music navigation
can someone please give a concise explanation of how music navigation is supposed to work in xbmc? (i.e. the theory behind the wiki entry on navigation)

it seems that after a certain amount of time the visualization screen comes up and it is hard to get back to the playlist screen without going through an osd icon menu that bounces you back out. of course this all varies by skin, and it may be that i have my remote configured wrong, or that my situation is complicated by using a daap share, but i feel like this is an aspect of xbmc that can certainly be improved upon.

thanks!
Escape/Back out should take you back out of the vis. It may be that you have that mapped to some other function. Improved default keymappings are always wanted, should that be what it is.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Back does not take you back out when in the visualisation - before the forum crash, there was an answer to this posted here involving remapping the back button when in a music visualisation, but I cannot recall exactly what it was Huh
Tab key toggles in and out of visualization.

Randy
Not on a remote, it doesn't.

The issue is making the back button perform the function you would expect in a music visualisation - to take you back to the list.
On my MCE remote sending the tab key works a treat. Of course I had to set a button on the remote to do that, but it does work. If it works on the keyboard a send key on the remote will work.
Thank you for your help, but that means then changing the function of that remote button for every part of xbmc - not what we want to do. We want the back button in the music visualisation screen to perform that function, not in anything else. The question was, how do we do that?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
music navigation0