• 66(current)
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited
Fixed for next update.
Hitcher:

Any chance to add genre-view in library? Like what I was asking about in this thread:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=81380

With the edit that ">>X<<" helped me with, the skin is now perfect! Smile
...but it would be nice ta have that feature in future updates as well.
Angelscry Wrote:Image

I have the same bug on my side under XBMC 33978 with Alaska Revisted 1.6.0.

I also noticed that the home screen weather does not refresh unless you actually go into the Weather screen. So I can't use it to just scan current conditions while navigating on the home screen. Is there a way to add a feature that perhaps forces a refresh say every xx minutes.
Hey, love this skin!
I have a couple of issues though.
In my setup, I have sources pointing a different folders based on what there is in them; movies for grownups, animation movies for my daugthers, TV recordings, etc.
In a previous version, I added some items "below" the main movie entry, with custom bitmaps, so that I'd go from movies, to cartoons, to documentaries, etc, etc.
It used to display my custom icons fine, but now I only see the movie icon; Actually sometimes I can see a shadow of the actual bitmap I'm supposed to see when I select, just before it fades out, but that's about it. I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out how to change this with no luck. It seems like there is a bitmap object that takes precedence over the ones set for each item of the list or something like that.
Some help would be much appreciated on that matter!

Secondly, and I just noticed that recently, in order to display only the proper data in each categories, I call a custom version of ActivateWindow:
ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,M:\Movies\,return) for movies for example, and I change the name of the folder based on what I want to see.
That works fine, except that in the original version which calls (MyVideoLibrary, movietitles, return) I can see all sort of information related to the film selected (synopsis, genre, year, codecs, etc) while when doing it on a specific folder all those aren't showing.
Any way to fix that that I wouldn't know of? Or is it a problem with how xbmc handles the data?

Thanks in advance to anyone who will read this post and try to give me some clues Smile
Angelscry Wrote:Image

I have the same bug on my side under XBMC 33978 with Alaska Revisted 1.6.0.
Yup thats the one, glad to see I'm not dreaming.
I'm still having problem with the MOVIES and VIDEO ADD-ONS text over each other. No one having this to?

Then I think I have found a bug. In now playing when playing music the shuffel option is always there ifen if it plays in sequence.
Turn on 'debug mode' and tell me what window you're in - it should be MyVideo.xml.

Fixed the Playlist Shuffle problem.
Zeflash Wrote:Hey, love this skin!
I have a couple of issues though.
In my setup, I have sources pointing a different folders based on what there is in them; movies for grownups, animation movies for my daugthers, TV recordings, etc.
In a previous version, I added some items "below" the main movie entry, with custom bitmaps, so that I'd go from movies, to cartoons, to documentaries, etc, etc.
It used to display my custom icons fine, but now I only see the movie icon; Actually sometimes I can see a shadow of the actual bitmap I'm supposed to see when I select, just before it fades out, but that's about it. I spent a couple of hours trying to figure out how to change this with no luck. It seems like there is a bitmap object that takes precedence over the ones set for each item of the list or something like that.
Some help would be much appreciated on that matter!
Have you've done this by adding them to your Favourites first and then selecting them in the sub menu settings?
Zeflash Wrote:Secondly, and I just noticed that recently, in order to display only the proper data in each categories, I call a custom version of ActivateWindow:
ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,M:\Movies\,return) for movies for example, and I change the name of the folder based on what I want to see.
That works fine, except that in the original version which calls (MyVideoLibrary, movietitles, return) I can see all sort of information related to the film selected (synopsis, genre, year, codecs, etc) while when doing it on a specific folder all those aren't showing.
Any way to fix that that I wouldn't know of? Or is it a problem with how xbmc handles the data?

Thanks in advance to anyone who will read this post and try to give me some clues Smile
I don't really understand what you're trying to do here.
Hello Hitcher,

I see you have added an option to hit studio logos from the rest of the info. That's a good feature, thank you.

I have used your code to make a small change - I have split off 'media info' to include the 'actual' media info flags (resolution, source and sound type) and then made the IMDB ratings and studio logos toggle buttons. So I now have three toggles - hide media info, hide IMDB rating, hide studio info.

Would you consider this change at all for the main skin? I can post the xml files if need be, I have them backed up for future main skin updates.

Thank you for your work!
Exclamation 
Hitcher,

I am testing with my own SVN builds, and up to r34168 everything worked well. Today I made another build r34191 and it seems that the skin is broken. The issues are showing up in library navigation, e.g. "Poster Fixed" and other modes are no longer working correctly, as well as there are missing thumbs. I don't know what's going on, perhaps the changes to use UTF-16 character encoding are causing the skin to no longer work well (r34170+)? Meanwhile, reverted back to r34168.

Regards, Voyager-xbmc
Noobee Wrote:Hello Hitcher,

I see you have added an option to hit studio logos from the rest of the info. That's a good feature, thank you.

I have used your code to make a small change - I have split off 'media info' to include the 'actual' media info flags (resolution, source and sound type) and then made the IMDB ratings and studio logos toggle buttons. So I now have three toggles - hide media info, hide IMDB rating, hide studio info.

Would you consider this change at all for the main skin? I can post the xml files if need be, I have them backed up for future main skin updates.

Thank you for your work!

I would like the option to turn off IMDB ratings never thught much of there ratings anyway :p
Hitcher Wrote:Have you've done this by adding them to your Favourites first and then selecting them in the sub menu settings?

I don't really understand what you're trying to do here.

Ah! thanks for the answer, I didn't think of using the favorites to access specific areas.
This solved the icon issue in the main menu - weirdly enough just adding a favorite made the icon show up properly on my additions to the include_homedefault.xml.
Trouble is, using the favorites means showing up the specific folder content as a file list only. And that was what I was trying to explain in my previous post. Using ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary, "the directory to show", return) shows the files somewhat like the library view, in which I can choose the formatting of the list. The issue I asked about is that I don't see the extra information I see when choosing to see the movie library - which shows information from all the files tagged as movies, not just the ones I want to see in that specific section.
Im having a minor issue when using this skin. Everything seems to work properly except for the thumbs of my TV Shows. Thumbs for literally everything else show up, just not in my TV Shows section. They show up here as just plain white squares (using landscape view) When I go to the show info, where I can change the thumb, they show up there, just not on the regular view. Here is a picture to better understand. Is there some setting I need to change to correct the issue?

Please read the first post.
Im not sure what post you're referencing Hitcher. If this is a question thats already been addressed, i'm sorry. I just couldn't seem to find it when skimming through. Any help would be appreciated though.
  • 66(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Alaska Revisited8