video seek interval on MCE remote
Hi,

I am pretty happy with configuration of MCE remote (part of Asrock 330 HT-BD). The only thing that bothers me is the seek interval during video playback - when I press left or right, video jumps in interval of 30 secs backwards or forward. I would like to decrease this interval to something like 10 seconds. How do I do that? Maybe I was looking for wrong phrase but found nothing on wiki and forum neither.

Jose
Hi,
maybe what you look for is here.

Search for "timeseekforward"
vukas, thanks a lot for your hint. It was exactly what I was looking for ;-)

Jose
Doesn't work for me. I have advancedsettings.xml in my Roaming\XBMC\userdata folder, and I have changed these values:

<advancedsettings>
<video>
<timeseekforward>10</timeseekforward>
<!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek. Defaults to 30. -->
<timeseekbackward>-10</timeseekbackward>
<!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek. Defaults to -30. -->
</video>
</advancedsettings>

But XBMC still skips by 30 seconds, not 10 seconds like I've set it.

I've also copied the advancedsettings.xml file to C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata and that didn't make a difference either.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
No one? Can anyone confirm that they even have this working in XBMC 10.0? Because I'm stumped.
Prizm4 Wrote:No one? Can anyone confirm that they even have this working in XBMC 10.0? Because I'm stumped.

It's working for me in 10.0 but I'm on Mythbuntu 10.04 with advanced settings in /.xbmc/userdata folder. Your code looks the same as mine but I removed the seekforward and the comments. If you look in your xbmc.log file I it shows advancedsetting.xml either loading or not and gives the reason.
If there's no entry then most likely XBMC is not finding the file.

<advancedsettings>

<video>
<timeseekbackward>-7</timeseekbackward>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
Dobyken Wrote:If you look in your xbmc.log file I it shows advancedsetting.xml either loading or not and gives the reason.
If there's no entry then most likely XBMC is not finding the file.

THANK YOU! The log told me there was an error on line 70. Turns out the advancedsettings.xml I downloaded on this forum somewhere had two </video> tags, and it was wondering what the hell it should do with the second tag.

thanks for that

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
video seek interval on MCE remote0