to do a "fresh start" on kodi and start fresh. I reinstalled rom collection browser and started just as i did when i first installed it. I went straight to trying to add "GAME BOY ADVANCE" as my first platform and when i did this message popped up saying "UNHANDLED EXCEPTION OCCURED DURING EXECUTION OF RCB: 'NONETYPE' OBJECT IS NOT ITERABLE SEE XBMC.LOG FOR DETAILS" does anyone have any clue what that means in english?
@kodi zombie.....i can't access these command lines since I'm using an nvidia shield tv. it doesn't give me root access to add ons.
(2016-10-14, 23:31)ctrim78 Wrote: @kodi zombie.....i can't access these command lines since I'm using an nvidia shield tv. it doesn't give me root access to add ons.

all data for kodi is stored on internal or sdcard. no need to root it. its at Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi .... .kodi is hidden folder
Just use a file explorer with hidden files enabled like es file explorer 4.0.22. Its good and without ads.
Finally found a way to fix all my problems with RCB:
Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:libretro/testing
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install retroarch* libretro*
Hey guys...I have added successfully some windows games and everything were scapped ok. All the games have extension .lnk and .url(steam games)

When I start the games I see the black CMD window. Is there a way to hide this or not to be executed at all?
(2016-11-29, 12:36)03397 Wrote: Hey guys...I have added successfully some windows games and everything were scapped ok. All the games have extension .lnk and .url(steam games)

When I start the games I see the black CMD window. Is there a way to hide this or not to be executed at all?

The CMD window is waiting until you finish playing to reopen RCB in Kodi again. If you close it by exit it will interupt your progs / games.
is it staying in the background or it open in front of your games ?
(2016-12-01, 11:35)ködi-zömbie Wrote:
(2016-11-29, 12:36)03397 Wrote: Hey guys...I have added successfully some windows games and everything were scapped ok. All the games have extension .lnk and .url(steam games)

The CMD window is waiting until you finish playing to reopen RCB in Kodi again. If you close it by exit it will interupt your progs / games.
is it staying in the background or it open in front of your games ?

It is staying opened in front of Kodi. It will be good if it was minimized of behind kod.
I have kodi to be focused all the time..
Hmmm ...
maybe:
Code:
start Hstart64.exe /NOCONSOLE 'commandos' .....
is what you looking for. You could try to open your roms with a selfmade batch.bat file silently as service by hstart/64.
I am trying to scrap mame roms under windows and I am getting this error message and the scraping fails.
23:56:14 T:5032 ERROR: EXCEPTION: 'platforms' is an invalid Id
23:56:14 T:5032 ERROR: EXCEPTION: Non-Existent Control 5224
23:56:14 T:5032 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setVisible'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Users\nicolas\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\script.games.rom.collection.browser\resources\lib\dialogcontextmenu.py", line 48, in onInit
control.setVisible(False)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'setVisible'
-->End of Python script error report<--
Any help on this guys,,,
  • 341(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Rom Collection Browser - Browse and launch emulator game ROMs20