• 64(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited
It's an auto width control for all of them.

Every language is going to have different lengths so that's the best that I can do.
Hitcher Wrote:It's an auto width control for all of them.

Every language is going to have different lengths so that's the best that I can do.

Ok, but what could I do if I want to edit it manually?
Hitcher Wrote:You might need to 'Force Refresh' as XBMC only checks every 6 hours.

strange thing is, now there's nothing in the repository. I'll have to try to remove it and re-add it. see if that helps.

edit: fixed. Smile
Any plan to implement extrafanart?
kri kri Wrote:Any plan to implement extrafanart?

Not from me, Alaska is not a really fanart skin.
kri kri Wrote:Any plan to implement extrafanart?

You could try my mod for this its working pretty well I meant to do more work on it but didnt get the time Will look again tonight.

EXTRAFANART
Hey Hitcher,

is there any particular reason that there is only file view in file mode? This is a problem for me because file mode seems to be used when opening a plugin.

E.g. Apple Movie Trailers can only be used in file view, where I think canvas view would be much cooler...

Any chances that this will get changed?
I'll have a look but the trouble is other addons will look wrong in Poster view and I'll no doubt get complaints about it.
in tvshows (landscape view) im just getting empty frames and the title of the show, no banner, poster or anything? Not really sure what it is that should be displayed there, but whatever it is, its not showing up with me. Any way i can change it to just show the fanart in the frame (aswell as the background where its already showing)?
mistenkt Wrote:in tvshows (landscape view) im just getting empty frames and the title of the show, no banner, poster or anything? Not really sure what it is that should be displayed there, but whatever it is, its not showing up with me. Any way i can change it to just show the fanart in the frame (aswell as the background where its already showing)?
From the first post -

Hitcher Wrote:Tutorials

Combined Banner, Landscape and Poster support -
  • Have the scraper set to download Posters.

• Download the Banner and Landscape images from TVdb and save them to each TV Show folder naming them banner.jpg and landscape.jpg respectively. I recommend resizing the landscape images to 408x230 to prevent slowdown.

• If you need to change any of the images for whatever reason you'll need to delete userdata/Database/textures.db to force XBMC to re-cache them.
ok, any chance you could tell me what i need to edit to have it just show the fanart there?
Hitcher: Any chance of adding some sort of option regarding the red tinted background thats in the current version of Revisited (the one that spreads from the bottom left corner). In previous version of Alaska it was a grey shade instead and I think I preferred that one, it keeps the skin even more simplistic if you ask me Smile
how do you enable when you hit play the movie info screen comes up instead of just playing the movie as i dont want to use i for the info ? and can you have this setting just on movies and not on tv shows ?

cheers
That's not an Alaska Skin question, but a general XBMC thing.

Anyway, assuming you have a fairly recent version of XBMC, have a look at settings > Video > File Lists and there is a setting called "Default select action". You can change this to "Show Information" to bring up the Information screen.

To the best of my knowledge, it's not currently possible to have this work for Movies only, but there is talk of it in future.
My only gripe is it's painfully annoying when I am in TV shows and I hit "Esc" and it takes me back to the main menu. Can it not simply take me back one directory?
  • 64(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited8