libid3tag compile error karmic
I have sometimes problem compiling xbmc after a fresh ubuntu install, this means I have had this error several times with various ubuntu versions.
I dont know what causes this but the compile always stops with the error below, maybe some missing pacages ?
I have installed all the packages in Readme.ubuntu and also tried installing the packages with apt build-dep xbmc.

Have anyone had the same compile error, and know what causes this, and knows a solution?

error:
/bin/bash ./libtool --tag=CC --mode=compile gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -Wall -fPIC -MT genre.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/genre.Tpo -c -o genre.lo genre.c
libtool: compile: gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -Wall -fPIC -MT genre.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/genre.Tpo -c genre.c -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/genre.o
In file included from genre.c:32:
genre.dat:407: error: ‘genre_POLKA’ undeclared here (not in a function)
make[4]: *** [genre.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/xbmc/xbmc/lib/libid3tag/libid3tag'
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/xbmc/xbmc/lib/libid3tag/libid3tag'
make[2]: *** [all] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/xbmc/xbmc/lib/libid3tag/libid3tag'
make[1]: *** [libid3tag/.libs/libid3tag.so] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/xbmc/xbmc/xbmc/lib/libid3tag'
make: *** [libid3tag] Error 2

EDIT:
It was a missing package, I really don't understand why it's just after some reinstalls. Must be related to all the other shit I install Smile
The missing package was: xmms2-dev
Hi

Got the same error under fedora 12 - no such problem in F13, but i need F12 for Amahi.

I can't seem to DL that specific package. Can anyone help? i made a seperate thread, but it seems not many know what the cause is. I have used the guide over at http://www.erikdejongh.com/index.php/201...nterprise/ , which was no problem in F13, but i get the same error in F12..

Link to thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=635395

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
libid3tag compile error karmic0