Remote control of xbmc, what's there?
hiya, i'm.. uh... new here.

anyway, i've just set up xbmc on my xbox, which is connected into my home network and plays files off my file server somewhere else on the network. the xbmc is positioned nicely in the lounge, with a remote control as the controller, and i'm thinking of expanding the audio into the bedroom 1 wall away.

now, the first plan is to have an average machine, use it as a console, and stick my spare flat screen on the wall in the bedroom, controlling xbmc with the http server. however, it's not a very useful app if you're thinking of using a remote control etc etc (web browsers never really oozed accessiblity)....

so, what i'm looking to do is either find an application that interfaces with xbmc and can be configured to work with a remote, or alternatively, what would be just as good would be to split the s-video output from the xbox and send one to my tv in the lounge, and one to my s-video in on the computer terminal in my bedroom, showing the video via wintv or similar. now, this would be a great way to do it, except it suffers from the flaw of the fact that i'd need to find a way to send ir data from a second xbox remote back into the xbox.

this second option seems better for sure, as then i get a consistent interface. soooooooooo to sum it up... is there a way to:

1. split a s-video cable and send to 2 recievers
2. send the ir signal from a second remote from the room next door to the xbox.

thanks in advance for any help people provide.
rich

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote control of xbmc, what's there?0