grassmunk Wrote:Speaking about the UI, what (if any) are your plant to use the "Xtras" package due to be release anyday now?
It depends on the reliability of their data. Actually I am working on a more stable import mechanism for relase V0.5.
If this is done you can import rom collections in following scenarios:
- without any additional data, just the rom files - very boring and you should not use rcb if this is your scenario
- condition: should always work
- only with image or video files (without game description) - it will look better but you won't be able to filter your games (only by console) and you won't get any additional information about them
- condition: the filenames of your images or videos must exactly match your rom filenames (without extension):
- with image or video files and (reliable) game description:
- option 1: rom filenames, image filenames and description filenames must match exactly
- option 2: rom filenames and image filenames must match exactly, the rom filename appears (exactly) as game name inside the description file
- option 3: rom filenames and image filenames must match exactly, the rom file crc value appears inside the description file
- option 4: the rom file crc value appears inside the description file, image filenames match exactly the game name inside the description file
I hope this is not too confusing, but if one the last 4 options is true for the xtras package it should be no problem to create a suitable configuration file for it.
djvj Wrote:Will flv intro videos work with this? Emumovies.com has full collections of no-intro named sets that are in flv format to support the Hyperspin FE.
I don't know. I am using the standard XBMC player to playback video files. If XBMC can handle flv files, RCB should be able to it, too.